Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DQCraze

DD Smoke

8 comments in this topic

[WB]
Members
146 posts
13,094 battles

With all the anti DD modules available any chance we could increase the dispersion on smoke.  So that if youre in USN smoke it would increase the dispersion by 3? Every class now has radar, its becoming harder to spot and cap, i think this would add a little help. 

Edited by DQCraze

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,454 posts
19,913 battles

Don't push the cap so hard. It isn't going anywhere. When faced with a number of radar ships sit back and find out where they are. Then move to capture a cap or let them sit till the heavy threats are finished off a bit. If your team can't kill them off quick enough and you are losing the point battle then take the risk. DD's are strongest in the end game so staying alive is critical.

• Cool 3

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
24 minutes ago, Khafni said:

. DD's are strongest in the end game so staying alive is critical.

To this I agree, however......

You still need to "work" while you "wait" for the end game. I've been playing a lot less, and took a break, it's just a super busy time of year for me. Upon playing some return matches I see that there seems to be an overall "slowdown" to match pace, this is more evident/noticed in the lower tiers which used to be pretty brawly, so it's much easier to realise the change. Now even lower tiered matches play like some of the slower T7ish (mid) ones.

Many people seem to get caught up "waiting" for this end game to arrive so they can spring into action and win it for their team these days, and sadly it's not working. Stay alive is important, but you still have to work towards something to stay alive for

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,454 posts
19,913 battles
18 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

You still need to "work" while you "wait" for the end game. I've been playing a lot less, and took a break, it's just a super busy time of year for me. Upon playing some return matches I see that there seems to be an overall "slowdown" to match pace, this is more evident/noticed in the lower tiers which used to be pretty brawly, so it's much easier to realise the change. Now even lower tiered matches play like some of the slower T7ish (mid) ones.

Many people seem to get caught up "waiting" for this end game to arrive so they can spring into action and win it for their team these days, and sadly it's not working. Stay alive is important, but you still have to work towards something to stay alive for

Absolutely! Don't do nothing. You have to engage the enemy. Harassment, whether by guns or torps, is important to keep red off balance. Even if you miss, your unsuspected presence can make red turn and show a broadside to friendlies.

Have to keep the pace up! Slow, crawling matches are no fun, anyway. And neither are derpy, yolo matches.

Edited by Khafni

Members
9,915 posts
13,288 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

1 hour ago, Khafni said:

Absolutely! Don't do nothing. You have to engage the enemy. Harassment, whether by guns or torps, is important to keep red off balance. Even if you miss, your unsuspected presence can make red turn and show a broadside to friendlies.

Have to keep the pace up! Slow, crawling matches are no fun, anyway. And neither are derpy, yolo matches.

ALL THIS...

Sometimes just staying around for the end, means staying around for the epic win

Spoiler

KjLpFBt.jpg

and no smoke... torp reload boost works like a charm

Edited by pmgaudio

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

If you are rushing the cap right off the bat in the first 2 minutes of the game in a destroyer then you are doing something wrong.

[HELLS]
Members
2,568 posts
25,487 battles

I use torps for area denial if I can't cap early. This works really at the start if you cannot push a cap due to opposition, especially in T7 and up DDs. They tend to turn and run. The aggresive ones expose themselves to your guns by pushing. Every once in a while a blind torp connects, but I tend to aim at the closest clear target to force the turn away. If there is a group of ships supporting each other then smoke may be useful but I try and hold off as long as possible before I use it, and leave myself an out route if I pop it. Smoke is a torp, blind fire and radar magnet and you need someone outside your smoke to spot for you or it is wasted. You have about 30 seconds of life inside it and can get off several salvoes at any available target, preferrably DDs. Hang on to at least one smoke for endgame attacks, and go hunting. Every damage point you score helps your team. I tend to think that I have done my job if I cap or help cap at least one zone and do double my own ship's hit point value, but sometimes that is not enough. In DDs, as has been pointed out, survival is the key. All my DDs are built for stealth, as are my captains. If you see them before they see you, you are doing your scouting job and can plan how to cap, dish out the damage and best help your team. While I have less than a 1000 games in DDs, I have been doing decently in them of late, so I am playing them more often. They are the toughest ships to master, but pay the greatest rewards.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

Sign in to follow this