Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tapioka70

Love that Battleship Smell!

6 comments in this topic

Tapioka70    4

So I recently went to visit BB-61 IOWA. What a great ship!

Got a hoody from the gift shop and coming home, realized it had the smell of diesel and grease. I call it the smell of history!

What a great ship and salute to all those who served on her and in the navy.

An amazing bit of history and I'm glad this game renews the interest for new generations.

(BTW, you buy a ticket and new users to WOWs get a code for premium time and the Marblehead. Great intro to the game!)

• Cool 3

1 hour ago, Tapioka70 said:

I call it the smell of history!

Agreed. So many museum ships I've been to, even in 'clean' compartments, you can smell the lubricants, sweat, and everything else.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Agreed. So many museum ships I've been to, even in 'clean' compartments, you can smell the lubricants, sweat, and everything else.

Try the smell of a submarine after its been on patrol for 90+ days. First time my wife (ex) opened my sea bag when I got home she almost puked.

34 minutes ago, nightrider760 said:

Try the smell of a submarine after its been on patrol for 90+ days. First time my wife (ex) opened my sea bag when I got home she almost puked.

I have read in many books that submarines and their crew can get pretty ripe by the end of a patrol...

Tapioka70    4

About the extended tour I was not aware of that. Next time I'm in LA I would like to check that out. Thank you!

Yes, fortunately the smell of sweat wasn't there, but I could imagine that. Iowa had 2500 crew in WWII due to all the AA crews. Can't imagine how crowded  or smelly that was!

Interesting note, I would love to see the magazine (powder room) but that's off limits. Turns out they have asbestos as a flame retardant and I don't think that has been cleaned out.

But made sense at the time!

Awesome ship in real life as in the game!

Sign in to follow this