Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SoftAndCute

Free Commander Retraining

33 comments in this topic

SoftAndCute    68

I think WG should allow us to retrain or respec our commander skills at a lower or no cost after USN CV rework. For example, some USN CVs now have planes that are lower tiers than their IJN counter parts. Some of my past USN CVs were spec for Strike and others are for Balanced or AS loadouts. 

• Cool 4

AtlanticRim    23

What I wish WG would do sometimes is this:

When they tinker with a line, free commander respecs should happen for ONLY commanders specialized in those ships for a short time. However, in the past WG has only done an "all-or-nothing" approach to free respecs.

Not a big compliant, but really should be common sense.

WanderingGhost    462

Actually have to agree, especially given my heavier AS focus and all previously. Finding some of my captains don't agree well with the changes. Which is kinda fitting since I'm still unhappy with them period.

SoftAndCute    68
13 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

As a CV player, respecs are not needed

You must be an IJN CV player or play that line a lot more than USN.

CarefreeTongue    149
Just now, SoftAndCute said:

You must be an IJN CV player or play that line a lot more than USN.

I have not needed to respec a single IJN or USN CV captain since the patch. There's only 1-2 viable CV builds with slight variations.

SoftAndCute    68
14 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

I have not needed to respec a single IJN or USN CV captain since the patch. There's only 1-2 viable CV builds with slight variations.

It can still be your choice if you choose not to. Others like myself want options at no cost while devs are still tweaking the CVs.

CarefreeTongue    149

It can still be your choice if you choose not to. Others like myself want options at no cost while devs are still tweaking the CVs.

The gameplay has not fundamentally changed even if the loadouts have. Therefore, free respecs are not justified.

Warped_1    174
5 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

The gameplay has not fundamentally changed even if the loadouts have. Therefore, free respecs are not justified.

I am confused at this as well (admitted IJN CV). Not to be contrary but I'm curious.  What do you have now and how would you change it?  CV skills are pretty cut and dry.

Edited by Warped_1

SoftAndCute    68
8 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Completely wrong statement.

Lex's previous 202 loadout (which a lot of people used) has utterly different game play than current 112. 

Edited by SoftAndCute

CarefreeTongue    149

Lex's previous 202 loadout (which a lot of people used) has utterly different same game play than current 112. 

You have much bigger problems if you played Lex 202

SoftAndCute    68
12 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

You have much bigger problems if you played Lex 202

Yes, I did have a bigger problem, which was IJN 222 loadouts.

So I picked 202 Lex loadout that annoyed most to IJN.

Edited by SoftAndCute

SoftAndCute    68
18 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I am confused at this as well (admitted IJN CV). Not to be contrary but I'm curious.  What do you have now and how would you change it?  CV skills are pretty cut and dry.

I will at least retrain my commander to have more ammunition for fighters since plane rearm time is long for USN. 

Warped_1    174
13 minutes ago, SoftAndCute said:

Lex's previous 202 loadout (which a lot of people used) has utterly different game play than current 112. 

Back to my previous question, what are you changing that benefited your previous loadout but not the new one.  Incidentally, I think the hammer "fix" to the USN CVs makes as much sense as the fix that eliminated strafing at T5 but still pairs them against T6.  They should have just provided another choice.

What I am reading here is you are frustrated with the CV revamp and want to train to another ship.  Don't blame you there either.

CarefreeTongue    149
22 minutes ago, SoftAndCute said:

Yes, I did have a bigger problem, which was IJN 222 loadouts.

So I picked 202 loadout that annoyed most to IJN.

Please explain how you're averaging less than 15 planes per game with a 202 Lex.

31 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

If you're asking about captain skills, I have in the following order: (And it hasn't changed from patch to patch)

• ASE
  • TA
  • TAE for USN/BFT for IJN
  • AS
  • 2 of AFT/MAA/CE
    • CVs with bad concealment prefer CE
      • Ex: Lex, Midway
    • CVs with high DP AA output prefer MAA
      • Ex: Hakuryu
    • Most non-DF CVs like to have both AFT + MAA
  • Dogfighting Expert
    • Taken after AS if CV is Essex or non-Saipan T4-7
Edited by CarefreeTongue

SoftAndCute    68
3 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Please explain how you're averaging less than 15 planes per game with a 202 Lex.

it's because when INJ CV skippers saw an AS Lex they ran away. 

Do you think they will say  "Hey it's an AS Lex, I'm going to send my IJN planes to dogfight"?

Edited by SoftAndCute

Warped_1    174
1 minute ago, CarefreeTongue said:

If you're asking about captain skills, I have in the following order: (And it hasn't changed from patch to patch)

• ASE
  • TA
  • TAE for USN/BFT for IJN
  • AS
  • 2 of AFT/MAA/CE
    • CVs with bad concealment prefer CE
      • Ex: Lex, Midway
    • CVs with high DP AA output prefer MAA
      • Ex: Hakuryu
  • Dogfighting Expert
    • Taken after AS if CV is Essex or non-Saipan T4-7

Hmm, I've never seen the benefit of CE outweigh the other choices.  Course, my Kaga would enjoy it abit...

CarefreeTongue    149
4 minutes ago, SoftAndCute said:

it's because when INJ CV skippers saw an AS Lex they ran away. 

And yet we had 202 Lex players who couldn't win half their games average over 20 per game.

Crucis    2,655
55 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

It may not be due to the loadouts that the OP wants to respec.   It may be due to changes in the tiers of the planes the CV's carry.

SoftAndCute    68
24 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

And yet we had 202 Lex players who couldn't win half their games average over 20 per game.

Now, you are using the low road of stat shaming since you don't have any intelligent arguments.

This thread is not to show off how good people are at playing a computer game.

I paid WG for a product called wows that includes USN CV that is unfinished yet so I don't want to pay more to respec things to my satisfaction while they keep changing it.

Hey if you are satisfied with WG's products I'm fine with it. You can side with them by saying "The gameplay has not fundamentally changed" despite they rework the whole tech tree.

Edited by SoftAndCute
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this