Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
broats

USS Alaska CB-1

12 comments in this topic

[BROAT]
Members
69 posts

Has Wargaming made any mention of making this broat a premium option? As an Alaskan with a lot of state pride I would love to see it in game.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,880 battles

There has been no mention of it, however it is known by the devs that we want it. So, soon™.

[BROAT]
Members
69 posts
14 minutes ago, manon45 said:

Isnt it a battleship/battlecruiser?

By the definition of the game yes, however the classification given to it by the USN is "Large Cruiser"

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,513 battles

8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

it is known by the devs that we want it. So, soon™.

The devs knowing we want it is no guarantee for the ship coming at all, let alone 'soon'.

• Cool 1

Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles
2 minutes ago, broats said:

By the definition of the game yes, however the classification given to it by the USN is "Large Cruiser"

Either tier 7-8 battleship with nerfed AA or tier 10 cruiser with... something to make it cruiser-ish. Other then just looking like a supersized one anyway.

Edited by warpath_33

[BROAT]
Members
69 posts
3 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Either tier 7-8 battleship with nerfed AA or tier 10 cruiser with... something to make it cruiser-ish. Other then just looking like a supersized one anyway.

Either way I'd be getting me one.

[DEV_X]
Members
57 posts
20,402 battles

This is the one ship I want to see in the game the most. And IMHO it should be a t10 cruiser put in any other slot they would have to buff it to shoehorn it in. IMHO It should be a little bit overpowered in the cruiser tree, it was the last best, deadliest cruiser killer ever built. Look at the conqueror, graff spee, Yamato, or he kahb, some say they r overpowered but I think they are working out nicley in the game. People will get used it and it was designated by the US as a large cruiser and that's exactly what it was, the largest most dangerous cruiser ever built by the US, or by any other nation if my info is correct. So let's just accept the Alaska class as what she was and not whine about it or where it fits or that it's overpowered in this slot underpowered in this one. Alaska was the pinicle of US cruiser design that was ever built. No other nation built anything similar, even if Russia built the Moskva I think the Alaska would have trounced it IMHO. The Alaska can be placed nowhere but at the top of the US cruiser tree. I'm sure other countries have similar paper designs however this one was actually built and deployed, fought in conflict,  men actually served, ran and walked her decks so let's just except the Alaska as a large cruiser at the top of the tree and honor her and those who served on her by not altering her specs and trying to shoehorn into something she is not. That's something you do with paper ships and not to actuall historic ships that served in a war. IMHO when they shoehorn a ship in they completely ruin it and diminish the games aspect on reality and historical fact.

Edited by HellSpeak

[RO-I]
Members
108 posts
8,598 battles

Do not make is some sort of premium or reward ship.

I would propose making it a third tier 10 Cruiser that you have to earn after you have obtained the Des Moines and the Worcester.  Give all of us a chance to earn it.

As it would be a bit hard to get, leave it a bit over-powered; we cruiser players deserve a perk!!

Edited by 0658

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Uhg, please not another Alaska thread.

• Boring 1

[POI--]
Members
190 posts
2,108 battles
On 11/12/2017 at 5:46 AM, HellSpeak said:

IMHO It should be a little bit overpowered in the cruiser tree, it was the last best, deadliest cruiser killer ever built.

It was not a cruiser. It was a battlecruiser true and through - fast speed, punchy guns, little armor. The USN going out of its way to imply it wasn't does little to change this fact.

T7 battleship, in my opinion - sadly, WG seems to disagree.

Sign in to follow this