You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

It is near criminal we don’t have a British DD line

60 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,214 battles

At this point in time tiers 2-7 could easily be pulled from other lines and 8-10 could be added later.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Given the amount of time which passed from the game's launch to the inclusion of British battleships, I wouldn't be expecting destroyers from them any time soon, sans the odd commonwealth premium Tribal class. (Please WG? *Insert puppy dog eyes here*) 

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
9,000 posts
4,940 battles

It's been noted that about 6 months is taken to do one single ship. However, we can establish that the British DDs may have guns like the US', with good HE but bad AP, single launch (duh), and good handling.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
8 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

At this point in time tiers 2-7 could easily be pulled from other lines and 8-10 could be added later.

How many times do people have to say that it takes a LOT of time to produce all 9 ships (not counting the tier 1 ship) in a new line, as well as, be patient?

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,214 battles
1 minute ago, Unabletony said:

It's been noted that about 6 months is taken to do one single ship. However, we can establish that the British DDs may have guns like the US', with good HE but bad AP, single launch (duh), and good handling.

Like I said it should really take that long with six hulls already done they just need some tweaking.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,214 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

How many times do people have to say that it takes a LOT of time to produce all 9 ships (not counting the tier 1 ship) in a new line, as well as, be patient?

It would if they weren’t already in the game under other nations.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,401 posts
10,953 battles

cmJUiya.jpg

Well said Master Yoda

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,892 battles
10 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Like I said it should really take that long with six hulls already done they just need some tweaking.

Which 6 hulls are you referring to?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles
9 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

It would if they weren’t already in the game under other nations.

Well, let's count. 

1. T3, Phra Ruang, PA line. 

2. T3, Vampire, Commonwealth.

3. T5, Jianwei, PA line.

4. T6, Gallant, British line.

5. T7, Gadjah Mada, PA line. 

You have four ships to start with, if you start the British DD line with copies of ships already in the game. 

Given that I don't think WG likes doing that too much (something something variety), we're looking at maybe 2~3 of those being introduced under the RN ensign. That still leaves 6~7 ships to complete, and modeling each individual ship takes quite a while. 

I wouldn't expect an RN DD line for at least the next 3 or 4 months.   

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
4 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Well, let's count. 

3. T5, Jianwei, PA line.

You have four ships to start with, if you start the British DD line with copies of ships already in the game. 

Given that I don't think WG likes doing that too much (something something variety), we're looking at maybe 2~3 of those being introduced under the RN ensign. That still leaves 6~7 ships to complete, and modeling each individual ship takes quite a while. 

I wouldn't expect an RN DD line for at least the next 3 or 4 months.   

What about the T5 DD that was part of the Dunkirk mission?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

It's not listed in the wiki, and I can hardly remember it. It's a contender, seeing as the ship is fully modeled. But, well, it doesn't have much presence, does it? Completely slipped my mind.  

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,892 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Was only for the event.

6 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

3. T5, Jianwei, PA line.

Expounding upon this.

Phra Ruang, R-class DD, perhaps one of her sisters, or a similar class as a T3.

Vampire, V-class DD, again, possible T3 or similar class.

Jian Wei, British design. Likely not to make it in as a line ship as the Brits have plenty of ships to fill the void.

Gallant, G-class DD, T6, so a possible sister or similar class in here.

Gadjah Mad, N-class DD, excellent example of how a Tribal/Haida could fit in game.

It's gonna be interesting to see how they will be put into the game. 

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,892 battles
20 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

It's not listed in the wiki, and I can hardly remember it. It's a contender, seeing as the ship is fully modeled. But, well, it doesn't have much presence, does it? Completely slipped my mind.  

It was the Anthony, an A-class DD almost identical to Gallant. Only differences were the lack of smoke, DF AA on the ship, and terrible AA.

It was only for the event, and I don't think it was planned to be added

Members
2,637 posts
7,903 battles

one must also remember the reluctance of the British Admiralty to give up detailed plans and schematics of their ship designs, put together with the very large abundance of different classes, hulls and configs the British had with their destroyers (over 30+ classes between 1900 and the Daring class of 1949 being built) and it will take WG time to decide what ships will make the low to mid of the line (of course Daring will be tier 10, the Battles probably Tier 9, Weapon Class at 8 and Tribals or the "C" class (1943) at 7).

the Royal Navy will have their destroyer line.... but patience is key.

[REVY]
Members
6,454 posts
5,168 battles
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

It is near criminal we don’t have a British DD line

HEADS WILL ROLL!  No matter how high the body count, nothing will stand in the way of our benevolence!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,502 posts
14,121 battles

Those saying to have patience because ship lines take time are correct. I think they overstate the time requirements for the smaller, less complex DD's - WG did Cyclone and Anthony just for a mission which ran for a few weeks.

However, the problem isn't in the time - it's in the priorities. For whatever reasons WG have not prioritized RN DD. They have the material, and have had it for a significant time now (since before March 2016 at least) they have been able to release RN cruisers (Oct 16) and Battleships (Oct 17) but in the meantime they've released KM DD, MN CA, a RU DD split and PA DD, the next line will be MN BB. German DD, French Cruisers or French Battleships could have been substituted out for RN DD.

