You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

I finally threw in the towel

38 comments in this topic

Deputy276    591

I've been waiting forever for WG to re-release the De Grasse. Only thing they have done is drop it into a bundle that costs hundreds of $$$ and I have most of what is in the bundle. And no, I don't need a fortune in gold. So I started at tier IV and ground my way to the tier 6 La Glassyeye. Got it yesterday. I had a 10 point Captain to drop into it and that was the only real reason I went into the French line. Actually, I liked the tier 4-5 Frenchie CLs. They taught me to be a lot more cautious with no armor and to go bow forward or do a 180 if things got flaky. So it wasn't all that bad a grind. :Smile_Default:

Now watch...next week WG will release that frigging De Grassyknoll. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Ghostdog1355    214

That's usually the way it works out for me also. I also like exchanging a load of doubloons for 25 XP and then the special runs for 35 the next week.

• Cool 1

Ace_04    806
16 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Now watch...next week WG will release that frigging De Grassyknoll. :Smile_sceptic:

I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up during this year's Shipsmas sales event.

• Cool 1

Sovereigndawg    494

I didn't buy the big bundle, I only needed one ship from it. I decides instead to get the Russian bundle and got my Okhotnik, The doubloon deal wasn't any where near what you get from purchasing the big bundle just for the Gold.

IronWolfV    6,626

I actually got gifted the DeGrasse. By a total stranger when I wasn't even planning to buy it. I was so utterly stunned.

• Cool 1

Jiggiwatt    135
15 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

I actually got gifted the DeGrasse. By a total stranger when I wasn't even planning to buy it. I was so utterly stunned.

Well look at you, with your fancy friends and admirers!

• Cool 1

IronWolfV    6,626
35 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Well look at you, with your fancy friends and admirers!

Well. I can't help if someone gave me something.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

I've been waiting forever for WG to re-release the De Grasse. Only thing they have done is drop it into a bundle that costs hundreds of $$$ and I have most of what is in the bundle. And no, I don't need a fortune in gold. So I started at tier IV and ground my way to the tier 6 La Glassyeye. Got it yesterday. I had a 10 point Captain to drop into it and that was the only real reason I went into the French line. Actually, I liked the tier 4-5 Frenchie CLs. They taught me to be a lot more cautious with no armor and to go bow forward or do a 180 if things got flaky. So it wasn't all that bad a grind. :Smile_Default:

Nawwww, if they were going to do that, it would have been November 22.

• Cool 1

Deputy276    591
20 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Congratz on unlocking it!  Sounds like it was worth the effort. 

Ah-HA!!!!! Someone in the know about this kind of thing!!!! Yes, it was an enjoyable effort. Now....tell me honestly....is the De Grassyknoll coming out next week for like $12 and should I start searching for a rope and a tall light fixture? :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Deputy276
  • Cool 1

Herr_Reitz    1,275

Got mine in a SC... same with the Dunkerque... having already ground to where you are when I got it, I can tell you she's a whole lot more fun to play... so don't give up on her... she will come 'round again... when she does, buy her. 

• Cool 1

delp5117    103

The French cruiser line is the last one I started and is one of my favorites to play.  The La Gal is the least fun in my opinion, so stick it out.  The Algerie and CM are awesome.  Grinding silver to buy the Tier 9 now.

• Cool 1

Radar_X    115
34 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Ah HA!!!!! Someone in the know about this kind of thing!!!! Yes, it was an enjoyable effort. Now....tell me honestly....is the De Grassyknoll coming out next week for like $12 and should I start searching for a rope and a tall light fixture? :Smile_teethhappy:

I think you are probably ok for now.  Just enjoy what you have!

dionkraft    151
1 hour ago, IronWolfV said:

Well. I can't help if someone gave me something.

Sure you can..you can always PAY IT FORWARD....

IronWolfV    6,626
1 minute ago, dionkraft said:

Sure you can..you can always PAY IT FORWARD....

Did that last Christmas. Even made a friend on warships feel a whole lot better when he got an Ishizuchi and ended up loving it. Only person to give him any kind of present. I was kinda shocked of that.

But I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I have given back to other players with no thought of reward.

• Cool 1

dionkraft    151
3 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Did that last Christmas. Even made a friend on warships feel a whole lot better when he got an Ishizuchi and ended up loving it. Only person to give him any kind of present. I was kinda shocked of that.

But I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I have given back to other players with no thought of reward.

With that in mind you did a very good thing and I salute you.  BEST to you for the Holiday Season as well!   

IronWolfV    6,626
15 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

With that in mind you did a very good thing and I salute you.  BEST to you for the Holiday Season as well!   

See ya on the seas.

Panzerlin    77

Algerie is the highlight of the line for me and I really have no interest in going further with the French cruisers.  I'm glad you enjoy La Glass, I sure didn't XD

Beatty_10    45

I feel ya. I've been waiting (and praying to RNGesus for a lucky SC) for De Grasse to be available again for quite some time. I however, want it because I enjoyed La Gal tremendously and would probably adore De Grasse. 

I would snap it up the day it becomes available again. I check the darn premium shop every day as it is.

It would make a great Christmas gift to self . . .

Korval_BB55    71
9 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

So I started at tier IV and ground my way to the tier 6 La Glassyeye.

Congrats on the nice new boat.  I'm sure DeGrasse will go on sale again sometime, maybe not soon, but sometime.  Hang in there and enjoy the CLs, La Gal may not be the best, but Emile is certainly a keeper.

HyperFish    150
10 hours ago, IronWolfV said:

I'm still waiting for someone to gift me an Enterprise.

...maybe I should start being nicer to people. 

Taylor3006    689
11 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Ah HA!!!!! Someone in the know about this kind of thing!!!! Yes, it was an enjoyable effort. Now....tell me honestly....is the De Grassyknoll coming out next week for like $12 and should I start searching for a rope and a tall light fixture? :Smile_teethhappy:

LOL My experience has been to wait for a tech tree premium ship for months to be discounted (am looking at you Mikasa!), finally just spending the doubloons, then in TWO days it goes on sale for half price..... My resolve was broken down after winning doubloons in a super container so technically I got it half price but had I waited I would have gotten it for FREE!! Talk about a short rope and a tall tree moment....

BTW good to see you back on the forums Deputy!

Edited by Taylor3006