You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skyman100

Help with maximizing Free XP

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
84 posts
2,094 battles

I want to do some free XP grinding so I picked up some papa papa flags off the store and now am trying to decide what ship I should use to grind the free XP. I have 130 of the new years cammos that give 200% free XP but I dont know if I should use my Tirpitz or my Yamato. Any help here?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,925 posts
6,423 battles

ive been using my Anshan(her perma camo give +100% Free Xp) and all the special flags that give Free XP bonuses(Papa Papa, Hydra, and Ouroboros), and its been working pretty well, as long as you have a decent game, even on a loss you can be getting around 2 to 3k, more if its an amazing game and its a win, i was getting 5k+ Free XP games with all the flags and Anshan's camo perk, but the camos for the ships last Christmas that increase the Free Xp are good contenders as well, namely Tirpitz, in the opinion of one of my clan mates, but my Free Xp earning ship is Anshan for the moment till i get a ship or perma camo for a higher teir ship that has a Free XP perk like Anshan

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,257 battles

Some good games in the tirp will do well if you run a premium acct. and run flags too. Still trying to get the hang of the tirp.

Also, Papa Papa's are how I got out of the Pepsi...sadly, I don't like the NO either.

Edited by toosonmike

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,407 battles

In general, I would suggest the following:

• Play a ship in a reasonably high Tier but one subject to uptiering - the reason why is that this gives you a chance to get more XP against higher tier ships (see why here WOWS Enjoyment - Earning more XP).  T8s are a very viable Tier to maximize XP potential - high enough to get a lot of XP+uptiering benefits, w/o the penalty of running costs for a T10.
    • Tirpitz is a good candidate
  • Run your ship w/ a FreeXP Bonus Cammo
    • A recent Cammo mission gave you special perma-cammos (50% FXP Bonus) for the Monarch, New Orleans, Kiev, Z-23, Charles Martel
    • If you receved the Tirpitz's special cammo from the Santa's Convoy Missions last year, it gives 100% FXP Bonus
    • New Years Cammo (200%)
    • Victory Salute (100%)
    • Storm WInd (75%)
  • Stack the FXP Bonus Cammo w/ flags w/ a FXP Benefit
    • Papa Papa (300%)
    • Hydra Flag (100%)
  • Play these ships on a 2x or 3x weekend period (recent Thanksgiving Weekend gave 2x XP Bonuses)
  • Certain premium ships like the Anshan give you FreeXP bonuses (100%)
Edited by hangglide42

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,542 posts
3,734 battles

Any camo that gives 100% xp would be the most practical way of grinding free exp, provided you have the flags to go with it.

200% free xp new years camo is actually not as great as you would think. In fact you would actually net less free exp compared to the 100% xp camo. That is because the papa flags is based on the final xp that you've earned in that battle after all the modifiers.

For example if you've earned 100 base xp, then the 100% xp camo would make it 200 xp which gives you 10 base free exp from that and from there the papa flags adds an additional 30 free exp (+300%) for a total of 40 free exp in total

Compared to earning 100 base xp, then with 200% free xp camo, your base free exp is only 5, then add 10 (+200%) for a total of 15 free exp, then you add an additional 15 (+300%) from the papa flags, and your total free exp is 30. See the difference between 200% free exp camo and any of the 100% xp camos?

Going even more, I found that even the Anshan with its 100% free exp camo along with its 50% xp bonus still fall short of earning as much free exp than any of the 100% xp camos. You actually earn as much free xp than the 200% free xp camos.

In short, use 100% xp camos if you want optimal free exp grinding. Again you need the flags to make the most out of it.

[WOLF5]
Members
438 posts
18,142 battles

Since Fxp is calculated from your base XP, put it on your best base earner. Looking at your stats, you'll do much better with the Yammy. 

Now if you got the Tarrnanstrich camo for the Tirp from last Xmas and aren't going to run any of the +100% experience bonus camos on the Yam, then you'll earn more on the Tirp. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,512 battles

For best FXP earning, take the ship you'll get the best Base XP in, and stack every possible XP bonus you can on it, including the daily win. Use Premium if at all possible (either purchased, or those free Premium days that are sometimes given out for missions or event rewards).

FXP is unlike all other bonuses in the game, in that it applies multiplicatively AFTER all other bonuses, so you actually get bonuses-on-bonuses. No other economic effects do that, except Premium.