Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
armorama

Final Pan Asian Stage 4 op a bit random

12 comments in this topic

[MASSD]
Members
18 posts
7,858 battles

Is anyone else having trouble with this. I keep getting REALLY close but with so many elements I keep barely missing it. 

For reference this is the last mission due today I believe where you have to:

1. Win

2. Place in top three

3. Do 5k+ damage to BBs

4. Do 5k+ damage to DDs

5. Do 5k+ damage to Cruisers

Now I have probably completed this a zillion times in my 3?k games, but for some reason this win is eluding me. I have been trying for THREE days and played over 15 matches in a direct attempt to win this.

I don't know if just seems like whoever is coming up with these missions is of the mindset that they don't want to repeat older simple missions and they just want to make it seem easy, but in point of fact be harder. I mean 5k is nothing, but getting a game where you have equal chance to inflict damage on all three classes is not as easy as it seems. Well at least for me lately.

Thanks,

Jim

[MASSD]
Members
18 posts
7,858 battles

And (I just counted) I played 14 matches today and probably at least 15-20 in the prior 2 days so I was under-estimating my attempts quite a bit. 

I just don't think decent players shouldn't have to be playing 20-30 games for a single stage and almost getting it like 25% of that time. That is not 'fun'. It is seriously going to make me reconsider investing time in these events in future unless they are clear about all the missions in advance. 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,773 posts
13,589 battles

I was able to do this mission relative quickly once I gave up trying to get it done with stealth torpedo ninja dds. 

One game in my Blyskawica and I had meet all the requirements. So get a mid tier gun boat and support the stealth destroyers who get on cap. They should spot you some DDs to beat up for 5k. Than just run around raining HE one Battleships and Cruisers. Finally work in a cap or two and there you go.  

• Cool 2

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

I got it in three tries playing the Fletcher, and followed the same basic strategy outlined above. 

Hoped for a Domination mode game on one of the more constricted maps like Sea of Fortune or Warrior's Path since that will bring lots of enemies within range and give the potential for a lot of capping exp.  The game I completed the mission on was on Sea of Fortune.

Always went for caps at the beginning and exchanged shots with the first enemy DD I spotted.  Cost some hitpoints, but got the DD damage out of the way right off the bat, and damage to DD's is worth a lot of exp too, so it works on that requirement.  Take the cap too if you can, but don't risk sitting around too long if it might get you killed.  You'll never place in the top 3 if you die early.

Next, try to put a torpedo into a BB.  Just one hit is enough.  Won't be worth much exp, but once again gets the requirement out of the way.

Finally, just look for opportunities to shell enemy DD's and cruisers for exp, and to get the cruiser requirement out of the way.  The game where I completed the mission I saw a Kutuzov slowing down so I just aimed a torpedo launcher about one ship length ahead of him and got a Devastating Strike about 10 seconds after his smoke screen went up.  It was the only kill I got that game, but then I traded some shots with another DD, took a second cap and ended up finishing in second place on the scoreboard.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles

I think Red Sea Bear has the right idea for this mission - I had planned on using a Leningrad, Blys or Z-23 w/ 150s to do this, the trick being doing enough to get in the top 3.  Ironically, I completed this the 1st game after completing task 3 during the initial cap contest by double striking a DD & CL in smoke, then torping a BB, got hi score....in a Fubuki...go figure...lol!

Edited by hangglide42

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,909 battles

I got lucky with that one.  While contesting a cap with my Anshan, I dumped torps into smoke that an enemy DD had set up.  One torp hit and killed a DD, while a few others hit a BB that had tried hiding in the smoke.  While all that was going on, I put a few AP volleys into the citadel on an Omaha to kill it.  After all that, it was just playing like normal to secure the win for our team.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,523 battles
54 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I was able to do this mission relative quickly once I gave up trying to get it done with stealth torpedo ninja dds. 

One game in my Blyskawica and I had meet all the requirements. So get a mid tier gun boat and support the stealth destroyers who get on cap. They should spot you some DDs to beat up for 5k. Than just run around raining HE one Battleships and Cruisers. Finally work in a cap or two and there you go.  

This. I used my Farragut; it is a very versatile boat. Four attempts to beat the stage; two of the three failures were because the team didn't win and the third only had one BB on the opposing team and someone killed it before I ever got in range, which I couldn't control. Mid-tier gunboats make this easy if one remembers to make sure to fulfill each of the requirements; I could have done it just as easily with my Z-23 or Gaede (both of which have the 150s mounted that murder cruisers with AP, so it might have been even easier.)

Honestly, the hardest part was stage 2...I knocked out the 150k dmg requirement in a couple games, but it took me 3+ days to get the 50k dmg from flooding because I had terrible luck with ships either  having repair ready when I torped them, or having them die to other torps or gunfire as soon as they started to flood from my torps. I was spamming games in Kami-R, Shiratsuyu and Fletcher but couldn't get over 1k in flood damage in a game to save my life until I finally got to flood out an afk New York for 20k and finish the stage. 

Edited by poeticmotion

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
3 hours ago, armorama said:

Is anyone else having trouble with this. I keep getting REALLY close but with so many elements I keep barely missing it. 

I feel your pain man.  I finally did it by dev striking a lenningrad,, One torp hit on a Fiji, And 2 torps on a New York, in a shinonome.  Didn't even realize I completed it until the battle was over.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I figured this stage might take a bit of doing.

However, I got pretty lucky.  One game with Akizuki was all it took. 

I contested a Khab and Gearing in a cap (with help), DD portion done.  Stayed at range while smoked and rained IFHE on an Izumo and Montana, and set a fire.  BB portion done (only 7k damage, so not by much).  Two cruisers tried to re-take cap, put a torp in one, rained IFHE and AP on both.  We held on to win, and I placed #1.

[P2W]
Members
686 posts

Hit 4th stage on my 2nd try with my Farragut, it was the damn 2nd stage with 50k flooding that I was having trouble with as ships would sink before they could flood.shot-17_11.27_13_33_33-0481.thumb.jpg.28c5c48f81097e097a1f5f5afe49e3f0.jpg

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
648 posts
12,051 battles

I recommend you to make it on the low tier.

Was hard try on my all T8  but always something missing, because of radars and close range. After a week of hard try, i gave up.

I pick Kamikaze and bum on first time in tier 5 battle.

Sign in to follow this