You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warpath_33

Leander is so refreshing

31 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,520 posts
19,366 battles

If you like cruiser play, you will love Fiji. She is so nimble and quick, a real joy to play. IMHO she is the only tier 7 cruiser that is a keeper. She has crap for armor but if you play cruisers, you kind of expect that. 

[O_O]
Members
4,835 posts
10,598 battles
14 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Fiji aint just "good", she's excellent! I consider Fiji to be the best Brit Cruiser. (I've run the Brit Cruiser line up to tier 9) I still like my Leander but after driving Fiji, Leander seems sub-par.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy driving Fiji. :cap_like:

Fiji is a total monster.  Belfast is widely considered to be blatantly OP and was therefore permanently removed from sale.  Fiji doesn't have Belfast's HE or radar, but she does have torps and a heal.  My success with each is about the same, and I wreck with them.  Therefore, Fiji is also OP. 

Did you miss your chance to get Belfast and are pissed about it?  Get Fiji.  Same same.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,259 battles

The Mighty Lee is a deadly ship in her tier. She can absolutely dominate the missions and same tier matches, and can still be useful in bottom tier hunting DDs.  The entire line forces a player to grow past the 'hurr durr spam HE to win' mentality to actually looking for targets of opportunity while avoiding serious threats or at least liting them for the rest of the team to handle.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,969 posts
5,465 battles
On 04/12/2017 at 9:41 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Unless by Hell freezing over I actually managed to smoke up and still have someone spotting for me, (the number of times I've done so and had the player spotting for me die or go behind a rock would boggle your mind,)

This has happened to me with depressing regularity over the past few days, in every British cruiser I still own (T4-7). I look behind me on the minimap and there is at least one and often more friendly ship of cruiser size or up. I slow, smoke, turn to open my full gun arcs... and my targets vanish. By the time they are close enough to be visible again, or spotting is re-established, nearly all my smoke time is gone and leaving it is death. And my backup is no longer there.

The real worry I've found in the last couple of days is that I am getting found and focused IN SMOKE with sickening and depressing regularity; some of it is radar ships or ones with really long range hydro, for sure, but there are times I wonder about that grey-area X-marks-the-spot aiming mod. As soon as I've got a couple of spare captain points, I am going to spec the smokescreen expert skill.

[B_O_W]
Members
320 posts
6,078 battles

I have the Leander and just got my Captain to 10 points!  Great ship!  Love the smoke, repair, sonar, torps and good rate fo fire with the guns.  All other Tier 6 are not up to snuff in comparison to this one (or should I say, I fit this ships style much better than the US, Japanese, German, or Russian tier 6 cruisers that I have played.). My captain points on this ship so far are:

(1) Priority Target, (2) Expert Marksman, (3) Superintendent, (4) Concealment Expert

With the latest being CE, I should be a bit more effective.  Now to enjoy the grind to get the Fiji!  The Leander may be a better Tier 6 keeper than what ever happens with the US cruiser split that is going to happen.  Sigh, when I get the Fiji, will need to start with a new captain all over again!   Or, move this one to the Fiji and get a new rookie in the Leander!  Interesting possibilities!

On 1/1/2018 at 1:56 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This has happened to me with depressing regularity over the past few days, in every British cruiser I still own (T4-7). I look behind me on the minimap and there is at least one and often more friendly ship of cruiser size or up. I slow, smoke, turn to open my full gun arcs... and my targets vanish. By the time they are close enough to be visible again, or spotting is re-established, nearly all my smoke time is gone and leaving it is death. And my backup is no longer there.

The real worry I've found in the last couple of days is that I am getting found and focused IN SMOKE with sickening and depressing regularity; some of it is radar ships or ones with really long range hydro, for sure, but there are times I wonder about that grey-area X-marks-the-spot aiming mod. As soon as I've got a couple of spare captain points, I am going to spec the smokescreen expert skill.

Getting the smoke expert skill is not a bad idea for the UK cruiser line, starting with the Leander.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,969 posts
5,465 battles

It depends on how many points he has on him. At three or four, the retraining cost is not very high; by the time you are approaching six or more captain points, the retraining cost is such that unless you're happy to spend Doubloons, you have premium time and lots of XP camo & flags you're not afraid to spend, or you have a 19pt captain generating lots of elite commander XP, it can sometimes be better to start over again, pay the extra for a 1-point captain on your ship and build from there.

I got, and many others may have got (maybe everyone got) 24 premium hours for Lunar New Year last night. If today is your lucky free day, now would be a good time to grind the hell out of the Leander, and maybe pick up a French crate or two along the way. Those missions expire 2 March, which gives you an idea as to when the French BB's drop as mainline ships. Get yours with a port slot while you can (if WG is kind to you), but be aware that their quests are BASE XP and premium time may not count for much.