Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
murryhawk

Tired of pathetic BB drivers

17 comments in this topic

murryhawk    67

[edited] it its my rant time-yeah i know flogging a dead horse but last couple of days have been really frustrating and there was only 2 dd's in below game as well yet they still barely move from spawn.

How many games lost today because they should grow a set and help support objective play.

1 example below except managed to get a win......

bb.jpg

shot-17.12.07_19.53.14-0058.jpg

Image result for kao camp ground gif

1 hour ago, murryhawk said:

yet they still barely move from spawn.

Didn't you know they got snuggies and serve hot chocolate and cookies at spawn? You are missing out my friend.

• Cool 3

1 hour ago, murryhawk said:

they still barely move from spawn

Unfortunately your end battle results example doesn't show what you're ranting about...can't tell BBs didn't move from spawn & you posted a win for the example of all the games you lost today.

• Cool 1

Raven114    329

With Deep water torpedo's getting to close is suicide for a BB, They appear to close to maneuver away. I am not against them but something else to be aware of!!!

Lonewolfpj    350

Remember you are playing a multiplayer game and everyone has different idea and goals when they play. You can’t get to angry over it. This stuff happens. 

48 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

With Deep water torpedo's getting to close is suicide for a BB, They appear to close to maneuver away. I am not against them but something else to be aware of!!!

Yeah but let's be honest, how many PADDs at high tiers are we really seeing on NA right now? 

One per battle, maybe, if that. 

The reality of it is even the good BB players have to sit back until the red herd is thinned a bit before moving up, because otherwise they get focus burned to the waterline quickly. 

Caveat: When I say sit back, I mean about 18-20km. Not the map border, not hiding behind a rock, not all clumped up 2km away from eachother in A2... Just back far enough to be effective at engaging things and drawing fire, or scaring lighter ships away. And not sitting still either, always moving and ready to push a break in the enemy line. 

A lot of players don't realize any of that though, so, we get threads like this and lose games. 

• Cool 1

Nachoo31    310

Ask Death for more Rum, He kinda holding it all to himself these days huh.

Crucis    2,655
48 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Yeah but let's be honest, how many PADDs at high tiers are we really seeing on NA right now? 

The reality of it is even the good BB players have to sit back until the red herd is thinned a bit before moving up, because otherwise they get focus burned to the waterline quickly. 

Caveat: When I say sit back, I mean about 18-20km. Not the map border, not hiding behind a rock, not all clumped up 2km away from eachother in A2... Just back far enough to be effective at engaging things and drawing fire, or scaring lighter ships away. And not sitting still either, always moving and ready to push a break in the enemy line. 

A lot of players don't realize any of that though, so, we get threads like this and lose games. 

I don't disagree with most everything you've said here, with one minor exception.  If I'm in this early battle longer range sniping phase in a BB, I really don't have a problem doing it from behind a rock if it keeps me from being spotted, particularly if I'm in a bottom tier BB.  I have no intention of parking there indefinitely, though I'm sure that some people would.  Honestly, this isn't something I usually do, because on these maps, it seems rare to find low enough islands in the right locations to allow it, so I've never really considered doing it. 

But on a domination battle on Tears of the Desert a day or so ago, I was in the SW are behind the island south of that map with spotted enemies, and it did occur to me that I could use that island, at least for a short while.  So I did, and it worked out well enough to justify having done so.  I wasn't there long, perhaps 2 minutes, enough for 3-4 volleys, I think.  And I managed to get some damage, probably no more than I'd have gotten without the cover, but I did avoid being spotted, so it was all good from my perspective.  When the enemies started moving away, I pushed out and forward.  Ended up doing something like 130k damage in my Alabama in a tier 10 battle in a romp, though I did finally get sunk by a Yammy.

1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Totally agree with this. The challenge with high tier battleships is you don't have the maneuverability to turn out if the reds load up on the cap your contesting. You will get focused down hard. Even the most unskilled BB players recognize that. Which is why many of them sit in spawn. They haven't learned that from the beginning of the match you need to plan several steps ahead: (What cap should I push to? What is my exit plan if the cap gets too hot?. etc).

At times there is a very fine line between "Yolo Swaggins-ing" into the capture point, and strategically placing your BB where you can do max damage to the enemy team while tanking hits for your team, but not getting overly focus fired. It's a balancing act that really just comes down to developing map/situational and hitpoint management awareness.

Ghostdog1355    218

Drink your favorite beverage whatever it may be. Load up your favorite ship. Go out and sink some poor schmuck. You'll feel a lot better win or lose.

Radar_X    122

As a reminder please familiarize yourself with our forum guidelines when posting to ensure all posts are both constructive and compliant.