Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gorduroy

Christmas Ship Sales

14 comments in this topic

Gorduroy    0

Just wondering, based on previous years, do you expect the Scharnhorst to be on sale? Because I'm a relatively new player I'm more interested in getting a 6 or 10 point captain with it. Same for the Giulio Cesare.

Thanks

Early signs are pointing to Scharnhorst being a part of an event around Christmas, so possible. Though none of us really know.

It's looking like the Christmas event is gonn be Duke of York, with the Battle of North Cape (Scharnhorst, Duke of York, Belfast) playing into another campaign possibly at the same time.

Umikami    1,209

do yourself a really huge favor and do not get a Scharnhorst (or a Guilio Cesare) until you own, and have a decent captain in, a BB of the same tier, and in the case of scharn, the same nation. You have no idea how many forum posts I've seen where some player who hasn't learned the game at higher tiers buys a great premium ship, gets roached in it multiple times, and comes back complaining what a rip-off it was.

please learn to play higher tiers before you buy high tier premium ships.

• Cool 2

Gorduroy    0

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have no interest in grabbing a higher tier premium and crapping the bed. I have a Gneisenau with a 12 point captain and a few other tier 7's and 8's so I'm not a complete newb. The German BB's are the first BB line that I enjoy, I  seem to be a DD main, but the German BB's are fun for me. Although these new gimmicky PA DD's seem as ridiculous as the RN BB's, so I hope I I stay interested in this game. Enjoying it a lot so far, so hope to continue up enjoyable lines.

Edited by Gorduroy

Tigershark87    29

I'm a new player, but I made my first premium ship purchase last week when they offered the doubloon discount on certain ships.. In this case I bought the = Scharnhorst and am totally in love with the ship.. Every battle I use her in I have a great time.. best purchase I've made so far by playing this game :) 

Just finished the latest scenario .. ship is a beast with high captain. 

If you do end up buying the ship, I'm sure you'll love it as well :) 

Screenshot 2017-12-01 23.42.18.png

Screenshot 2017-12-01 23.42.21.png

Edited by Tigershark87

KingCakeBaby    211

It isn't the Scharn but given how much fun I'm having with her sister (still stock and an 11 point captain) I think I'll probably splurge as well. shot-17_12.01_22_32.39-0691.thumb.jpg.cbe643cee065857739c6196cd0dfb185.jpg

hangglide42    275
4 hours ago, TheGreyGhost91 said:

Early signs are pointing to Scharnhorst being a part of an event around Christmas, so possible. Though none of us really know.

It's looking like the Christmas event is gonn be Duke of York, with the Battle of North Cape (Scharnhorst, Duke of York, Belfast) playing into another campaign possibly at the same time.

Gorduroy - GreyGhost has WG’s pattern down pretty well.  WG often promos ships on anniversaries of famous events/battles in their Premium shop.  

They are returning the Graf Spee to the shop for the Battle of River Plate anniversary in mid-Dec as evidence of this.  

The Xmas/New Year’s Campaign is likely to be the famous Battle of North Cape highlighting the new BB WG is releasing, the Duke of York.   The main opponent in this BB was the Scharnhorst so if I were to wager, you’ll see the Scharn in the shop (the Duke of York will be the Campaign reward ship, possibly w/ a special cammo too - but WG also will sell this ship in the Premium Shop (w/o having to complete the Campaign).

In 2016, there was a release at the end-of-Nov and the next release the week before Xmas introduced the Santa’s Convoy missions.  2017 appears to follow a similar pattern with the Pan-Asian release at the end of Nov.  If the schedule holds, there should be a drop on Dec 20th for 6.15 that contains the Xmas/New Year’s Campaign ... the Santa’s crates type sales should also happen around then too, if I were to guess.

Edited by hangglide42

6 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

How does Duke of York differ from KGV?

Early reports suggest she's hull upgraded, but gone full cruiser. (No repair party, Def AA instead)

hangglide42    275
7 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

How does Duke of York differ from KGV?

The short answer is it has better AA, if spec’d, no heal (yup - that’s right) & a bit more HP (if I remember this right).

Edited by hangglide42

Sign in to follow this