You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ricky_Racer

Cleveland in a Tier 5 Battle .. No More

61 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
1,008 battles

I'm in my Texas. Full salvo to a Cleveland. Every shot hits. Right at the water line. "PING" 1,300 damage.

wth

+2 / -2 needs to go.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles

*sigh*

Range? Angle? Also, Cleveland is T6 so only 1 above Texas.

• Cool 4

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
1,008 battles

Ok... My bad ... then why can't the shells from a Texas not be able to hit it's Cit. I don't even want to shoot at a Cleveland. It's not my aim. I can do a hell of a lot of damage to other tier 6 Crusiers, but only the Cleveland seems immune.

[SYN]
Members
15,695 posts
12,778 battles

oh, your problem is you are aiming at the waterline.

You need to aim slightly below it and under the funnels for Cleveland.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles
Just now, Ricky_Racer said:

then why can't the shells from a Texas not be able to hit it's Cit.

How do you expect us to tell you what happened without at the very least a screenshot of the shells hitting? Many things could've happened from range to angle to aim.

"But I said it wasn't my aim!"

That doesn't mean that it wasn't.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles

Ok... My bad ... then why can't the shells from a Texas not be able to hit it's Cit. I don't even want to shoot at a Cleveland. It's not my aim. I can do a hell of a lot of damage to other tier 6 Crusiers, but only the Cleveland seems immune.

It is not immune. Your aim was off. As Lert asked: what was the engagement range? Was the Cleveland angled? We need more info.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles

Cleveland's citadel:

rSlEqj2.jpg

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
1,008 battles
Just now, Lert said:

How do you expect us to tell you what happened without at the very least a screenshot of the shells hitting? Many things could've happened from range to angle to aim.

"But I said it wasn't my aim!"

That doesn't mean that it wasn't.

So, let me understand. The Cleveland, which is a Cruiser, going up against a Battleship, like my Texas, broadside. 90 degree angle, whether it is being hit with shells from a Battleship at 15 or 5, makes a difference?

Other Cruisers at the same tier get wiped out.

Like I said. Every shell, hits broadside. Center. Only the Cleveland seems immune to this.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles

So, let me understand. The Cleveland, which is a Cruiser, going up against a Battleship, like my Texas, broadside. 90 degree angle, whether it is being hit with shells from a Battleship at 15 or 5, makes a difference?

Yes it does. Your shells gain a steeper angle of impact as range increases, and lose pen over distance / flight time.

1 minute ago, Ricky_Racer said:

Like I said. Every shell, hits broadside. Center. Only the Cleveland seems immune to this.

Yeah, I sincerely question your memory, since you didn't even seem to realize that a Cleveland is a tier 6 in your OP.

Just provide a replay so we can tell you exactly what happened instead of just guessing, ok? Chances are you hit too high or the Cleveland was nowhere near as broadside as you believe. It happens. Perspective is wonky in this game and ships that look almost broadside can be angled at close to 40 degrees.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
1,008 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yeah, I sincerely question your memory, since you didn't even seem to realize that a Cleveland is a tier 6 in your OP.

WoW.

Who are you to judge me? I admitted I was wrong pertaining to the tier.

Nothing is wrong with my memory.

If you have a reason, an explanation, why a tier 5, Texas can not Cit a Cleveland, than I would like to hear it. But don't, come out, and judge me. Or for that, any other player, who has just as much right, to complain, ask questions, about certain mechanics, when it comes to the game.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
426 posts
10,358 battles
2 minutes ago, Ricky_Racer said:

If you have a reason, an explanation, why a tier 5, Texas can not Cit a Cleveland, than I would like to hear it. But don't, come out, and judge me. Or for that, any other player, who has just as much right, to complain, ask questions, about certain mechanics, when it comes to the game.