For whatever reason WG think that either German lines will be more popular, or that the French deserve a second line before the British get a third, or that the lucrative nature of the Asian market makes PA DD a priority, or that churning out lots of prems for money is neccesary, or all and none of the above - and they've gone with the sequence they have.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,089 posts
6,757 battles

As last Nvg as they keep pushing out lines I do not care. We already have 2 British lines. French BB soon and USN CA/CL line split. As well as Roma on the horizon. Just calm down.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Better get used to it. WG's priorities are clearly elsewhere. They've delayed RN ships before in favor of other lines, so don't be surprised if they do it again.

14 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

but patience is key.

Tell that to those who are still waiting for Italian tanks.

10 minutes ago, mofton said:

I think they overstate the time requirements for the smaller, less complex DD's - WG did Cyclone and Anthony just for a mission which ran for a few weeks.

I think that was only because they were paid by the studio to promote the movie Dunkirk. Otherwise WG would never have done it, the same way they neglected the Jutland centenary.

12 minutes ago, mofton said:

German DD, French Cruisers or French Battleships could have been substituted out for RN DD.

Or Soviet DD or CL lines.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
2 hours ago, Wolcott said:

I think that was only because they were paid by the studio to promote the movie Dunkirk. Otherwise WG would never have done it, the same way they neglected the Jutland centenary.

While this may be a little off topic for this thread, it was annoying that they ignored this.  I mean, this is a WARSHIPS game.  And what's the most famous fleet battle in modern naval history?  Jutland.

Seriously, given how many other battles they honor with a minor weekend or weekday event, how could they have ignored Jutland?  Maybe it's just me, but I'd think that Jutland should be a bit of a "red letter" day on the WoWS event calendar.  I'd think that it could be worth of even one of those more involved missions, perhaps centered on another "collection".

Members
4,302 posts

There is no reasoning behind the absence (so far) of British dds and cvs in WOWS, arguments of "have patience" are condescending nonsense, arguments "but it takes time..." again nonsense, as the OP points out, the hulls of 7/10 dds are already in game. The only explanation is money, and a lack of player demand/interest. Everyone who would like a semblance of respect for history, would agree, their absence is fairly scandalous (certainly not criminal though!) I suspect WG is aware of a certain failing, which they try to compensate for with their educational videos.

Way back in the very early days of WOWS, the hard work behind making pixel bootes was very time consuming, but now 3rd party sub contractors have work flows established, it is much quicker and easier to produce satisfactory models. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
10 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

There is no reasoning behind the absence (so far) of British dds and cvs in WOWS, arguments of "have patience are condescending [edited], arguments "but it takes time..." again [edited], as the OP points out, the hulls of 7/10 dds are already in game. The only explanation is money, and a lack of player demand/interest. Everyone who would like a semblance of respect for history, would agree, their absence is fairly scandalous (certainly not criminal though!) I suspect WG is aware of a certain failing, which they try to compensate for with their educational videos.

Way back in the very early days of WOWS, the hard work behind making pixel bootes was very time consuming, but now 3rd party sub contractors have work flows established, it is much quicker and easier to produce satisfactory models. 

Oh, cut it out.  It is NOT condescending anything.  WG only released a certain number of new lines per year.  Are you going to say that they should do RN DD's before French BBs or CA's?   Or the PA DDs?  (Well, maybe the PA DD's, but we all know that that line was a marketing thing to play up to the SEA server.)  Or maybe before the US CA/CL line split?

And just because they sub contract out the models for new ships doesn't mean that they have an unlimited budget to do so.  Also, even if they had the money to do so, WG may not want to do too many new lines all at once because they may want to stretch out their new ship content out over a period of time to keep up interest in the game.  After all, if they released the entire RN, French, and Italian navies this Christmas (if they could do so), they'd just have people hitting them up in a few months for the next new line.  I personally think that they're smart to stretch out their new content releases over a longer period of time, both for quality reasons, but also so that they can have a steady stream of new content for a few years.

So anyways, other than the PA DD's, what new line would you be willing to see pushed back to get the RN DD's sooner?  Not that it would happen, mind you.  But just for argument's sake...

Members
4,302 posts
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

[...]

So anyways, other than the PA DD's, what new line would you be willing to see pushed back to get the RN DD's sooner?  Not that it would happen, mind you.  But just for argument's sake...

Why push back any lines? Those that are already (French BBs for example) in the pipeline, can be introduced without delay. I'd rather more tech trees than OP gimmicky premiums, (soon to be released DoY for example). Also, your question is typical of those that seek to divide opinion, with a tacky piece of rhetoric along the lines of "you can have either German or British warships, choose one." So old...

9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh, cut it out.  It is NOT condescending anything. 

You are telling me to cut it out? Stop telling others to be "patient", and stop whiteknighting WG with such nonsense claims that modelling warships takes a long time (it did, back in 2012, when workflows and resources were much more limited, but it takes much less time today, in 2017/18). Everytime you or another says "be patient" you are condescending, rather than informing with constructive opinion.:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
3 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Why push back any lines? Those that are already (French BBs for example) in the pipeline, can be introduced without delay. I'd rather more tech trees than OP gimmicky premiums, (soon to be released DoY for example). 

You are telling me to cut it out? Stop telling others to be "patient", and stop whiteknighting WG with such nonsense claims that modelling warships takes a long time (it did, back in 2012, when workflows and resources were much more limited, but it takes much less time today, in 2017/18). Everytime you or antoher says "be patient" you are condescending, rather than informing with constructive opinion.:Smile_glasses:

That's complete and utter BULL CRAP!!!

You're just impatient and you don't want to stop being impatient.  Grow the bleep up!!!

Edited by Crucis
  • Meh 1