Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Airglide2

So did infinite consumables go anywhere?

15 comments in this topic

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles

This question is relation to this topic here:

...where on page 3 YamatoA150 shoots the idea of differentiating the Richelieu from Jean Bart.

Out of nowhere, a thought came to mind.  "What about the infinite consumable Atlanta has on her?  I mean, what about an infinite Speed Boost consumable on the new French BB maybe?"  Before giving an answer to that, well, it's been stated more that once Premium Ships also act as test beds for new ideas/gimmicks.  I wonder, where does WG stand on giving infinite consumables to ships, like the Atlanta?  After her, there hasn't been any other ship with infinite consumables.  That may just be an answer right there, yet I'm curious.  You think WG just forgot about that idea?  What ships, if you agree with the infinite consumable idea, would you like to see with a certain infinite consumable?  Thoughts on all questions, please, thank you!

Edited by Airglide2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,385 battles

Every ship has infinite damacon :Smile_teethhappy:

EDIT: oh wait...

Edited by pikohan

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,453 battles

DEF AA seems like one that would be okay as infinite. Others, not so much.

Smoke: Hell, we got Pan-Asian DDs with smoke that lasts for almost an eternity (considering the cooldown time before the end of the smokescreen), and they get 5 charges when Premium, 6 with ST.

Speed: Now maybe this could work out, although on Khab it would make her a speed devil even more.

Radar and Hydro: Others can input here, haven't had much time on radar/don't have radar ships.

Now what made me thinking is that with all these consumables, it actually limits the game in a good way. Let's say if we get infinite smoke, they would be popping it everytime it went off cooldown, cause no limit. There's a set amount, so you can actually position in an advantageous spot, knowing your smoke actively works. Same for heal. Imagine BBs with this, healing back every damage, every major hitpoint. In the case of Conque, she'll be a real zombie.

[SYN]
Members
14,345 posts
10,218 battles

an engine boost that can be only used once, but remains active for 10mins :cap_yes:

[WOLF5]
Members
1,481 posts
2,042 battles
31 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

DEF AA seems like one that would be okay as infinite. Others, not so much.

Smoke: Hell, we got Pan-Asian DDs with smoke that lasts for almost an eternity (considering the cooldown time before the end of the smokescreen), and they get 5 charges when Premium, 6 with ST.

Speed: Now maybe this could work out, although on Khab it would make her a speed devil even more.

Radar and Hydro: Others can input here, haven't had much time on radar/don't have radar ships.

Now what made me thinking is that with all these consumables, it actually limits the game in a good way. Let's say if we get infinite smoke, they would be popping it everytime it went off cooldown, cause no limit. There's a set amount, so you can actually position in an advantageous spot, knowing your smoke actively works. Same for heal. Imagine BBs with this, healing back every damage, every major hitpoint. In the case of Conque, she'll be a real zombie.

Radar wouldn't really matter. Most of the time I don't use all my charges, I only run premium for the cooldown. It's a situational thing, really limited by the cooldown.

Hydro I think is similar, but I don't use it a whole lot.

I will say the infinite charges on the ATL is a gimmick, the standard five or 4 would be fine, usually a CV only needs to try once.

I run premium consumables for the cooldown. Only on heal do I regularly use all 5 charges. IMO, infinite consumables are kind of pointless (DC excepted). Because even on heal, very rarely is the game long enough to use more than 5.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,708 posts
9,376 battles

Speed Boost = French cruiser, t9/t10 GIANT KABA pew pew at over 40knt, good luck shooting me!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles
1 hour ago, pikohan said:

Every ship has infinite damacon :Smile_teethhappy:

EDIT: oh wait...

There's always that one, amirite? :D

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,346 battles

Remembers back in the day when every ship that had Defensive Fire had unlimited uses of it

• Cool 1

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
5 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

Remembers back in the day when every ship that had Defensive Fire had unlimited uses of it

Wow for real?

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,346 battles
9 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Wow for real?

Yep.  Atlanta is the only remnant of it.  Another thing, all Battleships used to have Warspite's DCP, then they nerfed changed them to the current ones, and once again the premium wasn't touched.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles
2 hours ago, Airglide2 said:

-snip-

I like this idea and there is a precedent for it as you mentioned.

and it would not be too overpowered too.

I could see the devs doing something like this for the Gascogne or adding unlimited DF for Duke of York etc.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
28 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

Remember when only USN cruisers got Def. AA, and that was the main perk around which their lack of torps, low speed and floaty arcs were balanced?

New Orleans remembers...

• Cool 2

[-K-]
5,817 posts
5,346 battles
1 minute ago, DerKrampus said:

Remember when only USN cruisers got Def. AA, and that was the main perk around which their lack of torps, low speed and floaty arcs were balanced?

New Orleans remembers...

Probably because that was the only line of cruisers in the game.  IJN had them on the release of the line back in alpha.

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
17 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

an engine boost that can be only used once, but remains active for 10mins :cap_yes:

Huh, interesting.

15 hours ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

I like this idea and there is a precedent for it as you mentioned.

and it would not be too overpowered too.

I could see the devs doing something like this for the Gascogne or adding unlimited DF for Duke of York etc.

Thank you!  I sorta thought the same thing, you know not being overpowered.

Sign in to follow this