Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Incendiary_Tanker

I need a few British names.

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

So its probably not a secret that I'm working on another AU story for a ship. I've already involved the community in writing this, but I want to have a little bit more of the community's hand in this. 

I'm looking for a name for this battleship and a name for two of her captains. Please, I require proper and serious names. Silly names will not be considered. A brief description about the captain's personalty will also be appreciated. Also if the name for the ship has a meaning behind it list it, but it is not as necessary...

2EYxjr9.png

I want to call her Sandwich but that's kinda too cutesy. :cap_haloween: Plus that's already a name for a another ship in the works, Opp spoilers! :Smile_hiding:

If I pick yours I'll give you a shout out when I post the AU. May the best names win! :3

[SOL-B]
Members
209 posts
6,724 battles

Sir Cooper Knight Commander of the Victorian Order

The Earl of Sandwich 

The Duke of York

The Baron of Middleton

The Prince of Bath

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles

My suggestions for naming this battleship:

I was going to say Tovey but then I realized this is probably taking place in ~World War II

Jellicoe

Beatty

Dreyer

Chatfield

Trafalgar

Hardy

Collingwood

Rotherham

Edited by warpath_33

[GRFOX]
Members
2,226 posts
4,521 battles

HMS Arkham or HMS Eldritch 

H.P. Lovecraft Cthulhu is the meaning

George Bly

Comadore Bly was 53rd in his class at the royal naval academy. Worked his way up the ranks over 25 years to command the 6th Argent Flotilla. Winner of the order of Malta on the short list of current navy officers to be knighted by the king. He is a commoner, and a hard worker. He is an excellent tactical officer.

Stanley Farnsworth 

Captain Farnsworth was 24th in his class at the royal naval academy. Son of a count he is your typical elitist officer of His majesties navy He Hates serving under a commoner. Wants to show up the comadore. 

Edited by GreyFox78659

[HINON]
Members
1,487 posts
14,548 battles

HMS Nike 

HMS Fearless

Members
321 posts
2,900 battles

HMS Bard of Stafford (CC)

HMS Beowulf (perhaps a ship built for a Scandinavian country and/or liberated from an occupied Scandinavian country, which was pressed into service in the Royal Navy)

HMS Chaucer

HMS Holst

American Colonies-class (named after the 13 colonies that became the US, received from the US under Lend-Lease [think DDs for bases])

HMS Falklands (CVE or troopship or amphibous warfare ship)

HMS Ascension (CV)

HMS Diego Garcia (CV)

[ERN]
Members
590 posts
8,196 battles

Here's what I came up with in terms of names for your ship;

HMS Birmingham                  

HMS Britannia

HMS Queen Mary              

HMS Queen Victoria

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
On 11/28/2017 at 6:28 PM, GreyFox78659 said:

George Bly

Comadore Bly was 53rd in his class at the royal naval academy. Worked his way up the ranks over 25 years to command the 6th Argent Flotilla. Winner of the order of Malta on the short list of current navy officers to be knighted by the king. He is a commoner, and a hard worker. He is an excellent tactical officer.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:59 AM, XXRed_DawnXX said:

HMS Britannia

Congratulations @GreyFox78659 and @XXRed_DawnXX for your excellent suggestions, your input is greatly appreciated! As for everyone else, your contributions will not be forgotten.  

I have just finished placing them into the AU and I'm currently at the editorial and proofreading stage. Keep an eye out for it!

On a personal note, I'm once again amazed to be part of such a helpful and active community who's members will take the time out of their day to help contribute to personal fan projects!

Smooth sailing everyone! 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this