Pass us a replay you probably weren't aimming correctly to citadel it as Lert posted earlier the Cleveland citadel is underwater so just hitting its upper broadside won't cause the deletion your looking for

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles
7 minutes ago, Ricky_Racer said:

If you have a reason, an explanation, why a tier 5, Texas can not Cit a Cleveland

We've been giving you possible reasons all thread long.

Range matters. Angle matters. Shot placement matters. Perspective matters. Hell, I've even shown you a screenshot of exactly where Cleveland's citadel is! Until you provide a replay or a screenshot of the exact moment of impact we can't tell you exactly what happened this time. All we have is your word that he was broadside - well we've seen dozens of people claim "broadside" only to find out in the replay that the target ship was angled.

But you want a clear and concise "this is what happened to you" answer without providing us even a straw to go on?

Alright. Aliens did it. They sent a wizard down to cast a forcefield right in front of the Cleveland right as your shells hit.

There. Happy now?

• Cool 5

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,634 posts
19,351 battles

First, play a cleveland.  Second, notice 80% of he matches are [edited] tier 8.

3rd, learn where her citadel is.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
1,008 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

We've been giving you possible reasons all thread long.

Range matters. Angle matters. Shot placement matters. Hell, I've even shown you a screenshot of exactly where Cleveland's citadel is! Until you provide a replay or a screenshot of the exact moment of impact we can't tell you exactly what happened this time. All we have is your word that he was broadside - well we've seen dozens of people claim "broadside" only to find out in the replay that the target ship was angled.

But you want a clear and concise "this is what happened to you" answer without providing us even a straw to go on?

Alright. Aliens did it. They sent a wizard down to cast a forcefield right in front of the Cleveland right as your shells hit.

There. Happy now?

No. You came out an questioned my integrity. If you are connected, anyway with War Gaming, you should be fired. You did not promote, give an explanation, nor did you attempt, to give a player a reasonable answer. Nice going.

Bye.

Beta Testers
1,425 posts
1,665 battles

If you have a reason, an explanation, why a tier 5, Texas can not Cit a Cleveland, than I would like to hear it. 

Don't forget that even at the water line. The water does rise and lower, so when the rounds look good the could have hit the water and the ones that did hit bounce off the armor or went threw it. 

Only thing I could think would have happen.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles
5 minutes ago, Ricky_Racer said:

No. You came out an questioned my integrity.

Oooooh wow, someone on the internet suggested you might have misremembered something right after you demonstate misremembering something. Surely that affront to your integrity cannot stand! My oh my oh my, nations have gone to war over less atrocious insults!

You've been ignoring everything we've been saying, and now you claim the offended party card. Grow up. My 12 y/o nephew is more mature.

• Cool 5

[WOLF5]
Members
3,592 posts
3,816 battles

WoW.

Who are you to judge me? I admitted I was wrong pertaining to the tier.

Nothing is wrong with my memory.

Plenty of reasons. Starting with the fact that the Cleveland isn't really a T6 CL, it's a T8 CL that WG nerfed and nerfed again to barely work at T6 due to their now discarded progression from 6" to 8" guns. It has a ridiculous citadel. In fact, you can bow tank most T6 BBs in the Cleveland (that teaches you bad things for the Pepsi, but that's another topic). It's very small, so very hard to hit.

Also, let's be honest, the TX's accuracy could be better. It's fully possible that some went low and some went high, cause overpens. He could have just moved to through off your aim, the Cleve is pretty maneuverable. If angled, he could easily bounce your shells.

Finally, one errant salvo isn't enough to base anything on. I've citadeled a Cleveland in my TX, so it is possible. Best guess is RNG was trolling you.

Also, if you want detailed analysis, a screenshot or replay will greatly help.

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

Looks to be a bit of an over-reaction here.  I don't think anyone said anything about anyone lying.  If you go back and re-read the posts, some explanations (in words and pictures) were given, though maybe with a teaspoon of salt about the tier...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

I know you don't want to hear it, but it's your shooting.  You're not being as accurate as you think you are.

• Cool 1