You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
SuperNikoPower

0.6.14 - CV Changes and Game Balance Changes

137 comments in this topic

SuperNikoPower    4,417

After getting in and playing with the new CV changes, let us know what you think about the UV and Game Balance Changes in the comments below. 

Game Balance Changes

Spoiler

General Changes to Aircraft Carriers

We increased action time for the "Damage Control Party" consumable from five to 30 seconds. We also brought the probability of all aircraft carriers in the game catching fire from HE shells was brought in line with that applied to the stock hulls of tier VI carriers.

By introducing this change, we aim to reduce the priority of a distracting hunt for other carriers. In addition, the extended action time of the "Damage Control Party" will allow several squadrons to take off, even under a shower of high-explosive shells, though the fire chance when the consumable is on a cooldown increases.

7a217792-d3c0-11e7-a908-d89d6715223c_120

With that in mind, when Update 0.6.14 goes live, the following fire resistance parameters is applied to the top hulls of aircraft carriers:

Standard Fire Resistance Coefficient

Ship tier Before Update 0.6.14 After Update 0.6.14
IV 0.9001 0.8
V 0.8335 0.8
VI 0.7669 0.8
VII 0.7003 0.8
VIII 0.6337 0.8
IX 0.5671 0.8
X 0.5005 0.8

For more details about fires in World of Warships, please refer to the wiki

U.S. Aircraft Carriers: Changes to Flight Control

For all U.S. carriers, we'll remove the possibility to select Flight Control modules. These changes will increase the versatility of U.S. carriers while preserving their specific features. High-tier carriers LexingtonEssex and Midway (tiers VIII-X) are able to equip their squadrons with AP bombs, a new feature that will bring in new possibilities in battle and more diverse tactical gameplay. Be mindful that unlike HE bombs, AP bombs have a much smaller drop ellipse. They inflict more damage on heavily armored targets but cannot set them on fire.

AP bomb stats:

• Width of Bomb Dispersion Area: 51m
  • Length of Bomb Dispersion Area: 240m
  • Maximum Bomb Damage: 8,000

AP Bombs

79c2cc38-d3c0-11e7-8b92-d89d6715223c_120

HE Bombs

79e46a50-d3c0-11e7-b88a-d89d6715223c_120

We’re guided by the underlying principle that you don’t lose anything.

1 For all researched modules to be removed from the game, players will get Free XP in an amount equal to the research cost of those modules
2 For all purchased modules to be removed from the game, players will get Credits in an amount equal to the purchase cost of those modules
3 If you don't have a stock module that is to be mounted in place of a module that is to be removed from the game, we'll issue a stock module free of charge and mount it on the ship automatically

Tier IV Aircraft Carrier Langley

• No changes

Tier V Aircraft Carrier Bogue

Changes to Flight Control and modules:

• Flight Control modules Mk5 mod. 2 and Mk5 mod. 3 will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from your account
  • Module Mk5 mod. 1 comprising one squadron of each of fighters, torpedo bombers and dive bombers is mounted automatically, if the stock Flight Control module was sold and never purchased back, it is added to your account and mounted on the ship free of charge

Bonuses paid for researched and purchased modules that are exiting the tech tree:

• If you researched and purchased the Mk5 mod. 2 and Mk5 mod. 3 modules, then 580,000 Credits and 7,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk5 mod. 2 and Mk5 mod. 3 modules, then 7,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk5 mod. 2 module, then 290,000 Credits and 3,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk5 mod. 3 module, then 290,000 Credits and 3,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk5 mod. 2 module, then 3,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk5 mod. 3 module, then 3,500 Free XP is added to your account

8e7fde9c-d45e-11e7-a7fa-d89d6715223c_120

Tier VI Aircraft Carrier Independence

Changes to Flight Control and modules

• The Flight Control modules Mk6 mod. 2 and Mk6 mod. 3 will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from your account
  • Module Mk6 mod. 1 comprising one squadron of each of fighters, torpedo bombers and dive bombers is mounted automatically, if the stock Flight Control module was sold and never purchased back, it is added to your account and mounted on the ship free of charge
  • We added an option to research and mount the Douglas SBD-5 (dive bomber) module

