You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Generalmp44

Would I have to Regrind T9 USN CA when split?

47 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,425 posts
1,665 battles

So I'm getting back into WoWs and I heard about the CA split happen... Sometime.... Whenever. But It got me thinking "Will I have to regrind the for new tier 9 CA when it comes out.?"  Since the Baltimore is dropping down a tier. So I thought I would ask.

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,906 battles

If you are talking about the Buffalo (the replacement for the Balti); if you already have a Des Moines, than no. If you have exp on the Balti, the exp will stay with the tier, not the ship, so whatever is on the Balti will move to the Buffalo, and you'll continue grinding from where you left off.

If you are referring to the Tier 9 light cruiser, than yes, you'll need to grind that to get the Worcester.

Beta Testers
1,425 posts
1,665 battles
10 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

If you are referring to the Tier 9 light cruiser, than yes, you'll need to grind that to get the Worcester.

Yeah, Pretty much set with up to 126K on the Cleveland. :Smile_Default:

11 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

If you are talking about the Buffalo (the replacement for the Balti); if you already have a Des Moines, than no. If you have exp on the Balti, the exp will stay with the tier, not the ship, so whatever is on the Balti will move to the Buffalo, and you'll continue grinding from where you left off.

But just ask, to make sure. So if I have the Balti unlock, bought and have XP. All  of that will transfer over to having the Buffalo unlock, bought and with the same XP of what I have on the Balti ATM?

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles

The experience you have at tier 9 in the USN cruiser line will simply remain there when the line is rearranged.  At least, that's what they did when they changed the IJN destroyer line.  I was about halfway through the old tier 8 version of the Fubuki and after the change my Fubuki had been demoted to tier 6 but I had a new tier 8 Kagero with about 70k exp already on it.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
506 posts
7,486 battles
16 minutes ago, Generalmp44 said:

But just ask, to make sure. So if I have the Balti unlock, bought and have XP. All  of that will transfer over to having the Buffalo unlock, bought and with the same XP of what I have on the Balti ATM?

The 126k exp. on the Cleveland will be left on the Tier 6 replacement (Pensacola) and not maintained on the Cleveland when she moves to T8.  The Cleveland will only have the stock modules.  You will have to grind the research for the upgraded modules. Same with the Baltimore.

This assumes that this split will be similar to the other line splits that have occurred when one ship moves to the other line.

Edited by DanielLeary

[-K-]
Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles
22 minutes ago, Generalmp44 said:

If WG handles this split like they have done in the past, yes, you are correct.  

You keep the Baltimore.  It drops down to tier 8.  You get an 8 or 9 point captain for teh Baltimore free of charge.  You also get the Buffalo, which is the new tier 9 heavy cruiser.  Your old Baltimore captain will be trained on the Buffalo.  Any XP you have accumulated on the Baltimore will transfer to the Buffalo.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, Generalmp44 said:

May not come out to exactly the same depending on weather the module upgrade prices are the same or not...so if your mods are all bought & paid for & the Buffalo's mods are more(or less)expensive you'll get the mods upgraded but may have less(or more...respectively...I don't know 1 way or the other)leftover extra XP towards the T10.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[GWG]
Members
6,722 posts
12,789 battles

We have two splits that we reference to:  The IJN DD Split, and the RU DD Split.

Based on the different ways they handled captain transfers, camo transfers, and elite status, I have no real reference.

Expect surprises...  some good, some bad.

Since the objective of WOWS is to create adventure, It is within their power to refund all credits, FXP, and EXP on those lines...   and give both lines to us completely blank.

...  now that would be interesting...  Good part is that there wouldn't be as much complaining.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles
8 hours ago, Generalmp44 said:

That XP will be transferred to the Pensacola.  When the split happens you will get a fully upgraded and researched Pensacola with 126k XP sitting on it, and you will also get a fully stock Cleveland with 0 XP on it.  You will have to completely regrind the Cleveland in order to get the Seattle.  

