You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Oveur

The bots are back. How do we deal with them?

46 comments in this topic

[FUCT]
Modder
91 posts

The bots are back. Not the Co-op ones. Not the ones in Operations. Not the lower level bots, that are used as fillers on the team roster.

The very annoying cheat bots, aimlessly wandering or following another ship from a distance, grinding XP and/or credit. Making winning much harder and ruining the game for both teams. There used to be a place to report them but it's not there any more. I don't know why it was removed, maybe because of misuse or WG improved automatic bot detection.

However, the bots are back and we cannot even report them. It's really tempting to sink them, but I'm not sure the TK detect system is advanced enough to differentiate between that and a real team kill.

What should be done about them? Report them under unsportsmanlike behavior?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
1 hour ago, Capt_Oveur said:

It's really tempting to sink them, but I'm not sure the TK detect system is advanced enough to differentiate between that and a real team kill.

You can get a team kill and turn pink for sinking a :name allied bot in a co-op match. I know, a bot turned 180 degrees and ran right into my torp spread recently. I bet that some WG UI programmer is laughing himself to sleep each night thinking of how many players he's turned pink.  

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles

I saw an enemy Iowa or Missouri bot on the Loop map a couple weeks back that patrolled the bottom line of the map, and rather literally did next to nothing the entire battle.  Come to think of it, it was probably a Missouri, if only because an Iowa that did so little would probably end up losing credits, and then what's the point of a bot that loses credits.  

It's too bad that there wasn't some way to detect bot ships like this.  But honestly, if it's programmed just well enough, it may do enough things to appear to be nothing more than a bad player.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,233 posts
18,432 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

This needs clarity...

No, this needs an enema.

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

If you suspect a ship of being a bot,  Send in a Support Ticket, with Replay to Customer Support.  Don't expect anything to be done as I have reported numerous Team Killers and get the same response.     "We have an Automated Report system"  

I still send them in, just to make someone there Respond, even if it's only a Gnat sized annoyance to them that they have to answer it.   if enough people swarm them, they'll realize their crappy "automated system" is junk.

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[WOLF4]
Members
122 posts
6,502 battles

Just be sure it actually is a bot, and not someone having to answer a door or deal with mini Attila-the-Huns (toddlers), or someone drunk and/or high as a kite, or the potentially hilarious combination of all of those.

• Cool 1

[HSF14]
[HSF14]
Members
47 posts
14,792 battles

mini Attila-the-Huns (toddlers ....I love this !!!!

• Cool 1

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,848 battles
7 hours ago, Capt_Oveur said:

The bots are back. Not the Co-op ones. Not the ones in Operations. Not the lower level bots, that are used as fillers on the team roster.

The very annoying cheat bots, aimlessly wandering or following another ship from a distance, grinding XP and/or credit. Making winning much harder and ruining the game for both teams. There used to be a place to report them but it's not there any more. I don't know why it was removed, maybe because of misuse or WG improved automatic bot detection.

However, the bots are back and we cannot even report them. It's really tempting to sink them, but I'm not sure the TK detect system is advanced enough to differentiate between that and a real team kill.

What should be done about them? Report them under unsportsmanlike behavior?

Do you have proof?

Do you have replay?

have you filed ticket?

if not why not?

if so .. Wows response?

are you trolling?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
12,797 posts
11 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Saturday night, uh-huh. Some people turn into bots due to drugs.

And some people are cylons. 

[HEROS]
Members
1,934 posts
16,628 battles
51 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Saturday night, uh-huh. Some people turn into bots due to drugs.

Nooooo!  Bot's play better!

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Nooooo!  Bot's play better!

That's so true. We, the sunk ones, once told told a BB to turn right to cap and we win. His response: "I'm trying, I'm trying". And the ships that meander at spawn with nothing to shoot, or wander off to the edge of the map. Saturday night, they're in space.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

On a serious note here, I'd really like to see a replay with a ship in it that someone thinks is a bot. I've seen a few ships I wondered might be bots but then realized that the player actually had a plan, albeit a strange one. For instance, I once saw a CV in Sunray in the Darkness drive right through the portal and park on the other side. I wondered if he might be a bot or AFK but it turns out that none of the spawning ships ever shot at him as all were only firing out of the filth at us. He was close enough to quickly rearm and redeploy his planes though.  

[YORHA]
Members
4,796 posts
9,431 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

And some people are cylons. 

And they have a plan...