You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

They need to do something about the amount of HE being fired...

119 comments in this topic

Rekkoff    100

Its getting ridiculous how much HE is being spammed left and right... They need to do something to promote the use of AP again. I vote for huge HE nerfs but I know thats not popular. Anyone got any ideas?

• Cool 3

3 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

Its getting ridiculous how much HE is being spammed left and right... They need to do something to promote the use of AP again. I vote for huge HE nerfs but I know thats not popular. Anyone got any ideas?

Well all you can do is run the appropriate flags and a step further run a fire, survivability captain build on your bbs.  Other than that what can your really do until the fire mechanic itself is changed.  However in most situations let em farm fire on you while you wreck them with AP.  Good luck out there friend.

SireneRacker    1,441

HE nerfs? No thanks.

And as Long as the philosophy for Battleships (exception being RN) is to spam AP at literally everything that moves, I see no reason to change anything about HE on Cruisers or Destroyers.

• Cool 2

RivertheRoyal    2,799

Battleships can continue spamming HE, please. I'd rather take a salvo of that and get set on fire then eat their AP and a handful of citadels. 

• Cool 13

Ace_04    808

They just reduced the fire duration time on DDs and cruisers.  Battleships can still run flags and captain skills to reduce fire damage as well.

I don't see any issue here.

• Cool 3

leehwongxing    76
1 hour ago, Rekkoff said:

Show us your broadside and we will talk about shooting AP on your ship.

• Cool 2

Xlap    146

The problem is the terrible skill level of the player base. 

AP is a good ammo, but you need skill to aim and hit the right place of the enemy ship. While HE you just need to hit the enemy ship (plus a possible fire). 

Yesterday in a game there was a Nagato spamming HE all the game, one guy asked hum why he was using HE and not AP and he said "because AP dont deal damage". We were like, WUT??? Nagato has some of the best AP in the game. 

• Cool 1

Wulfgarn    2,009
17 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

They just reduced the fire duration time on DDs and cruisers.  Battleships can still run flags and captain skills to reduce fire damage as well.

I don't see any issue here.

:Smile_great:

Every time I see a thread like this, I cringe for fear that WG will add premium ammo...

• Cool 3

FireAndHEspam    562

Ever heard of a tank build? Gire Prevention, perhaps?

GitGud.gif

cgbosn4    16

While we're at it, let's do something about torpedoes...they make holes in my hull...  We have to do something about HE shells...they burn my beautiful paint job...  We have to do something about BBs AP shells that delete that poor T8 cruiser 3/4s the way across the map in one volley??  Heck no! Keep that!!  I like that!!!  Now back to me & my battleship...  Stop shooting from inside the smoke, I don't like that, I can't see you...  And those wee little boats...what are they called...destroyers...yeah those...make them visible from beyond their torpedo range.  Heck, get rid of their torpedoes and give them only AP shells...

• Cool 7

Ace_04    808
5 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Every time I see a thread like this, I cringe for fear that WG will add premium ammo...

Let's pray we never see that day.

If it ever came to fruition, I would stop playing this game, without hesitation.

• Cool 8

Skpstr    1,460

Lol you're really going to love when AP vs. DDs gets adjusted.....

HazardDrake    900

What would help is for WG to stop penalizing the switching of amunition types.

Make it so switching amunition types doesn't force all your turrets to reload if you happen to fire one turret. Have those turrets finish loading whatever was selected when they started, then switch once they fire. Only pressing 1 or 2 twice should force a reload. 

• Cool 4

Khafni    599
43 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Shhh! Don't use that phrase. It's like calling a demon by name. It will come.

That right there, if it happens, will make we walk from this game and never look back - no matter the money I've spent...

• Cool 2

SkaerKrow    568

Yes, let’s make it so ships with subpar guns have no chance against well armored battleships. Brilliant. You can already heal through most fire and HE damage. I would suggest not pushing into masses of rapid firing enemy guns, so that you can mitigate the damage more effectively.

• Cool 1

jager_geist    53
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, let’s make it so ships with subpar guns have no chance against well armored battleships. Brilliant. You can already heal through most fire and HE damage. I would suggest not pushing into masses of rapid firing enemy guns, so that you can mitigate the damage more effectively.

But, the game has too change not OP's playstyle. :Smile_Default:

Jakob_Knight    520

So, a little memo to those players like the OP who clearly don't have much experience in the game....

HE is the ammo the vast majority of ships in the game are designed to use. Only Battleships regularly get advantage by using only AP the entire battle, while Cruisers and Destroyers must use HE for most of their engagements to have any effective use of their guns.

Trying to complain that ships are using the expected default ammo for their guns is rather....ignorant of the facts.

If course, if the Devs change the game so that any gun on any ship can fire AP rounds and citadel any other ship in the vast majority of situations, the OP and others complaining about HE being used more than AP will have their wishes granted. Let the detonations flow...

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 3

TTK_Aegis    1,132
1 hour ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Battleships can continue spamming HE, please. I'd rather take a salvo of that and get set on fire then eat their AP and a handful of citadels. 

This ^^^

By all means, continue to give me damage I can fully heal. 

• Cool 1

Xlap    146
2 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

HE is the ammo the vast majority of ships in the game are designed to use. Only Battleships regularly get advantage by using only AP the entire battle, while Cruisers and Destroyers must use HE for most of their engagements to have any effective use of their guns.

Not really, AP is a amazing ammo for DDs anc cruisers. A cruiser can take half HP or even one shoot a enemy cruiser with AP, also you can deal 10k salvos of AP against BBs. A DD can cit some cruisers with AP and DD AP is really good since many DDs cant pen BB armor with HE. 

Most players dont realize how powerfull cruiser and DD AP is and just spam HE. 

leehwongxing    76
1 minute ago, Xlap said:

Not really, AP is a amazing ammo for DDs anc cruisers. A cruiser can take half HP or even one shoot a enemy cruiser with AP, also you can deal 10k salvos of AP against BBs. A DD can cit some cruisers with AP and DD AP is really good since many DDs cant pen BB armor with HE. 

Most players dont realize how powerfull cruiser and DD AP is and just spam HE. 

Yeah but this is the requirement

1 hour ago, leehwongxing said:

Show us your broadside and we will talk about shooting AP on your ship.

HE is still the major here

• Cool 1