Bonuses paid for researched and purchased modules that are exiting the tech tree:

• If you researched and purchased the Mk6 mod. 2 and Mk6 mod. 3 modules, then 1,060,000 Credits and 13,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk6 mod. 2 and Mk6 mod. 3 modules, then 13,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk6 mod. 2 module, then 530,000 Credits and 6,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk6 mod. 3 module, then 530,000 Credits and 6,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk6 mod. 2 module, then 6,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk6 mod. 3 module, then 6,500 Free XP is added to your account

8e84eae0-d45e-11e7-b628-d89d6715223c_120

Tier VII Aircraft Carrier Ranger

• The Flight Control modules Mk7 mod. 2 and Mk7 mod. 3 will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from the account
  • The Mk7 mod. 1 module comprising one squadron of fighters, one squadron of torpedo bombers and two squadrons of dive bombers is mounted automatically, if the stock Flight Control module was sold and never purchased back, it is added to your account and mounted on the ship free of charge

• If you researched and purchased the Mk7 mod. 2 and Mk7 mod. 3 modules, then 1,780,000 Credits and 23,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk7 mod. 2 and Mk7 mod. 3 modules gets you 23,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk7 mod. 2 module, then 890,000 Credits and 11,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk7 mod. 3 module, then 890,000 Credits and 11,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk7 mod. 2 module, then 11,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk7 mod. 3 module, then 11,500 Free XP is added to your account

8e86af9c-d45e-11e7-b9ec-d89d6715223c_120

Tier VIII Aircraft Carrier Lexington

• The Flight Control modules Mk8 mod. 2 and Mk8 mod. 3 will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from your account
  • The Mk8 mod. 1 module comprising one squadron of fighters, one squadron of torpedo bombers and two squadrons of dive bombers is mounted automatically, if the stock Flight Control module was sold and never purchased back, it is added to your account and mounted on the ship free of charge
  • We added an option to research and mount the Curtiss SB2C (dive bomber) module with AP bombs

• If you researched and purchased the Mk8 mod. 2 and Mk8 mod. 3 modules, then 2,840,000 Credits and 35,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk8 mod. 2 and Mk8 mod. 3 modules, then 35,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk8 mod. 2 module, then 1,420,000 Credits and 17,500 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk8 mod. 3 module, then 1,420,000 Credits and 17,500 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk8 mod. 2 module, then 17,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk8 mod. 3 module, then 17,500 Free XP is added to your account

8e855a84-d45e-11e7-8b2d-d89d6715223c_120

Tier IX Aircraft Carrier Essex

• The Flight Control modules Mk9 mod. 2 and Mk9 mod. 3 will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from the account
  • The Mk9 mod. 1 module comprising two squadrons of fighters, one squadron of torpedo bombers and two squadrons of dive bombers is mounted automatically, if the stock Flight Control module was sold and never purchased back, it is added to your account and mounted on the ship free of charge
  • The Vought F4U-4 (fighter) and Douglas BTD-1 (torpedo bomber) modules will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from the account
  • The Vought F4U-1 (fighter) and Grumman TBM-3 (torpedo bomber) modules are mounted automatically, if the stock fighter module or torpedo bomber module were sold and never purchased back, they are added to your account and mounted on the ship free of charge
  • We added an option to research and mount the Douglas BTD-1 (dive bomber) module with AP bombs

• If you researched and purchased the Mk9 mod. 2, Mk9 mod. 3, Vought F4U-4 and Douglas BTD-1 modules, then 7,320,000 Credits and 88,500 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk9 mod. 2, Mk9 mod. 3, Vought F4U-4 and Douglas BTD-1 modules, then 88,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk9 mod. 2 module, then 2,150,000 Credits and 26,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk9 mod. 3 module, then 2,150,000 Credits and 26,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Vought F4U-4 module, then 1,300,000 Credits and 15,500 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Douglas BTD-1 module, then 1,720,000 Credits and 21,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk9 mod. 2 module, then 26,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk9 mod. 3 module, then 26,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Vought F4U-4 module, then 15,500 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Douglas BTD-1 module, then 21,000 Free XP is added to your account

