Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EasyEight

Pan-Asia is Almost here 4/4 bug - not credited

9 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
143 posts
6,545 battles

Ok, been working on this Pan-Asia mission thread and just completed 4/4 which is to do 5000 damage to a BB, 5000 damage to a CA , 5000 damage to a DD, join the top 3 in XP and Win the battle.

I just did that in my Tier 5 Mutsuki and got no credit. I sunk a Fuso BB, sunk a New York BB, put 2 torps into a Yorck CA and then sunk it with gunfire and sunk a Nicholas DD. Came in #1 in XP and my team won the battle. So what happened?!?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles

Possibilities

1. maybe that you didn't do quite enough damage to the Nicholas?

2. glitch

3. The post battle results don't the show the mission as completed but if you go back to port and open it again it should show completed.

4. Is it still in your mission list?

Edited by warpath_33

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
143 posts
6,545 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

1. maybe that you didn't do quite enough damage to Nicholas?

2. glitch

3. The post battle results don't the show the mission as completed but if you go back to port and open it again it should show completed.

4. Is it still in your mission list?

Hmmm...the mission is still in my list, but maybe you're right. I didn't think the Nicholas was damaged when I killed it, but maybe it was. Buncha DDs mixing it up in the smoke, he pops up at close range and I put a spread of torps into him. *SIGH* This mission is not easy to complete...

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,033 battles

I had something similar happen, but my mission disappeared. Turns out, I got credit, it just wasn't reported on screen or in the awards pop-up. 

I found that the missions were really easy to do with a US DD. I used Farragut. Do a quick knife fight with another DD, kill it. Then sit in smoke and shoot at a BB til it's on fire. Then switch to a cruiser until it's on fire. Repeat. 

Even without a cap, as long as you're shooting the entire battle, you should easily get in the top 3.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,468 battles

Hey EasyEight - there was another poster earlier that seemed to be having a legitimate problem w/ the game recognizing the completion of the Pan Asian DD mission - in his case it was Task 4 of the Week 1 Mission.

When I finished the mission you're doing, there was a temporary glitch in the game recognizing the mission had completed.  I've had problems in the past where the game didn't recognize the mission completion until I exited the game & restarted the client.  In this case, the problem was transient & it did show proper completion when I went back to the missions listings.   Hopefully, this is the nature of what you're experiencing - otherwise trouble-ticketing may be the only option -

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
143 posts
6,545 battles

Thanks for the comments.. Closed down the client and restarted, still doesn't show the mission complete. Guess that DD was already damaged when I killed it. I'll try again -- I have been having most success in the missions in my T5 Nicholas DD and the Mutsuki since when I try higher tier ships I end up on the bottom of matchmaker. I'll try the Nicholas again.

[DRACS]
Supertester
725 posts
12,036 battles

That happened to me on the last mission too, but after I logged out and back in, I got a message it completed.  Never had this happen before.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles

Do you have a gun boat DD?  It makes the mission easier than using a torp centric DD.  You can pick and choose which ships to start fires on with HE to get that damage, then focus low health and dying ships to pick up the needed kills.  Add gunning down an enemy DD contesting cap right at the start of the match and it's 1-2-3 complete.  All you have to do is make sure you carry your team on your back for the win....

After struggling to get the 50k flooding needed to complete the previous mission, I promptly completed mission 4 on the first try in my Gremyaschy.  A Fletcher also seems a good choice for step 4 if you like higher tier fun.

Sign in to follow this