Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

I'm bored at work.

5 comments in this topic

Dr_Venture    1,515

I read this forum when I'm bored in my cube at work...and so here are just a few things I've noticed/thought of.

CV's will never-ever-ever-ever-ever go away. 

They are an integral ship class, they hunt all, they see all, when they are not in a match...it's clearly felt. People spread out, they camp in the back, destroyers run amuck....I recall fondly of: if you park and backed up like a moron, you got erased and we laughed at you. I really hope they balance and bring back CV's so we can see them in the game...AA builds could mean something.

Destroyers need a cap on how many in the game.

At low tiers, this isn't that much of an issue (unless it's those unnurfed Minekaze...and those are down right just [edited] with their detection and torpedoes.) At higher tiers when you have 5 high tier DD's a match...it gets stupid when you can't go into a fight anyone without seeing "THE GREAT WALL OF SKILL" that cannot be dodged. A solid cap of 3 a match...sure it would be annoying...but it wouldn't be broken. 

Battleships are iconic, but their iconic moments were getting stomped by CV's not by fire.

I always found it silly that a ship with a quarter of my displacement could burn me to the waterline and dance around. I still feel fire damage should be reigned in a little more, reduce the number of fires to 3 and with skills to 2. You could still burn down battleships, but not as readily. Perhaps you could have fire effect gunnery sight and accuracy....not straight up kill you.

Redesign the British BB line.

This line was a total blunder that has to rely on cheap tricks and gimmicks...Warspite and Hood set a tone for great accuracy and in Warspite's case good secondary gunnery...the line is almost the EXACT OPPOSITE. Now you have a line that spams fire and cloaks faster than a destroyer....lol...k

Pan-Asian was a waste of time.

Seriously guys...

Could we perhaps have a poll on what premium ship Wargaming should do next?

I dare say that would be pretty cool...admit it...I'm right.

Battleship Ise? When?

CV Hybrid ships would be awesome...more so when you can tell other CV's to bugger off with circling fighters.

All I got for right now...

• Cool 2

GreyFox78659    119

CV are supposed to be the anti potato mechanism. If you park behind an island well CV will delete you. Kind of like artillery in WOT. Artillery is only good against someone parked.

Snargfargle    683

I've rarely been bored at work but I guess that's the nature of being a soldier, paramedic, field biologist, etc. Never have worked in an office either, other than short stints in my own office when I was a college instructor and wasn't in the lab or in the field somewhere.

That said, I wish every match had two CVs in it because I really like to play AA ships. If you want to consistently see CVs in a game, however, you have to play them yourself. The only problem I have with CVs is when I'm playing one in a 4-CV game and I can't get the other CV driver on the team to coordinate with me.

Edited by Snargfargle

HyenaHiena    164
33 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

CV's will never-ever-ever-ever-ever go away. 

They are an integral ship class, they hunt all, they see all, when they are not in a match...it's clearly felt. People spread out, they camp in the back, destroyers run amuck....I recall fondly of: if you park and backed up like a moron, you got erased and we laughed at you. I really hope they balance and bring back CV's so we can see them in the game...AA builds could mean something.

Battleships are iconic, but their iconic moments were getting stomped by CV's not by fire.

I always found it silly that a ship with a quarter of my displacement could burn me to the waterline and dance around. I still feel fire damage should be reigned in a little more, reduce the number of fires to 3 and with skills to 2. You could still burn down battleships, but not as readily. Perhaps you could have fire effect gunnery sight and accuracy....not straight up kill you.

+1 for best phrases on this foruns this days.

Radar_X    115

Given this topic is really broad and contains some subjects we have existing threads for I'm going to go ahead and close it.

• Cool 1