7b7a8e6c-d3c0-11e7-b88a-d89d6715223c_120

Tier X Aircraft Carrier Midway

• The Flight Control modules Mk10 mod. 2 and Mk10 mod. 3 will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from the account
  • The Mk10 mod. 1 module comprising two squadrons of each of fighters, torpedo bombers and dive bombers is mounted automatically, if the stock Flight Control module was sold and never purchased back, it is added to your account and mounted on the ship free of charge
  • The Douglas BTD-1 and Douglas XSB2D (torpedo bomber) modules will no longer be available for research, if you purchased those modules, they are removed from the account
  • The Grumman TBM-3 torpedo bomber module is added to your account and installed free of charge
  • Added an option to research and mount the Kaiser XBTK-1 (dive bomber) module with AP bombs

• If you researched and purchased the Mk10 mod. 2, Mk10 mod. 3 and Douglas XSB2D modules, then 6,800,000 Credits and 84,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk10 mod. 2, Mk10 mod. 3 and Douglas XSB2D modules, then 84,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk10 mod. 2 module, then 2,400,000 Credits and 30,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Mk10 mod. 3 module, then 2,400,000 Credits and 30,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched and purchased the Douglas XSB2D module, then 2,000,000 Credits and 24,000 Free XP are added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk10 mod. 2 module, then 30,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Mk10 mod. 3 module, then 30,000 Free XP is added to your account
  • If you researched the Douglas XSB2D module, then 24,000 Free XP is added to your account

7bebf34a-d3c0-11e7-8b92-d89d6715223c_120

Other Changes 

• Colorado: Increased the number of HP for Colorado (B) hull from 50,100 to 59,300, bringing HP into line with the ship’s full draft, slightly improved salvo accuracy of Main Caliber on Hull (A) and lowered it on hull (B) for better balancing the ship regarding other tier VII battleships.
  • Giulio Cesare: Torpedo protection parameter increased from 19% to 30%.

Torpedo Reload Changes

• Reduced the torpedo reload time for Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, Atago, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Takao, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi, and HSF Harekaze

Changes by type of torpedo tubes and ships:

• Type 8 mod. 2: Reduced from 76 to 70 seconds for Myoko, and ARP Myoko
  • Type 90 mod. 1:

- Reduced from 109 to 101 seconds for Atago, Mogami, ARP Takao, and Ibuki
              - 112 seconds to 101 seconds for Harekaze
              - 82 to 76 seconds for Myoko, ARP MyokoARP AshigaraARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Southern Dragon,        and Eastern Dragon

• Type 93 mod. 2: Reduced from 120 to 112 seconds for Ibuki.

We hope to increase the overall efficiency of torpedoes and make the torpedo tube operation more uniform by reducing the reload time as described above.

• Cool 2

Soldier09v5    2

The change to damage control (R) key, broke CVs.

i encountered a bug, that made the game think my CV was permanently on fire, preventing me from launching any planes for the rest of the battle. this has never happened before this update.

i've attached a replay, this is a huge game breaking bug for CVs.

(i dont know where to report something like this, but since this is a post directly related to CV changes this update, it is pretty relevant)

EDIT: forgot time stamps: 14:00 on mission timer is when a Pensacola fires on me and sets me on fire, after that you can see my planes are registering their orders, but they dont leave the carrier, due to the game thinking im still on fire? after that i am just a floating HP pool for the rest of the mission.

20171129_142022_PJSA011-Hiryu-1942_s06_Atoll.wowsreplay 

• Cool 1

nuttybiscuit    577

AP loadouts are underpowered for random battles that have a heavy DD presence, and of limited value versus enemy CVs. AP/HE switching during battles is still not available, why not?

