Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrowsRevenge

4k Support?

11 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
138 posts
4,141 battles

Would be nice....

I went with 50 inch so at least the map is the same size as the old monitor.

[WOLF5]
Members
608 posts
12,012 battles

I think this holiday season will see a lot more folks using 4k monitors/TV's; so hopefully the Devs will find it in their hearts to help us out :)

[PBLRD]
Members
8 posts
1,321 battles

Good luck with that.  They got their audio to acceptable quality a little while ago.  The engine this game is built upon is not good at scaling.  My eyes bleed from the jaggies.  You may have better luck requesting HDR support.  Though many people have 4K displays/TVs that don't support HDR fully.  Many that accept and fake HDR signal, but can't render it.  Anyways, WG is not a AAA dev that can push visuals, they can't run with the big boys.  Granted, full scaled 3840x2160 shouldn't be too hard, but, this is WG.

[WOLF5]
Members
608 posts
12,012 battles
50 minutes ago, Drseckzytime said:

Good luck with that.  They got their audio to acceptable quality a little while ago.  The engine this game is built upon is not good at scaling.  My eyes bleed from the jaggies.  You may have better luck requesting HDR support.  Though many people have 4K displays/TVs that don't support HDR fully.  Many that accept and fake HDR signal, but can't render it.  Anyways, WG is not a AAA dev that can push visuals, they can't run with the big boys.  Granted, full scaled 3840x2160 shouldn't be too hard, but, this is WG.

Just so we understand; the game will play at 4k resolution. What happens is that the User Interface becomes extremely tiny. So, the botes look great...but the chat window, all the text, mini map, are all extremely small. Even with the minimap at full size, still just not big enough.

Beta Testers
1,159 posts
7,900 battles
28 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

Just so we understand; the game will play at 4k resolution. What happens is that the User Interface becomes extremely tiny. So, the botes look great...but the chat window, all the text, mini map, are all extremely small. Even with the minimap at full size, still just not big enough.

I think it's fine, but I run a very large 4k monitor - 43".    MiniMap size is fine for me.

[RDS-A]
Members
3 posts
7,740 battles
15 hours ago, Drseckzytime said:

I am not worried about tearing or such. Have a great 4k monitor with gsync and it does wonders of keeping everything nice and smooth. Would just love for the UI to scale along with ships etc.

Members
9,873 posts

The actual market is still tiny....most people don't have 4k, because they can't tell the difference unless they compare side by side....

Add to that us older people really can't see enough difference to be worth the money...:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,757 posts
9,488 battles
21 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The actual market is still tiny....most people don't have 4k, because they can't tell the difference unless they compare side by side....

Add to that us older people really can't see enough difference to be worth the money...:Smile_teethhappy:

Pretty much. For a F2P game, the number of people running 4k is gonna be a fraction of a fraction of the player base. 

Even with AAA games, 4k is a small market share. 

Sign in to follow this