db4100

Damn Cheat Mods..."X on the mini-map" Mod

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

137 posts in this topic

Sabot, why are you ragging on me for the link?  I didn't post it.  I only quoted  the person who posted it.  And I am NOT going to change the quotes in my posts.  Deal with it.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:28 AM, Crucis said:

It's not that simple, Trout.  You can  say that you know where your shells are aimed, but IMO, no one is that good that they KNOW with 100% accuracy where they're aimed, unless you just happen to see the enemy ship disappear and hold your aim point on that exact spot.  If you didn't have this and you tried to aim your guns at a very specific spot on the minimap may kilometers distant, I seriously doubt that even the best unicum could guarantee that their aim was 100% perfect.   Therefore, IMO, this mod is a cheat.

*IF* The last known Icons on the minimap were to scale - you might have a leg to stand on. As is, nothing ship related on the minimap is a scale representation, ergo there's no way to actually improve accuracy or be "100% perfect". 

At best all this mod does is present an alternate view of what's already available on your reticle - an educated guess of where your shells will land. After you fire, RNG and dispersion will do the rest and you *might* get a hit.

Does it present some incentive for lazy players who don't move once contact is lost to actually move? Yes.

Is it an "I win" button? Absolutely not.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, db4100 said:

I called out a player whom blasted my DD while hidden smoke, his buddy whom he was in a division with (and in the same clan) defended him by saying "almost all DDs move backwards after hiding in smoke, so you were easy to hit".  I don't recall what clan they belonged to, but that is when it jarred my memory about this mod.  I wasn't even shooting my guns, and I was intent on just staying "invisible" at about 6km away from enemies, but with that mod all he had to do is line up the "X" a little behind where my "last seen" silhouette was....and wham, bam, thank you ma'am.   Even with a spotter plane it is hard to gauge depth in a smoke screen for proper shot placement at an invisible target, as most of you already know.

So for you guys saying that this is not a cheat, then tell me how you can shoot 20km and hit a area where there is nothing to aim at except to move an X on to a silhouette that is on the mini-map for a last seen enemy.  Or hit anywhere in the empty ocean in a certain spot.  Sorry, but it can't be done without this mod.  And if it can't be done with the unassisted eyeball, then it is a cheat.  Otherwise WG needs to replace the aiming reticle with a small circle on the ocean's surface that would indicate where your rounds will impact.  Then that mod wouldn't be a cheat.

Another fix would be to make this mod included into the game as a standard feature so that everyone can use it, and be aware of it.

db Altho you, and I will get flak for this, it is a cheat. WG/NA do not impress me, I figure there are limitations to what they can control, The o0nly way to stop this kinda thing is to ban mods. Period. Sure the non ability unicoms are gonna [edited] 'cos they are gonna have to LEARN to play the game w/o mods  aka cheats. God bless Dixie and CV's and folks like y/self.

-> This is just a reminder, as many seem to comment after reading the last three responses and thus believe themselves informed enough to yap about a subject. <-

The mod(dification) being talked about is

distributed BY WARGAMING.

-> This concludes this reminder <-