As far as Essex is concerned, versus t8-10 targets AP loadouts are only effective and viable vs IJN and KM battleships, and heavy cruisers with light AA. While this can offer spectacular trollish results, the CV in this configuration has a comparatively narrower role with less influence upon the battle final result than with a HE loadout that is much more versatile, responsive, and consistent. In summary, it makes for less exciting gameplay with less interaction with team mates and less influence upon a Win/Loss battle result/

Also, what have the changes added to t9 and 10 gameplay that doesn't already exist at tier8 (Shokaku and Enterprise)? Answer, not very much.

• Cool 1

WanderingGhost    462

The answer is I am so angry with these changes to CV's, I can't use most of the words I'd like to tell you what I think of these changes.

Let's start with the one that's the biggest "Why!?" - the increase in fire chance. What were you people thinking? We are the only class shut down if set on fire - WHY MAKE US MORE FLAMMABLE. Because that change to DCP that let's us get off 3 whole squadrons that MIGHT take out what's shooting us? It was already pretty easy to set us on fire. Because we have the ET skill - News flash, though it shouldn't be I've said it since you put the skill in EMERGENCY TAKEOFF IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS. Unless the planes just happen to be armed as your set on fire, it's better to just have everything you can to make DCP cooldown faster. But than again, I still ask WHY IS IT A 3 POINT SKILL AND NOT A MECHANIC. Our strikes rival a BB, if they work, and takes us minutes to launch and recover one, why are we the only ones punished by being set on fire, especially given WE TAKE MORE DAMAGE FROM IT TO BOOT. Don't give me historical accuracy as an answer because that is such a load of one given some of the other stuff. You never should of removed are ability to fight when let on fire, least not once you nerfed our ships to hell.

And then we have the USN changes. 2 years we asked you for a 1,1,2 OPTION - OPTION. Something that if we CHOSE to have more striking power didn't leave our planes and fleet defenseless. Not take away our options altogether. And that was before exit strafe. Now, IJN ships, Enterprise, and Saipan just lock the fighters up, exit strafe so they can't move while strafing with the other, wiping our planes out. Not to mention the fact that we have 1-2 squads best trying to run down 6-7 squads. Forbid you put GZ in game with what I saw of the Test II fighters because their were enough planes in the group to butcher my Lex's planes when I was using AS which also seriously made me question if your design team even knows it's own bloody mechanics. Essex fighters stray near AA now they end up screwed because tier 8 which brings us to the TB's, which I and so many others said would be pointless because of their tier and the AA they face and guess what, we were right, they get focused and melted. Anyone with a calculator and knows the formula will figure that one out. Want some examples, I screwed up, not paying attention so while he got the fish in the water, a Midway lost 6/12 planes to my Freddy, and the last I saw only 2 were left from others on the way back. They never made it in striking range of my B hull not full built yet Iowa. My own planes frequently vanished and have seen the CV on the other ides as well. And the AP bombs so far my best result is a Bismarck that ate 50% of it's health on 1 strike, the other 50 on the next. Otherwise, mostly overpens, maybe a couple full, once in a while a citadel or 2 on a BB. If they didn't have such terrible accuracy I'd go back to the HE bombs, which, if DB's are supposed to be the USN thing WHY DO THEY HAVE THE SAME DISPERSION AS IJN OR WORSE.

And you still fail to address the plain and simple issue that USN fighters, one on one with IJN, are OP. It's like you tried to pull some workaround that was, is, and going to, blow up in your face. Why do you people insist on ignoring the problems and everything us CV players say? Ever occur to you maybe we have a point? AS didn't need to be removed from USN CV's, YOUR PEOPLE needed to actually listen for a change, stop being stubborn about the fact their idea of "flavour" was flawed, and bring USN fighters more in line with IJN's so that it wasn't as insane at stomping their planes, and maybe add the AP bombs but more importantly make the HE bomb dispersion lower than IJN's so it's actually different AND effective, while maybe increasing USN DB HP since they tend to rely on them, and you people have over buffed AA way too much to counter manual drop, another thing that needs to go because it's broken and at this point no good way to fix it. 

