You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
0crazy8s0

In game Chat Ban needs two different messages

20 comments in this topic

0crazy8s0    255

Okay guys here goes my pitch, for all of us that have been chat banned before by in game reports we get that we get banned for how ever long our punishment is for the length of time.  How ever when we do get chat banned in game the message says when you are banned by complaints,

You have been suspended from sending chat messages until (specific date and time). Reason. Ban by complaints.

That is the exact message that states you been chat banned right.  Now from my understanding when you get chat banned by the in game reporting system the in game reports start over to zero once the ban is over with.   I'm not exactly sure how this works entirely I haven't fully worked it out.  But say you get chat banned because someone actually decides to submit a support ticket with a screen shot as evidence instead of using the in game report system.

Yea it takes a bit of time for support to answer back on the ticket but eventually the person gets chat banned.  Now the problem with this is say someone reported you using the in game report system twice already for something else.  You get the chat ban from actual support persons and not the in game automated system.  You would think that those in game reports would reset to zero.  But no your in game reports are still there from the automated system.  So you've paid the price someone reports you again for what ever bang you are chat banned for another day or what ever. 

I believe that the system does work but it needs some fixes.  It would be nice to know that hey he or she was banned by support staff instead of the automated system I would like to see that in a message when the message pops up in the notifications box in game as well.  If I'm chat banned yea I'm chat banned  As players we should be able to see the difference if we get banned by someone from support or the automated messaged.  I believe that two difference messages need to be in place instead of the one message.  It would make things a lot easier on players.  What does everybody else think of this?

not_acceptable    1,576

what are you typing in battle chat that gets you banned so much you are this intimately aware of how the system operates?? I mean, this has to be beyond the usual bottom feeder stuff here, cuz I see some regulars that are pretty much out of control... 

• Cool 2

0crazy8s0    255

People get mad in games, but what I am suggesting is a 2 message system.  First one is the original that says banned by complaints as normal from automated system. Second would be an actual message stating that the player has been chat banned by support staff.  Its not about what was said in game its about the messages.

Edited by 0crazy8s0

0crazy8s0    255
3 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

what are you typing in battle chat that gets you banned so much you are this intimately aware of how the system operates?? I mean, this has to be beyond the usual bottom feeder stuff here, cuz I see some regulars that are pretty much out of control... 

and no I don't get chat banned on a regular basis lol.

DiddleDum    70

Have no opinion either way.  Never have been chat banned, and never will be.

I can withhold my salt on the chat.

• Cool 3

Sovereigndawg    494

Been here for over two years and never have been banned but then I don't get mad at stupid people so I just don't retort.

re·tort

VERB
  1. say something in answer to a remark or accusation, typically in a sharp, angry, or wittily incisive manner:
    "“No need to be rude,” retorted Isabel" ·
    synonyms: answer · reply · respond · say in response · return · counter · rejoin ·
    repay (an insult or injury):
    "it was now his time to retort the humiliation"
NOUN
  1. a sharp, angry, or wittily incisive reply to a remark:
    "she opened her mouth to make a suitably cutting retort"
    synonyms: answer · reply · response · return · counter · rejoinder · riposte
  • Cool 1

khorender_1    61
6 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

and no I don't get chat banned on a regular basis lol.

Then why change it ?  YOU should know why YOU are being banned..

• Cool 1

Radar_X    115

We do appreciate the feedback on the system.  Obviously players should avoid any behavior which would cause consistent chat bans as those can eventually become permanent but if you do have questions regarding your ability to chat, please open a Support ticket. 

0crazy8s0    255
2 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We do appreciate the feedback on the system.  Obviously players should avoid any behavior which would cause consistent chat bans as those can eventually become permanent but if you do have questions regarding your ability to chat, please open a Support ticket. 

It was just a suggestion for two types of messages if someone is chat banned I know many players have been there but sometimes it can just get annoying especially if someone just uses the in game report system because they are well yea I wont get into that but it would be nice to see a message stating that this is a ban from support staff rather than the constant ban by complaints that's all.  I generally do try to avoid getting chat banned but sometimes in this game you can't avoid it in some cases.

Sotaudi    448

Patient:  Doctor, it hurts when I do this.

Doctor:  Then don't do that.

• Cool 3

Sotaudi    448
17 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The....system of chat bans? Somebody's been spewing a lot of salt! Hey, maybe, just maybe, try being nicer.