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
53 minutes ago, yashma said:

That XP will be transferred to the Pensacola.  When the split happens you will get a fully upgraded and researched Pensacola with 126k XP sitting on it, and you will also get a fully stock Cleveland with 0 XP on it.  You will have to completely regrind the Cleveland in order to get the Seattle.  

Which even with buffs is likely to be absolute hell. Because cleveland gun arcs at T8 :(.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles
13 minutes ago, Carl said:

Which even with buffs is likely to be absolute hell. Because cleveland gun arcs at T8 :(.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I've managed to save up nearly 600k Free XP the past few months, and while I am eagerly awaiting news on the Musashi....part of me is super tempted to just free XP the new cruiser line after the split happens.  I've already ground through the Cleveland, and even if it is technically a new ship, I just don't like having to regrind ships I have already fully upgraded.

*But it's still so early, and I'm just going to wait for the CC reviews.  Who knows, the new Tier 8 Cleveland could be as fantastic as the fabled Cleveland of old.

Edited by yashma

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

Musashi is likely to be here before the split IMO. it was announced first.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

p.s i'm looking forward to LWM's angry youtuber review :P. Though keeping an eye on stuntman's sea trials videos now he's a CC should be worthwhile too.

Members
175 posts
5,625 battles

So what will happen to all my upgrades and XP on the Cleveland?

I already have all of the cruisers above the Cleveland in the CL line.  There will be nothing to move them to.

Members
175 posts
5,625 battles

So my Tier 6 Pensacola will have double upgrades?  Wow, that will be cool.

Or are they going to give me the Dallas in the CA line?

Edited by Rear_Admiral_Crispy

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,793 battles
10 hours ago, Generalmp44 said:

That 126k will move to the T6 Pensacola, not the T8 Cleveland. 

As to the second question, yes. You'll get the T8 Baltimore, and the T9 Buffalo, with the XP and progress from your Baltimore. If you have the permanent camo for the Baltimore, you will also get that on both T8 Baltimore and T9 Buffalo. 

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,793 battles
36 minutes ago, Rear_Admiral_Crispy said:

So what will happen to all my upgrades and XP on the Cleveland?

I already have all of the cruisers above the Cleveland in the CL line.  There will be nothing to move them to.

It will move to T6 Pensacola. 

Members
175 posts
5,625 battles
7 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

It will move to T6 Pensacola. 

XP, okay, I agree, but I already have T7 Pensacola with all modules and upgrades.

Edited by Rear_Admiral_Crispy

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

That just means it will be convertible XP.

Members
175 posts
5,625 battles

Ugh, let's get off of the XP for a minute.

Someone said my fully loaded T6 Cleveland would be converted to a bone stock T8 Cleveland.  

Full stop.  Let that sink in.

Okay, so where did my upgrades and modules go?

They can't go on my new T6 Pensacola because my T7 Pensacola is already fully loaded.

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,906 battles
11 hours ago, Generalmp44 said:

For the Baltimore yes. For the exp on the cleveland, that exp will stay at tier 6 with whatever the new tier 6 light cruiser is, or to the tier 6 Pensacola. The exp won't stay with the Cleveland. 

Edited by _Fantomex_

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
1 minute ago, Rear_Admiral_Crispy said:

Ugh, let's get off of the XP for a minute.

Someone said my fully loaded T6 Cleveland would be converted to a bone stock T8 Cleveland.  

Full stop.  Let that sink in.

Okay, so where did my upgrades and modules go?

They can't go on my new T6 Pensacola because my T7 Pensacola is already fully loaded.

Your existing cleveland upgrades are replaced with new pepsi upgrades, your old pepsi upgrades will be replaced with new NO upgrades, and so on and so forth.

• Cool 1

Members
175 posts
5,625 battles

No, that doesn't make sense.

One might outfit the cruisers differently.  No way are they going to put my Cleveland configuration on my new downtiered Pensacola.