All you have done is make things even more frustrating, and made it that basically every opponent you face knows what you got and how to beat it. Meanwhile IJN you have no idea what set up they are running. And for what? And don't say "Well, this is phase one of our CV rework" because THIS :etc_swear: IS WHY YOU DON'T DO THINGS LIKE THIS IN PHASES.

Me and others said tier 9 planes on a 7 CV would end badly, it did. we said adding more ammo to USN fighters would make things worse, it did. I said making GZ a tier 8 premium would not end well and likely blow up in your face the day you leaked it and look how that went. How many of us said when these changes came out on FB that these issues would arise AND THEY HAVE. We, the CV players, players who know these ships, the aircraft, or both, who  know the gameplay, have been able to call these things, weeks, month's, a freaking YEAR in advance without testing, without seeing the video's, whatever stats you people look at, any of that, just simply knowing the game and history, so why is it you guys can't? Why can't you see these? Why do you seemingly ignore everything we say on how to try and fix the class we love and want to play? Why does it seem like we understand CV gameplay better than whoever is in charge on your guys end of adjusting CV gameplay? Every time you guys go to make a change, some or all of us point out how it's going to fail sometime before it ever even hits the public test - and then it does. Why does this keep happening? Seriously, why? This is not the kind of thing I expect from a developer like Wargaming, one that has grown pretty big, this is the kinda stuff I expect of some indie passion project that is literally all about the lone guy creating for himself, other's just happen to like it and give him money.

All you did, is gives us 1, tiny, barely worth it buff - AND A TON OF NERFS. AGAIN.

end of enraged rant.

• Cool 14

I tested the USN CV nerfs in PTS.

Will not be playing any USN CVs until these nerfs are reversed.

In fact, this drastic a nerf and alteration to an entire line makes me question how much I want to bother playing WoWS going forward -- anything I invest time and effort into could also be rendered useless just as easily in the future. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
Typo
  • Cool 6

Land_Warrior    59

I can't agree with the CV changes. During Beta I was a USN CV main, after launch I intended to grind the line to Midway before the initial nerfs. I personally find it absurd to give us ONE option on all ships when IJN gets more and vastly superior options. What needs to happen before the supposed "rework" sets in is to restore the USN line to its state at launch, immediately post CBT. It still wasn't balanced but it's miles better that what we have now and at least USN ships had a chance especially at higher tiers. If it's going to take a while to properly balance things than this is the least you can do. You can't call 1 flight module at each tier and high tier ships with lower tier planes more "versatile" especially if you refuse to change the other line in the same manner. WG should be ashamed for trying to push that on us as a good thing.

• Cool 6

Im tempted to quit the game because of this patch. It stomped the last life out of the already worthless american CVs. I'd like to know if WG will refund the credits and XP we have wasted in this line? 

• Cool 2

Taylor3006    689

The lack of options is distressing, players want a choice. I am pleased with the 1/1/1 load out for the Bogue, just would have liked it as an option not forced down our throats. Hardly matters now, am tired of the crappy carrier UI, the fact you can not fly more than 4 signals on some of the biggest ships in the game, and the inability to switch between HE and AP in battle like every other ship that carries both ammo types can do.... All my carriers can rust in port until they settle on the bottom, I just don't care anymore. You people at Wargaming keep making the game you want to play, don't worry about input from us players. It isn't like we are important to YOUR game. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 4

FallenZulu    468

Honestly, if you want to push the DB flavor for the USN CV's, then at least give us the option to switch between AP or HE bombs within a match because AP bombs are SEVERELY limiting in their usage. Sure they are good at what they do but they are still inferior to what HE bombs can reliably do to every ship and the IJN CV's are still more competitive due to their flexibility in that regard. Just allow us to be FLEXIBLE like real life CV's.

It's in some ways a step in the right direction as now we have more of a balance load out but you guys just keep missing the underlying issues regarding the whole class in general as many other people have stated many times before.

