You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seadog_Supreme

Co-op Players Are Transnaval

106 comments in this topic

[ECOM] Megrim3 87
905 posts
8,731 battles
20 minutes ago, a_trout_bum_2 said:

but when i play pvp, some toxic  idiot , with more salt than brains , feels he has the right to send me hate mail after the game,   when they die to my guns

Lol. I love those. Only got one in over 5000 games. Wish it would happen more often. Much entertaining. 

Edited by Megrim3

[-DPF-] Nhi_Vanye 173
742 posts
6,774 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yup! Not an easy task.

Yeah, if you want a challenge, take a Tier 9 or 10 DD into PVE.  Not infrequently you are the only human on either team, and the other team is all cruisers and destroyers, that will target you as a priority over everything else.  Can be very exciting and fun!

[TBW] Sovereigndawg 687
3,623 posts
9,840 battles
11 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

and plow bow-first en masse into full torpedo spreads.

You definitely haven't played any Co op have you? If you ever wanted to make a video of torp beats, you could make it all co op and it would only take a few games to make a 20 minute video.

• Cool 1

[-DPF-] Nhi_Vanye 173
742 posts
6,774 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You definitely haven't played any Co op have you? If you ever wanted to make a video of torp beats, you could make it all co op and it would only take a few games to make a 20 minute video.

Yeah, these days the bots are very good at dodging torps.  If you have a torp hit mission, it is much easier to do in randoms, especially low tier randoms.

[KNMSU] Battlecruiser_Lutzow 1,002
2,313 posts
2,847 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

I accidentally played a tier 9 game Sunday night, in fact (cursing myself for it rigorously after my client reset all of its settings), and saw the enemy team do just that - drive headlong into a Shima spread. Please do not attempt to back-door sell me on the skills involved in co-op play - I am not a receptive or open-minded audience.

[PVE] AdmiralThunder 563
2,142 posts
5,745 battles
4 minutes ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Yeah, if you want a challenge, take a Tier 9 or 10 DD into PVE.  Not infrequently you are the only human on either team, and the other team is all cruisers and destroyers, that will target you as a priority over everything else.  Can be very exciting and fun!

Tray taking a T9 or T10 BB into Co-op and be the only human with 7 DD's. Just as "not" fun. LOL

[-DPF-] Nhi_Vanye 173
742 posts
6,774 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Tray taking a T9 or T10 BB into Co-op and be the only human with 7 DD's. Just as "not" fun. LOL

I actually don't mind that one much.  The bot DDs are not good at staying unspotted, and I like shooting DDs with my BBs.  You do need to be careful not to get too close though!  I recommend Missouri.  Good speed and radar work wonders in that situation!

Edited by Nhi_Vanye

Skpstr 1,615
13,428 posts
4,366 battles
17 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

Lol. I love those. Only got one in over 5000 games. Wish it would happen more often. Much entertaining. 

I can probably help you out with that. Does it matter if I was actually in the game with you, or will generic salt suffice?

• Cool 1

[ECOM] Megrim3 87
905 posts
8,731 battles
9 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I can probably help you out with that. Does it matter if I was actually in the game with you, or will generic salt suffice?

I like "seasoned" salt the best. Especially if its SALTY. 

All kidding aside. What the previous content was stating was that pvp generates toxic salty after game messages. This is so rare. When it does happen and your removed from the insults it really can be something to laugh at. Wonder how many a trout bum has actually received. Cause I'm sure it's near zero. Unless he really infuriated his own team mates to the point of them having to say something. 

Edited by Megrim3

[TBW] Sovereigndawg 687
3,623 posts
9,840 battles
1 minute ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Please do not attempt to back-door sell me on the skills involved in co-op play - I am not a receptive or open-minded audience.

I am not a sales man (just an observer) and play mostly Random but I do respect PVE along with the people who play it. It's a lot of fun to go sink 5 or 6 ships in a co op match. One thing for sure they don't turn tail and run the first time you shoot them and go hide for the rest of the match. I am not in the least trying to sway you to the PVE team. I am just saying that I play a few games with them from time to time and it is fun and completely different tactics. I don't see any reason to have animosity toward Co op players. I also don't think that the OP meant anything bad or condescending with this post. It was not a well thought out choice of words (who hasn't been taken the wrong way once or twice) but I do not believe that @Seadog_Supreme had that intent in mind when posting this. Look past the words, I am 55 and hang out in the shallow end of the pool sometimes, with the babies and the elderly. There is fun and wisdom in the shallow end.

17 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

I am not a receptive or open-minded audience.

And I am not a Jehovah's witness trying to sway you over. So take it easy Texan.

• Cool 1

Skpstr 1,615
13,428 posts
4,366 battles
12 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

I like "seasoned" salt the best. Especially if its SALTY. 

All kidding aside. What the previous content was stating was that pvp generates toxic salty after game messages. This is so rare. When it does happen and your removed from the insults it really can be something to laugh at. Wonder how many a trout bum has actually received. Cause I'm sure it's near zero. Unless he really infuriated his own team mates to the point of them having to say something. 

