Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyperFish

Issues loading into game.

8 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
598 posts
5,021 battles

Randomly over the last week or so I've had issues where the game just won't load in for me.

I'm stuck on the loading screen watching as, one by one, the other ships in the match go grey as they're sunk.

The red anchor logo just spins and spins and spins. I know the game isn't frozen. I can change the tabs on the top, and even follow the match on the minimap

Anyone else having this problem?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Next time before you load into the game client take the time check the integrity of your client. Before you press the play button look at the top right corner and click the settings then click support then click CHECK. this takes a few mins but this alone should fix the problem you are having.

Members
3,400 posts
6,060 battles

Could also be local internet issues as well or hardware issues along the route or packetloss.  No recent patch in the last week.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,399 battles
1 hour ago, HyperFish said:

Randomly over the last week or so I've had issues where the game just won't load in for me.

I'm stuck on the loading screen watching as, one by one, the other ships in the match go grey as they're sunk.

The red anchor logo just spins and spins and spins. I know the game isn't frozen. I can change the tabs on the top, and even follow the match on the minimap

Anyone else having this problem?

When I've had this type of issue in the past, as soon as I recognize it, I kill the game client & try to restart it.  (Note: this is actually going to your task manager & killing the process for worldofwarships - DO NOT CLEANLY EXIT THE GAME  - this will leave you AFK & unable to reattach to it).

The game treats a killed client process like one of its all too common disconnects (if your internet connection service is flaky).  Hopefully, when the new client starts up the "infinite loading" glitch will be gone & your game will still be in an early enough stage for you to enjoy it (i.e. it doesn't take so long to restart the client that you're either dead or your team is too far gone...)

[WOLF5]
Members
438 posts
18,116 battles

If you're running any mods, remove them and run the client clean. 

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
598 posts
5,021 battles

No mods. I'm running a clean install.

The only thing that happened around the same time as I started to notice this error was a windows update, and I had to roll back my video card driver, but since I'm using the same driver that I was before the windows update it doesn't add up.

Sign in to follow this