You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cgbosn4

The word "Elite" makes a big difference...

28 comments in this topic

cgbosn4    19

Just won my fifth Pan Asian game & received my bonus of 129,000 commander XP.  Unfortunately (kinda) I was in my Loyang...  I thought it was going to be "Elite" commander XP (should have read it more closely) but instead it's "normal" commander XP and it's instantly credited to whatever captain you won your fifth battle in.  Oh well, I must say I like my Loyang much better than any of the new PA DDs...so far.

• Cool 2

Herr_Reitz    1,345

Yup - this blows HUGE chunks. I was looking everywhere in-game as to where the xp went. Since the mission disappears, I cannot read it to find the fine print that explains it would be given to THE commander you played when you won. 

My personal opinion? I have to say - I would not have wasted my time on the missions had I known that specific detail about them. You think everyone who ground the missions will be flogging more missions in the PADDs? I'm so burnt out playing DD I'm just as likely to ignore the line now - perhaps for a good while. 

Fine, tell me it's there somewhere in the fine print of the mission specifics you see in-game. If someone can screen cap it I'd appreciate seeing it. 'Cause I don't recall reading anything about it in-game. <le sigh> 

Oh well... what can ya say? Reading comprehension is underrated? 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

KhabarovskDva    211
3 minutes ago, nightrider760 said:

If it was a 19 Point captain would it become elite commander XP?

That's a pretty good idea lol

EasternSun    26

Wow what a waste. This mission started to make me hate this game and now this. Good Job war-gaming another Marathon that turns away your customers.

Herr_Reitz    1,345

Did anyone really know this before it happened? Can you point me to something "official" that explained it? tia fyc

awiggin    2,070
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Did anyone really know this before it happened? Can you point me to something "official" that explained it? tia fyc

Once all missions are complete, win five Random battles in Regular Pan-Asian destroyers tiers II-X starting Nov. 29, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) ending Dec. 31, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) 

Reward

One-time issue of 129,000 Commander XP, available from Nov. 29, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET), ending Dec. 31, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) 

Doesn't say elite, but still exceedingly poor communication on WG's part.

Vaidency    372
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Once all missions are complete, win five Random battles in Regular Pan-Asian destroyers tiers II-X starting Nov. 29, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) ending Dec. 31, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) 

Reward

One-time issue of 129,000 Commander XP, available from Nov. 29, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET), ending Dec. 31, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) 

How is it exceedingly poor communication if they put up a sentence that does not include the word "elite" and a bunch of people thought otherwise?  That seems more like exceedingly poor reading.

• Cool 1

centarina    784

I got it with my 19 pointer in sims and was elited xp.      used it on my second PA captain.  (I tend to like to have 2nd one beside the 19pointer) still trying to figure out the captain point. 

EasternSun    26

4 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

How is it exceedingly poor communication if they put up a sentence that does not include the word "elite" and a bunch of people thought otherwise?  That seems more like exceedingly poor reading.

Players are still torping DD's in the trashboats and your going to call out someone who used logic to assume that it was Elite XP?

Sovereigndawg    655
1 hour ago, nightrider760 said:

If it was a 19 Point captain would it become elite commander XP?

My thoughts exactly.

awiggin    2,070
39 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

Yes, I suppose if your local car dealer sells you a car, and says it comes with a full tank of gas, but you find they meant another car when you sign the sales agreement.

WG is known for their poor inept communication, so I'm unclear why you're defending them, or the foolish idea that whatever captain you happen to be playing gets the reward.....

The intelligent way to address it would have been to give 129k elite xp, and actually allow the players a choice...but clearly people like you seem to think that WG should be able to do whatever they want...with no repercussions.......:Smile_teethhappy:

Gascan75    417
43 minutes ago, centarina said:

I got it with my 19 pointer in sims and was elited xp.      used it on my second PA captain.  (I tend to like to have 2nd one beside the 19pointer) still trying to figure out the captain point. 

Ooooooooooooooh- so the completion criteria just means you have to OWN one of the tier 2 + DDs and whatever commander you're driving when you win your 5th battle is the one that gets awarded? 

I thought you needed to be driving one of the PADDs... 

Okay, well that makes things a bit more worthwhile then. 