This.  On the other hand, if you are getting chat banned enough that this is an issue for you, then just keep doing what you are doing and get a perma-ban.  Either way, the problem is solved.

• Cool 1

Psicopro    173

I used to be an angry potato and I never got chat banned.  You must have pushed the bar to the extreme lol.

TheDreadnought    691
2 hours ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Okay guys here goes my pitch, for all of us that have been chat banned before by in game reports we get that we get banned for how ever long our punishment is for the length of time.  How ever when we do get chat banned in game the message says when you are banned by complaints,

You have been suspended from sending chat messages until (specific date and time). Reason. Ban by complaints.

That is the exact message that states you been chat banned right.  Now from my understanding when you get chat banned by the in game reporting system the in game reports start over to zero once the ban is over with.   I'm not exactly sure how this works entirely I haven't fully worked it out.  But say you get chat banned because someone actually decides to submit a support ticket with a screen shot as evidence instead of using the in game report system.

Yea it takes a bit of time for support to answer back on the ticket but eventually the person gets chat banned.  Now the problem with this is say someone reported you using the in game report system twice already for something else.  You get the chat ban from actual support persons and not the in game automated system.  You would think that those in game reports would reset to zero.  But no your in game reports are still there from the automated system.  So you've paid the price someone reports you again for what ever bang you are chat banned for another day or what ever. 

I believe that the system does work but it needs some fixes.  It would be nice to know that hey he or she was banned by support staff instead of the automated system I would like to see that in a message when the message pops up in the notifications box in game as well.  If I'm chat banned yea I'm chat banned  As players we should be able to see the difference if we get banned by someone from support or the automated messaged.  I believe that two difference messages need to be in place instead of the one message.  It would make things a lot easier on players.  What does everybody else think of this?

I'm pretty salty in chat sometimes, and I've never gotten a ban. 

The people who come on here complaining about the chat ban system, ought to be permanently banned.

• Cool 2

CLUCH_CARGO    337

I send in reports for: nasty attitudes, swearing,spamming,off battle topic chat,blame and shame,the talking dead. If Chat bans are so readily apparent in your life "You are Doing Something Wrong" 

definitions:

Nasty Attitudes... I am the best player here do as I say or I will sink you myself!

Swearing....  I don't need to define this you know all the words

Spamming.... Go ahead push the f keys

off battle topic chat.... Whats the recipe for good goulash 

blame and shame...."you didn't support me "Rodger" You suck, I died because of "Roger" everyone report him

the talking dead.... "this team is terrible" "we lost this game at the start" What are you doing over there in "A" the enemy is over at "B" so on and so forth

Salty is apparent in many games but not always bannable "Everyone has a bad moment" Pushing the boundaries is what becomes Bannable.

GuntherPrein    36

to me chat banning is retarded their is an ignore button plz use it if you don't like what is being said to you . All chat bans are is revenge for most Ive been banned so many times from trip divisons spamming reports 90 % of time have been removed because what I said wasn't worthy of a chat ban, sure wish people abusing it or snowflakes actually got a warning from abusing it

Sweetsie    209

Banned often, but in my case I am banned for attempting to teach, and when the fail is complete, I do give the "I told you so"...boom.... complaints. granted I'm no angel but I don't use graphic terms or swear or threats. I will however give an example:

guys, don't push A, we have two caps and a 300 point lead, let them come out......as they continue to push with red ribbon fever....I may type in.....Slip slidin' away You know the nearer your destination The more you're slip slidin' away.... and when the fail is complete.....I told you so....boom! all the fails are so irate I get reported. In some cases getting banned is a badge of honor, not many though.....

not_acceptable    1,576

did you see the way that guy was looking at me before he one shotted me out of the water at 25km on the first salvo, which is clearly aimbot!!

followed by epic rant..... still won't get you chat banned. again, what were you repeating that got you chat banned?

if you were not chat banned, this is an attempt at a troll thread. if so, put it out there, spanky.

Taichunger    1,942
15 hours ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

People get mad in games, but what I am suggesting is a 2 message system.  First one is the original that says banned by complaints as normal from automated system. Second would be an actual message stating that the player has been chat banned by support staff.  Its not about what was said in game its about the messages.

This alreadyexists. One just says banned for chat. The other gives you a strike, usually for foul language. Just got one this week myself for ingame salt.