Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

What is with all the Teamkillers lately???

22 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Twice in the last week, I've been targeted by pinkies.  

In my last game, some lack-wit killed two of us.   The moron was already pink, too.  Gee, I wonder why...

What the actual f???  I haven't seen this many pinkies, or this many team kills in months at least.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Bored Children.... Take solace in the fact Pinks who kill will eventually get the Ban Hammer. Although you as a victim of this abuse will never learn the fate of such animals.{Privacy Rules}

• Cool 1

Members
1,369 posts
16,671 battles

I've noticed that also. In the last month I've taken intentional shots from "teammates" a couple of times. Before that it must have been half a year since something similar happened. It seems that WoWS might be slipping in the TKing enforcement department. That's the only thing I can think of why they had it under control for a while but it's gotten bad again.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
24 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I've noticed that also. In the last month I've taken intentional shots from "teammates" a couple of times. 

I was in a game recently when a teammate suddenly said "what the <frog>!?" in chat. The guy who shot him said "I'm really sorry, I was just looking at your ship and clicked the mouse button." That was an honest mistake. However, in another game we had a "teammate" who started off the game throwing racial and national slurs at everyone then proceeded to go around shooting at the team. He was already pink so the damage was reflected but he caused considerable damage to the team, including me, before he sank. He got me with HE and started three fires just after I'd repaired a fire so I was darn lucky I didn't sink myself. I wonder if WG has something programmed in reference to team damage from pink players because, after he sank, the three fires only burned for a few seconds then went out.   

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,369 posts
16,671 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I was in a game recently when a teammate suddenly said "what the <frog>!?" in chat. The guy who shot him said "I'm really sorry, I was just looking at your ship and clicked the mouse button." That was an honest mistake. However, in another game we had a "teammate" who started off the game throwing racial and national slurs at everyone then proceeded to go around shooting at the team. He was already pink so the damage was reflected but he caused considerable damage to the team, including me, before he sank. He got me with HE and started three fires just after I'd repaired a fire so I was darn lucky I didn't sink myself. I wonder if WG has something programmed in reference to team damage from pink players because the three fires only burned for a few seconds then went out.   

Well yea, accidents happen all the time. I stop thinking about them 30 seconds after they happen. It's the intentional TKing  attempts often times by players already pink that tend to stick in your mind. So after months of not seeing it happen it is very noticeable that the TKing is on the upswing again for some unknown reason.

Members
100 posts
2,505 battles

It’s just a large upswing in new DD players triggered by the release of the PA DD line and the multitude of missions that encourage DD play. A lot more inexperienced people are sailing into battle in a DD who haven’t mastered the trigger discipline you need with torpedoes. The most common team killers are crappy players anyway, so if they’ve been grinding DDs like everyone else than the odds they are already pink when they decide to intentionally teamkill are higher.

Members
4,415 posts
18,005 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Bored Children.... Take solace in the fact Pinks who kill will eventually get the Ban Hammer. Although you as a victim of this abuse will never learn the fate of such animals.{Privacy Rules}

IMHO, WG should inform the WoWs community of bans. Otherwise, how do we know that problem children have actually been delt with?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

IMHO, WG should inform the WoWs community of bans. Otherwise, how do we know that problem children have actually been delt with?

They can't Privacy laws are written in no uncertain terms.Even the name and shame policy is so restrictive and can you banned from here. All in the name of Privacy.

[TBW]
Members
9,825 posts
16,590 battles

X New Players + Y are there so Many DD's = Team Kills

In Algebra, you always reduce to the lowest common denominators, If my math is right, it could be this.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,797 battles

Not seeing so much intentional team killers towards others on a team, but I am seeing an upswing of those in a Division causing damage to each other and killing each other.

[PVE]
Members
5,017 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

X New Players + Y are there so Many DD's = Team Kills

I think you got the right common denominators but rather than (X+Y) I think it's (X times Y)/or just (XY) if you will.

