You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrKilmister

Out of body/ship experience

21 comments in this topic

[JASH]
Members
3,719 posts
10,400 battles

I was just in my second battle with Shenyang when thing a bizarre thing happened. It was very early on the battle and I'd just captured point B and was moving out of cap when suddenly my camera position froze as my ship sailed off into the horizon to disappear from my view and off the minimap. While I could still see the ships cruising away I still had WASD control so pointed he off to the back of a flank for a while then stopped her before I lost contact.  I shut down the game then restarted.  When the ship came back to port I found that I put her where she eluded detection and survived the battle - which was a win, BTW. 

I've never seen anything like this before.  I wonder, has anyone else ever heard of or experienced something like this?

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,741 posts
3,864 battles

I have had the game kick me out before when my ships was moving. It seems as if the ship automatically stops when it no longer detects your presence in the game which is a good thing to have as it stops bots from ruining the game.

[FFLY]
Members
43 posts
13,368 battles

@lemekillmister, this very thing has happened to me 2 times in the Test Server.  I documented it in that questionnaire they send out.  Evidently it didn't happen enough for them to figure it out.  I too was able to set myself up to reboot the game and get back in to a working ship... ONCE.... so I'm 50%.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,013 posts
11,057 battles

Happened a while back to a division mate and myself in Co-Op. My division mate watched his Bismarck sail off without him, in the general direction of the enemy CV. I had thought my game had frozen, except my chat was working. Apparently is affected everyone in the match. Eventually, my Division mate sailed close enough to the bot Graf Zeppelin to kill it with secondaries (having no idea where he was going) , and the last DD got within my Graf Zeppelin's secondary range after it had killed at least two other players, that were also typing in chat. Was a really weird game. Had no control of my aircraft, other than being able to launch them (they would appear at the same location on the map that they were at when the UI froze. Couldn't order them to RTS and land. 

Members
2,901 posts
6,012 battles

Try this:

Right CTRL-SHIFT  then while pressing those keys on lower right bottom press BACKSPACE and see if your view comes back to the ship view.  Generally speaking you only get the freecam when you hit that keyboard

combination but something else happen. 

Members
4,034 posts
8,709 battles

I remember, I was in the König, we were winning, and then a voice said "how can you play that mindfeck game after dropping acid?"

And then the screen looked like this:

Flashback3.jpg.48d437be149062dfbfa3ee845461a46e.jpg

And a voice said, ""Turn on, tune in, drop out...

and i stopped playing.

• Funny 1

[JASH]
Members
3,719 posts
10,400 battles
14 hours ago, dionkraft said:

Try this:

Right CTRL-SHIFT  then while pressing those keys on lower right bottom press BACKSPACE and see if your view comes back to the ship view.  Generally speaking you only get the freecam when you hit that keyboard

combination but something else happen. 

To be clear, I wasn't put into free cam.  My cam position was completely locked - W and S keys, nor using the mouse to pan did not work.

BTW, I also tried few things, including pressing M for tactical map. However, the overlay I got was not the map but instead some stuff I've never exactly seen before, including something like a bold white horizontal cross-hair line across the mid-line of the screen view and some tactical map related instructions location on the top right quadrant of the screen. This was all displayed over my still locked cam view in the battle. 

[JASH]
Members
3,719 posts
10,400 battles

And again - AFTER doing a complete reinstall of the OS, drivers including the network card driver on my Asus MB, and the WoWS game client.  BTW, WG's tech support instructions screwed my computer. Thanks for nothing WG support.

[JASH]
Members
3,719 posts
10,400 battles

And again - even now with a freshly installed 0. 6. 15 client, OS, drivers, etc.

BTW, ping and FPS numbers are always normal. No lag spikes indicated. 

Members
190 posts
4,117 battles

I had exactly this happen when I (finally) got into a match that I was having trouble loading.  I had to restart the game 2 or 3 times to get into that match, and when I finally got in I could move my ship, but the camera wouldn't follow it, I couldn't zoom in or out, couldn't use the mouse to look around and, while my ship would turn, the bar showing my rudder control wouldn't show up while I was turning.

Members
190 posts
4,117 battles

P.S.:  Like you, I also tried switching to the tactical map and got some weird stuff that looked like tactical map instructions..  I don't really recall a crosshair, but the zone that was infront of me (I believe it was the friendly base) started glowing green.

Members
240 posts
3,811 battles

rezzing this, as it's not just one instance. The camera backed out just before I died, and beforehand I was able to continue shooting. As is visible the shots and torpedoes froze mid-flight, the North Carolina actually re-appeared when spotted again.

Water and my ship on fire continued to move, however my ship did not sink. Shortly after appearing the Ncar stopped moving as well. When the round finished the map darkened and after 45 seconds the results screen loaded. Port loaded slowly, and none of the UI other than the "redeem container" which is in shot #3. Could not alt-F4, had to end process via Task Manager.

shot-18.01.04_02.52.46-0197.jpg

shot-18.01.04_02.53.16-0599.jpg

shot-18.01.04_02.58.10-0898.jpg

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,251 posts
12,568 battles

So there is so far no fix? 

I just lost another star in ranked due to this effing issue

Members
240 posts
3,811 battles
On 1/5/2018 at 9:40 AM, LancerUlysses said:

So there is so far no fix? 

I just lost another star in ranked due to this effing issue

No dev/Moderator has acknowledged this thread, or the issue as far as I'm aware. It's not in the thread of bugs they're aware of, and I haven't ever seen a red name in the "reading" list for this.

Members
9 posts
3,389 battles

Joining this thread since I'm experiencing the same issue.

Posted about it here:

I have replay enabled, so I'm going to try to see if the issue gets captured by the replay system.

[JASH]
Members
3,719 posts
10,400 battles
On 2/4/2018 at 3:00 PM, Foo_Fighter_ said:

Joining this thread since I'm experiencing the same issue.

Posted about it here:

I have replay enabled, so I'm going to try to see if the issue gets captured by the replay system.

I have a replay from the last time it happened to me last weekend.  The replay doesn't actually show what I saw or experienced when the cam decoupled from this ship.