I've never had a post-match negative message. Had some in-game salt, but I either realise what I did wrong, or think I'm in the right. Either way, further discussion isn't going to be of any benefit, and would probably cause me to drive into an island, so I don't bother engaging.

Although I can see the entertainment value in causing apoplexy in someone by responding to being called out for bad play in my FdG with something like, "sorry, this is the only ship I have over Tier 4, I converted all the XP from my Ichizuchi"

• Cool 2

[NBUL2] Goodwood_Alpha 756
2,397 posts
8,433 battles

Chalk up another person who's grateful to have Co-op (and Scenario!) as available options for earning this particular ship.

However...

I cannot help but feel that this might be a test, to see how many folks are willing to buy the ship package (notice that you can't get "just" the ship) and how many are willing to "work" for it. Let's face it, since we don't really know much about how the HMAS Vampire has been implemented (at least, I'm not aware of any reviews, which isn't saying much), she could end up being this game's version of "free Tier II/III garage slot" given as Christmas presents over in Tanks.

Skpstr 1,615
13,428 posts
4,366 battles

LWM has a review up.

I'm just disappointed that it's not "HMS" Vampire.

I need free retraining ships for more than just IJN and KM lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[90TH] Seadog_Supreme 204
1,197 posts
1 hour ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

OP, just curious, but what do you mean when you use the word "transnaval"?

PvE orientation instead of the usual PvP players. To create a word that summed up an unusual naval game preference.

224 posts
3,167 battles

Hey there everyone, just to clear up any confusion regarding the Taste of Blood missions in order to earn the free Vampire ship. Ships Tier IV and higher have to be used to complete the missions and must be completed in numbered ordered. The good news is there is plenty of time to complete the requirements and it allows you to participate in your favorite game mode... Random, Co-Op or Scenario. Good luck and don't "suck" in trying to earn the Vampire.

• Cool 1

1,197 posts
5 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Hey there everyone, just to clear up any confusion regarding the Taste of Blood missions in order to earn the free Vampire ship. Ships Tier IV and higher have to be used to complete the missions and must be completed in numbered ordered. The good news is there is plenty of time to complete the requirements and it allows you to participate in your favorite game mode... Random, Co-Op or Scenario. Good luck and don't "suck" in trying to earn the Vampire.

The instructions are very clear, but this is the first free-ship go-round for new players. The tier 4 requirement is far easier to make than the ARP mission's tier 6 lower limit.

224 posts
3,167 battles
1 minute ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The instructions are very clear, but this is the first free-ship go-round for new players. The tier 4 requirement is far easier to make than the ARP mission's tier 6 lower limit.

Thanks! I just wanted to back you up and unfortunately not everyone reads the requirements in the mission announcements no matter how clearly it is explained.

[PLPT] pmgaudio 3,552
9,768 posts
9,356 battles

I was wondering.... not directed at anyone in particular, but if COOP was not EASY why would just about everyone that plays it have 95% + WR. ???
LOLZ

I play it when a mission requires it, and to get a feel for a new ship... but to say that the PVP players that do not play it are mean because they make fun of easy mode is as bad as you being offended by those players....

[PLPT] pmgaudio 3,552
9,768 posts
9,356 battles
Just now, pmgaudio said:

I was wondering.... not directed at anyone in particular, but if COOP was not EASY why would just about everyone that plays it have 95% + WR. ???
LOLZ

I play it when a mission requires it, and to get a feel for a new ship... but to say that the PVP players that do not play it are mean because they make fun of easy mode is as bad as you being offended by those players....

JmhjMZ9.gif

LOL

[PLPT] pmgaudio 3,552
9,768 posts
9,356 battles
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

At first I read this thread as "Transanal" 
:Smile_hiding:

VS7zXjq.gif

• Cool 1

[SMI-1] Sere_Pj 38
170 posts
7,827 battles

Seadog Supreme, if you think Co-Op are all Retired, Kids, or What your opinion of them are keep it to yourself please, I am Retired US Military 28 years, and 62 years old, do you just assume because of my being retired and old that I am relegated to Co-Op play only, I rarely play Co-Op have been in Random for 2 years and when I started I was in Co-Op but with a premium Account, unless you check your facts first don't assume all Co-Op players are freeloaders.

• Cool 1

[SMI-1] Sere_Pj 38
170 posts
7,827 battles

We are all here in this forum to help the new players, not discourage them from playing, and things that discourage the new players the most are negative comments like from a chosen few here in the forum.

The sooner will stop telling the new players to quit or uninstall the game the better, we are here to help, if you can't then keep your comment's to yourself.

• Cool 2

1,197 posts
1 minute ago, Sere_Pj said:

Seadog Supreme, if you think Co-Op are all Retired, Kids, or What your opinion of them are keep it to yourself please, I am Retired US Military 28 years, and 62 years old, do you just assume because of my being retired and old that I am relegated to Co-Op play only, I rarely play Co-Op have been in Random for 2 years and when I started I was in Co-Op but with a premium Account, unless you check your facts first don't assume all Co-Op players are freeloaders.

You misread what I wrote. These are people who are likely to not have extra money for gaming. Most of them will be PvP, same as the rest. This referred to free ship missions where you could just buy the ship at start, and reap major rewards from this-ship-only bonus missions.