You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JBR40

Missouri Over Pens

3 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
204 posts
8,665 battles

Hi, I just recently picked up the USS Missouri and have about 50+ games in her. I am having a heck of a time doing damage. I shoot, rounds look great going in on target and nothing. Just shatters, and over pen after over pen after over pen. It gets maddening at times. Its not like I am not hitting, I am but for low damage. I even had other players that I hit say " I thought I was dead, but just over pens" Then they proceed to knock the crap out of me. Every so often I will get a pen, an once in a blue moon I will get a citadel on someone. I shoot at the water line under front turrets on most ships, German ones at the deck line, always the same low damage. I sort of of feel I wasted all my free XP on this. This is my first tier nine ship so most likely the problem is me and RNG. I am beginning to think  should just HE spam with her. I sort of do not want to bring her out anymore because I hurt my team with such low damage.  Maybe she is just not meant for me, but really would like to get good with her.  Any tips will be greatly appreciated.   

Thanks in advance, John

Members
321 posts
2,735 battles

If you overpen aim center mass at the waterline or just slightly above. One of the best spots to hit a ship is in the stern do to lower armor but also it would have to go through the entire length of their ship to overpen which just wont happen youll basically get a regular pen every hit.

• Cool 1

Members
160 posts
1,498 battles

Similar to what Manon said, aim for center mass and at the waterline if they're broadside to you, you'll get a lot of regular pens and even good citadels if your dispersion allows it. when the target is bow in on you, aim for their gun turrets so you can try to knock those out

• Cool 1