[4HIM]
Members
2,911 posts
11,290 battles

Seen a LOT of pink players lately.  Only two TK's recently.  One began apologizing in chat right after it happened.  The other, as soon as the game started you could tell pinky was gonna go for a TK.  Pink DD started sailing in circles, first shooting at the water, then at other players.  I just got as much separation as I could before Pinky launched torps.  Both happened within the last week. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
6 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I've noticed that also. In the last month I've taken intentional shots from "teammates" a couple of times. Before that it must have been half a year since something similar happened. It seems that WoWS might be slipping in the TKing enforcement department. That's the only thing I can think of why they had it under control for a while but it's gotten bad again.

Steam release. I got torped in my Shima by a "friendly" Ibuki last night trying to cap. No warning. No apology. Potato continued to potate. He was basically just sitting outside a cap and spamming torps in to it while I was trying to kick the red z23 out from behind a rock.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
12,997 battles

Anytime there is a Combat Mission or Challenge that requires:

1. Torpedo Damage and/or

2. Flooding damage,

THERE WILL BE A SPIKE TEAM KILLS.  

Players that don't normally DD or CV will be out there to get the PRIZE!

All about the loot my sea faring brothers and sisters and we all gotsta get us some.

Part of life here, embrace it.   

Watched a La La driver of a PA DD drive right into my 10 km torps despite my warning launch broadcast "TORPS OUT"  

This was repeated before the inevitable strike on my hapless, clueless team mate, followed by the inevitable, "Hey Man wth?" 

Sigh, back to low tier co- op for a few....oh well get to dust off some boats I haven't sailed in a while and meet some new pals!!!

Ain't nothing but a thang!

• Cool 1

[CYPHR]
[CYPHR]
Members
131 posts
10,632 battles

new players who came tru steam 

remember at the start of WOW's there was alot of pink cos we exept for the testers where all new to the game

now with the game on steam u get new players that don't know the front form the back of there ships and will have to lurn and that takes a little time

the new pan-asian dd makes a mistake easyer when u play a different dd

as for the event in torping or flooding ships that may be a factor but i dont think that long time players make alot of those mistakes sure old players turn pink to from time to tiime

the nasty pink player is little jonny thats at his game and realy don't care wat he/she sinks and if he/she is pink cos he fond the game on steam of a other way and want to pass some time but has no interest in playing it for long or is just here to troll

Edited by ozzy0

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

The ones I noticed (because they actually were griefers) were all in cruisers.  Last night's idiot was in a Yorck.   Both of them also tried for multiple teamkills.

I'm guessing we're seeing the same sort of people you see in FAIL videos on YouTube doing really stupid things to their "friends", then laughing stupidly.

Some people just need a good hard punch in the junk, I guess...

[HEROS]
Members
1,939 posts
16,638 battles

yea happened to me last night... fortunatly the rest of the team was able to carry like champs as the team killed wanders off and eventually got done in my a german BB on the other team after scoring really zip for damage.. Don't what was up with the guy doing it but it was pretty purpousful, and I've seen his handle before so not the first time... not a new blood.. and running hack of some sort... he was down to 99 HP and apparently went and gained HP some how.. Sending the replay in now..

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Yet another d-bag in a Phoenix launching torps from behind me.  First salvo barely misses my bow, second one was definitely aimed right at my Wyoming, because I ate every last one.   He was so close, our ships were just a single blob on the mini map.

Several other salvos were dangerously close to me.  I'm getting very fed up with these f-ing idiots!

Luckily, the game ended 30 seconds later- as he was about to eat a full broadside of 12" AP...

Another crap day of WOWS thanks to the influx of stupids.   Game shut down in disgust, and my wallet slammed shut on a purchase I'd planned on making today.

Members
77 posts
2,666 battles

I've seen a couple of players tk their way out of a match they didn't want to play not realizing that there are easier way to get out of a match.

Sign in to follow this