You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Problematic_

Noob Question

14 comments in this topic

[LODGE]
Members
11 posts
4,294 battles

I have done some minor research and could not find the answer to this specific question.

First, I have under 300 battles.  I am pretty much done with tanks after 5 years and 28 tier 10's.  

I went and bought the American premium fleet.....and when I'm switching captains back and forth I have noticed that sometimes the crew skills are yellow, and other times they are white.  

In tanks, when you use a premium tank, you have to use the same class.  However in this game I have noticed that if I want to use the Atlanta, some crew skills are yellow, which I assumed meant that the captain as not suitable for that ship - and other crew skills are white..like my Colorado crew.....can I use a destroyer crew in cruiser?  Or a BB crew in the KIDD if the crew skills are white?  Just a bit confused by this discovery.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles

You can freely move any captain freely onto your Premium ships within the same national lines (doesn’t matter if it’s a DD, CL/CA, BB... Capt.).  If you want to move a Captain between tech tree ships, however, you will need to pay a retraining fee to fully activate your full Captains skills on the new ship.

Edited by hangglide42

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles

Any captains of the same nation can be used in any premium ship. You can even put a USN carrier captain in the Atlanta if you like. Now if you have a dedicated premium ship captain, transferring him to a non premium ship requires retraining. In other words if you have an Atlanta captain and you want to use him in your Colorado, he has to be retrained for the battleship.

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
390 posts
5,401 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Any captains of the same nation can be used in any premium ship. You can even put a USN carrier captain in the Atlanta if you like. Now if you have a dedicated premium ship captain, transferring him to a non premium ship requires retraining. In other words if you have an Atlanta captain and you want to use him in your Colorado, he has to be retrained for the battleship.

If I want to transfer one premium captain to another premium ship, will I have to retrain? Example: if I have a 10 point captain in my Giulio cesare, will I have to retrain when I decide to put him on the Roma? 

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
447 posts
5,487 battles
16 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

If I want to transfer one premium captain to another premium ship, will I have to retrain? Example: if I have a 10 point captain in my Giulio cesare, will I have to retrain when I decide to put him on the Roma? 

No.  He will still be able to fully use his skills in the Roma.

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
390 posts
5,401 battles
11 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

No.  He will still be able to fully use his skills in the Roma.

Thanks

[LODGE]
Members
11 posts
4,294 battles

Thank you for the wiki page.  Tanks was not hard to learn but there is a lot of detail to this game that just doesn't pop out at you.  For instance I discovered by accident that pushing H in battle gives you your ship details.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

In order for a captain to play in a tech tree ship, he has to be trained for it (or re-training for it).  During that re-training period, the captain will not have full use of his captain skills, and they will appear orange.

However, you can put that same, re-training captain in any premium ship of the same nation and that captain will have FULL use of all his skills (and they will appear white while in the premium ship).  He will also be gaining Captain XP for that tech tree re-training while in the premium ship.  Moving him back and forth between premium ships does not require any retraining.  When you put him back in his tech tree ship, he will again have reduced access to his captain skills until fully re-trained for the tech tree ship.

You can put a captain in a new tech tree ship, begin re-training, and then immediately move him to premium ships.  You can play premium ships, gaining Captain XP, until he is completely re-trained for the tech tree ship...even if he hasn't played a single game in the tech tree ship, yet.  This is one of the main benefits of premium ships...captain training.

Edited by desmo_2

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Incorrect.  Still have to re-train to T10.  With T10 you usually don't have any upgrades to buy for the ship (I think there may be a couple of exceptions).

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,867 posts
13,356 battles
On 11/29/2017 at 11:34 PM, CrazyJoeDavola_KiboshYou said:

Odd. I switch my Tirp/Sharn captains back n forth to my Hindy and GB all the time and dont have to retrain. hmmm.

Both Tirp and Scharn are premiums. 

If you switched your Hindy capt to your GB  or vice versa you would have to retrain them as they are tech tree ships.