Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

Better skill for the Des Moines?

16 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,627 posts
10,542 battles

So I'm about to get my seventeenth skill point on my des moines and I'm not sure if Demolition Expert would be better or Superintendent for more AA/hydro, radar and repairs. I had been leaning towards the latter for a while but I wanted a second opinion first.

Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

Both are fine, I think that premium consumables are good enough without Superintendent though so I took DE, even though I use AP against basically every target in my Des Moines.

[TBW]
Members
9,822 posts
16,571 battles

I just thought about how many times do I really use the extra repairs and consumables. Some ships I do, some I don't, so I get a different skill.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLF3]
Members
25,238 posts
22,261 battles

I use Radar a lot on my DM so SI was much more important.  My playstyle however often features me getting my DM into position to help the team with consumables.  Damage is secondary.

Besides, DM has rate of fire to make up for the 2% of fire chance you "lost" by not taking DE.

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

IMO, I would get better use out of Radar overall so leaning towards Superintendent  more so than Demolition Expert

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

AFT or SI would be best, AFT for 7.2km plane death zone and SI for that heal

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,265 battles

This is how I set mine up (with 19pts):

Capture.JPG

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

I would go for Superintendent on the basis that your heal and radar feels lightning quick if you are also running the premium consumables

[AAA]
Members
1,117 posts
12,392 battles
On 1/9/2018 at 9:39 AM, Ace_04 said:

This is how I set mine up (with 19pts):

Capture.JPG

Why not btf instead of de? 

Honest question not being a jerk. 

DM is right around the corner for me so I’m tjinking how I will set her up. 

My thought was faster reload on AA and secondaries over 2 or 3% increase in starting fires. With the DM rate of fire he should start plenty. 

Interested in your thoughts. 

[-K_P-]
Members
545 posts
3,660 battles
On 12/9/2017 at 8:07 PM, Zaydin said:

So I'm about to get my seventeenth skill point on my des moines and I'm not sure if Demolition Expert would be better or Superintendent for more AA/hydro, radar and repairs. I had been leaning towards the latter for a while but I wanted a second opinion first.

I far prefer the SI skill, as the extra heal is frequently the difference between life and death

[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,097 battles

I would highly recommend both

Since you have reached your 17th point you would not be able to take both even when reaching 19 points, thus I would highly suggest a respec

The optimal DM captain build order is PT -> EM -> SI -> CE -> AR -> DE -> SE -> PM

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,265 battles
7 hours ago, wstugamd said:

Why not btf instead of de? 

Honest question not being a jerk. 

DM is right around the corner for me so I’m tjinking how I will set her up. 

My thought was faster reload on AA and secondaries over 2 or 3% increase in starting fires. With the DM rate of fire he should start plenty. 

Interested in your thoughts. 

I chose DE over BFT because I feel Des Moines already has a good enough rate of fire, and her AA is already stacked with AFT.  For me, the benefits of the extra fire chance outweigh a slightly better reload over the full duration of a match.

But really, you're not going to go wrong with either choice.

[AAA]
Members
1,117 posts
12,392 battles
8 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I chose DE over BFT because I feel Des Moines already has a good enough rate of fire, and her AA is already stacked with AFT.  For me, the benefits of the extra fire chance outweigh a slightly better reload over the full duration of a match.

But really, you're not going to go wrong with either choice.

Thank you

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I'm planning Ace's build, but have Vig rather than DE as my second tier 3 skill, on grounds of the consequences of a lot of close cap support.

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,265 battles
14 hours ago, Lillehuntrix said:

I'm planning Ace's build, but have Vig rather than DE as my second tier 3 skill, on grounds of the consequences of a lot of close cap support.

Not a bad plan, but I didn't see the value in vigilance if I was supporting DD's in caps, as they'd typically spot the torpedoes first anyway.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Not a bad plan, but I didn't see the value in vigilance if I was supporting DD's in caps, as they'd typically spot the torpedoes first anyway.

I'd suspect you're better at dodging torpedoes than I am.  (And I don't run hydro on DM, because I fantasize that some day a Shokaku is going to fly three full strikes over me and I'll finally get a Clear Sky.)

Sign in to follow this