• Cool 4

LadyJess    111

A very bad and horrible idea to NERF US CVs. Whomever came up with this crap needs to get his or her head examined. Roll back this CV update and put things back to what they were before.

• Cool 1

I'm sure with every one saying that they Don't Like the CV change, War-gaming is not going to do a Dame thing and keep it as it is for the US CV line.

There's not a lot of CV play on the NA sever because there no fun to play any more and now with the change to the US CV line being as it is now.. yeah.

I'm loving the changes to the carriers. I've been playing for the past 3 hours, mostly in Midway, one game in Lexington, and 3 matches in the new scenario. the Scenario is by far my favorite out of the ones released to date because I can deploy ships like Kaga, Atlanta, Indianapolis, and so on. (all fun ships)

so far I have not encountered any bugs or issues during the 3 hours of play time.

VonMelon    10

SO far only bogue and maybe Essex got help here. CVs need rebalance. Give all CVS 1 fighter squadron like Zep Test 2 with 9 fighters. American CVS 1 torp 2 div bomb sgns.  Japanese 2 torp 1 div bomb sqn. Eliminate strafe. Add captain skills to allow you either best fighters, best torp bombers or best div bombers . This is how you rebalance and give players a choice of what their carrier will specialize in. Allow ingame switch from ap to he bombers with reload penalty. Allow torp bombers to load he bombs or torps again with reload penalty.( See Nagumo at Midway) . Thoughts guys?

• Cool 2

1 fighter squadron is not enough to focus on air superiority. 

There has to be an option for 2 fighter squadrons once the carrier is big enough to support 4 in the air.

How is this a nerf if all i see now are teir 10 us cvs? Did they not get the message? Personally not playing cvs recently but am trying to understand the changes before potentially trying cv again.

Just now, monpetitloup said:

How is this a nerf if all i see now are teir 10 us cvs? Did they not get the message? Personally not playing cvs recently but am trying to understand the changes before potentially trying cv again.

I'll never quite get where people are coming from with this "if a lot of people are playing it, it must be good" thing. 

Maybe people who've invested the time needed to get to tier 10 in USN CVs are out trying them out before they give up, since most aren't on PTS and even on PTS getting to tier 10 isn't instant.

Maybe the Midway isn't as harmed by these changes as the rest of the line is, since it at least gets to keep 2 fighter squadrons, and it still gets to upgrade to tier X on its fighters and DBs (TBs are still crap and now you're forced to take more of them, but that's only a partial problem compared to the rest of the line). 

is called BALANCE, soo  dont crying the battleship colorado get a new superbuff near 10k HP, the CV usn now make most damage per battle! 

Edited by rafael_azuaje

SCIVIRUS    2

Fire on deck should compromise AA or Defensive fire . ..im pretty sure no AA gunner can keep Focus with a Massive fire right next to him

SCIVIRUS    2

Fire on deck should compromise AA or Defensive fire .ye you can knock out AA guns but it takes to long ..im pretty sure no AA gunner can keep Focus with a Massive fire right next to him

smokey66    9

heya guys, they ran these CV changes for 2 weeks on the P.T.S., & guess what...ignored every ones complaints, very few endorsed this change, mostly figure this is a nerf, i for 1 have no intention of playing US CV anymore.

why they even bother to pretend that they respect the community , when they're constantly doing sh1t like this really blows my mind.

so, once again they made changes w/o any regard for the communities opinion.

i really hate liars & frauds, WoWs you are both.

• Cool 3

1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

is called BALANCE, soo  dont crying the battleship colorado get a new superbuff near 10k HP, the CV usn now make most damage per battle! 

What?

WanderingGhost    462
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Midway as said above, is likely the least harmed from this other than tiers 4-6, 6 with an asterisk. Breaking it down by tier -

4 - is unchanged and I think got a buff to fire resistance

5 - lost it's AS, yes, OP as hell at that tier but that's an issue of fighter balance still unaddressed, it's F4F variants can still mop the skies of the A6M's, possible fire resistance buff.

