Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Bad day...until....

9 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,596 posts
17,309 battles

Four straight games of disaster after disaster.  My forth game sums it up.  First glitch is I notice we're up against an OPG mate.  But it's only one, so manageable.  Then the game starts, and one of our DDs TKs our Fiji, and then dies before doing much of anything else (not sure how much was reflected damage).  And it just went downhill from there.

Spoiler

bad2.thumb.jpg.2bae3d49e651aa42feec9a441e4552f9.jpg

bad1.thumb.jpg.a32b18feb3260841c449f1d3c178dcd7.jpg

But all was made up by one event in the middle of a fight.  Lined up my Yamato on a cruiser backing up...but there was a mountain in the way.  However, I noticed the mountain icon disappeared as I tracked backwards along the track, and that there was a narrow gap (shown in the pic below).  At the time I fired, I was a spotter plane view, so I actually was able to put the reticle on the track.  I fired a turret.  The rounds split the mountain peaks (field goal style) and rendered a double cit hit devastating strike, leaving the CA captain wondering where they came from considering his flank was covered..well..ALMOST covered.  Just one of those things that you can't plan for...or try to make happen..it just happens in the heat of battle.  Made my day.

Spoiler

good.thumb.jpg.ca8beb47315fe588f3fd4bcf4f990c1a.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
13,489 posts
23,534 battles
9 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Made my day.

Yeah, love those hail mary snap-shots that actually connect...

[WOLF5]
Members
3,559 posts
3,808 battles

Yeah, those snap shots are glorious. Usually it's a quick why-the-hell-not shot, and I'm the most surprised when the citadel, kill and devastrike ribbons come up. Had one just the other day, also on TOD. Snap shot with the forward turrets on the MO at a Nagato as we both went behind mountains. Knocked half his HP off.

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
24 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

Said OPG2 member has been reprimanded for not placing at least in the top 3 on his team.

No no no. Commended. He deserves it. :P

@aether_tech You will lose one day!

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
14 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

No no no. Commended. He deserves it. :P

@aether_tech You will lose one day!

I never lose.

I win by winning, or by doing better than most of my team, and the enemy team.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I hit lot of shots on target behind island.  just getting used to shooting.   but then  after all my matches, I should be able to   :D   

Sign in to follow this