Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Questionable logic

2 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,052 battles

Dislaimer : this is not a whining post just me saying what seems....weird from my point of view

Soon Pan Asia will make their appearance into the game. Well, it's great, I always wanted an effective torpedo line. But something is kinda awkward. When player asked WG if they plan to change radar / hydro spotting through island, they said they will not change anything because it may confuse new player.. Fair enough i'm used to now but what about Deep Water torps ?

Radar and Hydro can spot through island. IRL it's maybe not possible but WG could just add some text on the consummable description saying "It will only spot ship if you has line of sight" or whatever they want to put in it. This way it would be clear and every new player will not be confused. Older player will just adapt like they are used to now. 

Deep Water Torps will not hit DD but from what I saw, I could hardly make a difference between Deep Water torps icon and regular torps icon. Maybe I need to pay more attention to the detail but in the rage of the battle I don't have time to look closely at the pixel to know if it regular torps or DWT. Let's say I face a Pan Asia DD with a DD. As an experienced player, I will know I'm immune to torps but as a new player, I will probably start doing evasive manoeuver thinking i'm smart enough to avoid torps.

To avoid new Pan Asia player to torps other DD, they added a little text saying they will not hit DD with these torps. Why WG doesn't want to do the same with radar and hydro ? Like putting a message a screen saying "You can't spot ennemi ship unless you have a direct line of sight" ? IMO Deep Water Torps will be more likely to confuse people than radar or hydro not spotting through island.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,423 battles

What? Something WG says doesn't make sense? No way!

Sign in to follow this