6 - very few used the AS option anyway here, fighters still tear up A6M's brutally, but took a nerf to fire resistance, so it can be lit on fire easier. However, some did run AS because they encounter tier 7 CV's where that is useful for avoiding getting exit strafed locked and strafed or dealing with higher tier planes generally and the numbers.

7 and 8 are both screwed as every other CV, except GZ test 2 that has so many fighters in it's one group it could beat USN AS on Lex full build, has 2 or more fighter groups, as well as just an overwhelming number of groups for a single fighter. Both are falling prey to IJN just locking their fighters and exit strafing, and then while defenseless and can't move get strafed. It's been like running Strike but with 25% of your planes not usable. They effectively took the air control situation and reversed it. Now IJN can easily control the skies, USN struggles. They basically made them even less player friendly and again, we get no say, we HAVE to play this way.

9 - Essex isn't hit as hard as people think on fighters, even without DFE they are still more powerful than IJN's. Where the issue arises is Taiho takes AS it can be trapped the same way as Ranger and Lex. The bigger issue, is the lone tier 8 TB group. Any player with half a brain will focus fire it and they are simply too weak. They do not have the survivability to withstand the AA they tend to see same as when Lex get's bottom tiered. But Essex sees those way more often. So really, 20% of your planes borderline on pointless, leaving you with 2 tier 8 fighter groups and 2 DB groups.

10. Midway get's tier 9 and 10 fighters and, like the rest has to watch out for the IJN AS counterpart. Otherwise, it's biggest issue is, again, tier 8 TB's but it's almost guaranteed to face tier 10 AA that they just cannot withstand. the bare bones 40 mm and DP of Montana is 475 DPS, HP of the TB's is 2065 fully upgraded if I remember correctly. That's 23% chance per second stock to lose a plane. That doesn't count a flag that offer's 10% to DPS, BFT that's 20% to DPS, the AA mod that adds 25% to DPS, manual AA that doubles the damage of the DP guns, the 30% DPS bonus to focus fire if you click it, that stacks with manual AA if you have it. Just BFT and focusing the planes jumps that DPS to 741, 35% chance per second. That's a 3 point skill that's multi-purpose and just having the heads up to click the planes. That doesn't count extending the range, the fact these planes are a lot slower and spend more time in AA or that Montana is actually not even the biggest AA threat to CV's anymore in terms of BB's, it's the UK tier 10 because all of it's AA is 40 mm and up, giving it excellent range and power, 595 at the same range Montana achieves that 475. I had a Midway try to attack my Freddy, he lost 6 planes to me, 6 more to other ships on the way in and out despite me being separated from the pack otherwise. Our planes are ammo, literally they are classified as ammo, and we have a limit, and cannot afford these kinds of losses.

Midway, of the high tiers, is likely the least hit just through sheer number of planes and reserve, but 7-9 were hit pretty bad, 6 depends on MM, 5 needed a fix anyway, and 4 is unchanged, but a lot of us are just that much more enraged we no longer get a choice, we have to play that way. Part of my rage in my rant above is that yes, AS was an issue, but they didn't address what made it an issue, USN DPS for fighters is too high for how many fighters it gets, especially with how much they have in ammo reserves, and that is why USN AS just dominated the skies way too much, while it also lacked striking power to help the team, which was really an issue of they needed to reduce the drop circle of USN DB's to be smaller than the IJN ones so they scored more hit's naturally, not just because they have 2 more planes (basically buckshot vs birdshot, or well, buckshot with 2 extra packed in) so they could be more reliable at scoring hits against ships, meaning a bit more ability to hit a DD, more importantly more hits on cruisers and BB's, that can translate to damage, fires and knocked out modules. But instead of addressing the true issues and implementing the fixes they should have put in before the game went live, they seem to be against admitting they made a mistake in how they worked USN's "flavour", and removed AS and took away our ability to choose, other than AP bombs that can have questionable effectiveness.