Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
A_FIELD_MARSHAL

When will the Santa Boxes go on sale?

51 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
375 posts
2,783 battles

I am eager to buy some of the Santa Boxes as last year they were great value. If they have the same good value this year I am ready to drop 100 dollars on the boxes. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles

So, any source on there being santa boxes at all this year? In a manner resembling last year?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,774 posts
22,132 battles

As I said in another post, I can not imagine them not doing it this year as well. It really generated tons of excitement amongst the players and had to bring in some cash for Wargaming. I read that they started the crates around the 15th last year and it was extended until the second week in January because of the popularity of it. 

I would caution about jumping right in buying them until some feedback in the forums shows up. If they work the same way as they did last year that would be great but there is no guarantee that they will. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
14 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

As I said in another post, I can not imagine them not doing it this year as well

After the recent rulings of lootboxes == gambling, I can see them not doing them. They were awesome, but WG is beholden to the law as much as anyone else.

• Cool 4

[RCNW3]
Members
1,903 posts
17,912 battles

don't hold you breath that they will be as good as last year - think they will be offered, but will focus more on free exp, flags and camo.  

Beta Testers
1,425 posts
1,665 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

After the recent rulings of lootboxes == gambling, I can see them not doing them. They were awesome, but WG is beholden to the law as much as anyone else.

I heard Europe and the Stats where doing a case on them. Which one or both agreed that lootboxes mean gambling?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
1 minute ago, Generalmp44 said:

Which one or both agreed that lootboxes mean gambling?

Doesn't matter. If WG sells them they'll sell them world wide across all servers.

Look, I'm hoping they'll sell them. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if they don't.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,774 posts
22,132 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

I hadn't realized they had a ruling on that Star Wars case. Ok well if they have a law against it in Europe then it is probably dead. Shame. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,480 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Doesn't matter. If WG sells them they'll sell them world wide across all servers.

Look, I'm hoping they'll sell them. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if they don't.

Closest thing we have to a hint is on the PTS...

7N5UmnP.jpg

Couple that with the fact that the reward crates for the PTS North Cape campaign look suspiciously like an updated Santa crate I have some small hope.

[X-PN]
Members
9,128 posts
10,602 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

I find it likely that they will. What they offer in those crates isn't game changing, such as what EA was, is, doing. What they offer can, to a degree, enhance the game for a player, but that's it. More, you get, honestly, more value than what you're paying, at least I did last year.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,425 posts
1,665 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oh Lert, I wasn't here for the first time. (forget what I was doing at the time.) So I don't know what the sale was like. Was more curious on if you had a link of to see if the Gov's did anything. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
5 minutes ago, Generalmp44 said:

Was more curious on if you had a link of to see if the Gov's did anything. 

Sorry, no. It was posted all over the forum though. A google search might yield some information as well.

Me, I'm gonna wait and see.

As for the christmas boxes sale; it was actually quite good. There were three types of christmas box, IIRC for 1 dollar, 3 dollar and 5 dollar a piece. They guaranteed a drop of equal or higher value, but you never knew what came. Doubloons, flags, camouflages, credits, ships. The more expensive the crate, the more chance of a ship. I got Atlanta, Lo Yang, Saipan and Kutuzov from my boxes last year.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,583 posts
3,808 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Closest thing we have to a hint is on the PTS...

7N5UmnP.jpg

Couple that with the fact that the reward crates for the PTS North Cape campaign look suspiciously like an updated Santa crate I have some small hope.

I saw that too, didn't bother to wait for the link to load to see where it went.

The Santa Crates were/are ridiculously popular. They aren't illegal here in the states, so I'm guessing we get something, even if it's not the same as last year. Remember, the boxes contain at least the value you paid, so that may get around things.

I have a decent number of credit card points collected this year. Usually treat myself to something with them, so if the Santa crates are like last year, I'll definitely get some. Going out of the country over the holidays, so probably miss whatever campaigns are going on, but should be able to get some crates.

Beta Testers
803 posts
4,855 battles

Since it does appear from the PT that they will be doing them, I'll be interested to know if they offer The Gremyashchy and Nikolai again this year, that's how i finally got my 9 Nikolai, and the 8 10 point captain from the copies lol. maybe i can get a few of the premiums i missed since all I'm missing are the Kii, Gallant, and whats for sale right now (which i might buy anyway). I need some 10 point American captains now lol

Members
3,725 posts

To combine opinions from different posts.

Yes there will be something like Santa Crates.

Legally it is different because it doesn't effect progression.

The value is better than you would get from buying the items from the premiums shop.  (Not sure this is true if you have bad luck.)

The supposition on Santa Crates is based on a hint from a current WoWS tanking contest.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Legally it is different because it doesn't effect progression.

Well, here's hoping.

• Cool 1

[90THD]
Members
151 posts
16,382 battles

How could Santa Crates be considered gambling while paying for a chance to score cash on fantasy sports sites like DraftKings and FanDuel is perfectly fine?

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,480 battles
14 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I saw that too, didn't bother to wait for the link to load to see where it went.

Link is inoperative on the PTS.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
4 minutes ago, EvelAye said:

How could Santa Crates be considered gambling while paying for a chance to score cash on fantasy sports sites like DraftKings and FanDuel is perfectly fine?

Because those websites have a gambling license?

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,674 posts
7,770 battles

I wouldn’t hold my breath for anything like last year’s Santa crates to return.

[JMMAF]
Members
1,958 posts
6,632 battles

so, does anybody know yet? it's been over 15 minutes since anybody asked or responded. I got a flag for buying santa crates last year.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
135 battles
17 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

so, does anybody know yet? it's been over 15 minutes since anybody asked or responded. I got a flag for buying santa crates last year.

Well no. Anybody that knows 100% what's happening this year would most likely be under a NDA so couldn't say anyway :/

If I were a betting man tho, I'd put my money on the 21st when 0.6.15 is due to drop

Members
239 posts
9,002 battles

Judging from the Halloween crates I can tell at least they won’t be offering the “guaranteed no duplicate ship” again

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
796 posts
3,419 battles
6 minutes ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:

Judging from the Halloween crates I can tell at least they won’t be offering the “guaranteed no duplicate ship” again

Duplicate ships will = gold so I'm ok with this

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this