Edited by ENO75

yashma    568
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

Then again.....I still put a sizable chunk of the blame on the people who misinterpreted the statement.  WG clearly said commander XP......and the reward turns out to be commander XP.  I don't really see what more they should be expected to do here....

*edit

I suppose they could have done a better job outlining how the reward would be applied, which might have alleviated some of the confusion...but that still does not explain why so many people just assumed it would be "elite" commander XP. 

*Also, if the mission can be completed with non PA DDs, that then might be a far more valid gripe to have.

1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Yes, I suppose if your local car dealer sells you a car, and says it comes with a full tank of gas, but you find they meant another car when you sign the sales agreement.

I think a better analogy is getting a coupon for a free hamburger, and then getting mad because the restaurant didn't give you a cheeseburger.  I understand where the confusion comes from, but at the end of the day WG is giving us exactly what they said they would....

Edited by yashma

Herr_Reitz    1,345
17 minutes ago, ENO75 said:

Ooooooooooooooh- so the completion criteria just means you have to OWN one of the tier 2 + DDs and whatever commander you're driving when you win your 5th battle is the one that gets awarded? 

I thought you needed to be driving one of the PADDs... 

Okay, well that makes things a bit more worthwhile then. 

No - you had to win the five missions in a PADD  or so it read when I thought I read it.

Herr_Reitz    1,345
1 hour ago, Vaidency said:

They do not state the XP will be applied to the commander of the ship involved in the "Fifth win". So to borrow your statement and amend it, "That's exceedingly poor composition." 

RedSeaBear    2,289

I also thought this was Elite Commander Exp so its kind of disappointing that its not. Although I can understand why they would just add it to your commander. Getting a chuck of Commander Exp does strike me as better than getting an 9 point captain that might be useless to you. This way the Commander you have gets a boost or if you have an Elite Commander it turns into Elite Commander Exp. I do agree it should have been communicated better. 

But what I'm wondering is can this prize of Commander Exp be effected by all those flags that boost Commander Exp gained during Battle? I only have one PA DD Commander, he's 17p ATM, and he'll get the prize. I have one win left to find out so going to invest all my Commander Exp boosting flags to find out. 

Gascan75    417
9 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

No - you had to win the five missions in a PADD  or so it read when I thought I read it.

I'm so confused- but that's how I read it as well. 

How did the other guy achieve it in his Sims Captain then? Or am I reading his post the wrong way? 

Herr_Reitz    1,345

Well i've verified it required a PA dd to complete it. So he may have been thinking of a different mission? 

11 hours ago, yashma said:

I understand where the confusion comes from, but at the end of the day WG is giving us exactly what they said they would....

I don't think it is possible to make that statement, because WG's statement is so inexact in the first place. There are too many possible distributions, even WITHOUT the expectation of "Elite" XP at all.

Consider a variety of entirely logical possibilities:

1. Proportionate distribution: You win the first four battles on Ship A, with Commander A. Win final battle with Ship B/Commander B. Commander A won 80% of the battles, gets 80% of the Commander XP.

2. Majority Rules: You win the first four battles on Ship A, with Commander A. Win final battle with Ship B/Commander B. Commander A won the majority of the battles, gets all the XP.

3.Final winner. (The current distribution).

They all have their logic to them, and are viable means of distribution. Couple this with it being a rather irregular thing for multi-battle mission rewards to be assigned to the ship/commander that completed the mission. I mean camos, consumables, etc., all those things regularly go into a common pool.

A much better analogy than the hamburgers and cheeseburgers would be that of the daily containers: If the rewards (flags/camo, modules, etc.) for collecting daily containers went only to the ship that completed the mission to satisfy the XP threshold necessary to collect the container, the awarding/assigning of the rewards would be VERY different, but would still satisfy "exactly what they said they would," wouldn't it? What if the module were not only available to said ship alone, but were automatically installed to that ship? That would be VERY different, but would still satisfy "exactly what they said they would," wouldn't it?

LowSpeed_US    33

Well in hind sight, and reading this thread after the fact. I should've sailed another maxed out captain to receive those XP into the Elite XP pool.

All I got was 3 points on my PAN captain on T6.

EasternSun    26

If your missions are setup Like NYC Street Signs don't blame the user base for misunderstanding.

Image result for new york street parking sign

Edited by EasternSun