Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Incendiary_Tanker

Operation Ultimate Frontier

44 comments in this topic

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Operation: Ultimate Frontier is the first of the new season of Operations coming the WOWS and I'm so hyped!! Finally a Japanese based operation! I'm no longer sinking my fellow countrymen! Oh boy, I might not even play randoms when this comes out! Ooo you think Wargaming will make more Operations themed around certain nations!? That would be rather cool instead of the current story less operations~ 

I might be slightly biased here but I really like the direction the are pushing with operations! This just adds so much more to them!

• Cool 2

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, Incendiary_Tanker said:

I might be slightly biased here but I really like the direction the are pushing with operations! This just adds so much more to them!

That is true, I am in complete agreement.

Another thing is that I can now use Gniesenau and other tier VII ships in operations lol. Was wanting that for quite some time.:Smile_Default:

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Right?! I love how we get to fight as the Axis now! Ohh, Maybe they can add in some French ones in the future to make @Chobittsu Happy~

I also love how they added Raptor back in this! :Smile_Default:

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,320 posts
Just now, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Right?! I love how we get to fight as the Axis now! Ohh, Maybe they can add in some French ones in the future to make @Chobittsu Happy~

We already had Dunkirk  ;P
I'm more excited to already see French BBs in the changelog/gamefiles~
(PS. Expect Mermaid's Wrath voiceovers for the Ultimate Frontier Op before Christmas~<3)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
5 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

That is true, I am in complete agreement.

Another thing is that I can now use Gniesenau and other tier VII ships in operations lol. Was wanting that for quite some time.:Smile_Default:

Gnies is a good choice for the op! Shiny horse too I think.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

Gnies is a good choice for the op! Shiny horse too I think.

Oh, that's nice, I love the ship! Unfortunately I don't have shinyhorse. 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles

The only tier 7 I have is Akatsuki. :Smile_sad:

Don't participate in operation, miss out on rewards. Participate in operation, get yelled at by team for bringing in a DD with meh aa at best.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
8 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

That's true.:Smile_teethhappy:

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, warpath_33 said:

Don't participate in operation, miss out on rewards. Participate in operation, get yelled at by team for bringing in a DD with meh aa at best.

Maybe shiratsuyu would have been better, but it's a pretty good ship. Don't worry about the team asking you for AA, tell them you have better things to be doing than being detected the whole time trying to destroy planes. :cap_cool:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
4 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

There's plenty of ships to shoot at, at one point you have to take out a group of dd's called whiskey,  after that raptor shows up....it's nonstop action! 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
Just now, toosonmike said:

you have to take out a group of dd's

Got it. I'm prepared to knife fight some USN DDs. Maybe I can try to torpedo Raptor...

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Got it. I'm prepared to knife fight some USN DDs. Maybe I can try to torpedo Raptor...

Yeah, but as far as I remember when I played it on PTS Raptor spawns at the left bottom of the Map. I think positioning will be vital.

From PTS, I remember some people wandered off( I admit in some cases I did that too) and though we got a good start, that action cost us the game.

It is a really good operation though. Will love to play it when it is released on the live server, next patch.

Edited by Silver_kun

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
1 minute ago, warpath_33 said:

I don't want to give too much away, but one group spawns in south, one in the north, and you job is to protect aerodromes in the north. There was only one very small heal circle on the north end on the pts....oh, I almost forgot the atlanta that spawn behind you in the north...tons of fun!

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
Just now, toosonmike said:

the atlanta that spawn behind you

So I can have a historical reenactment? 

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, toosonmike said:

oh, I almost forgot the atlanta that spawn behind you in the north...tons of fun!

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

So I can have a historical reenactment? 

Yep, it's tough op the first few times, but a lot of fun!

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I can't wait with all the T7's I can use in it.

Best I did was 4 stars, just enough to get special flags reward, and I played it a lot! If you spawn in the north, don't go too far south of the of the heal circle. 

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

my only problem is I don't have any tier sevens left in port the only one I had was the Yorch and I sold it to get the Hipper and it wasn't worth keeping anyways.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
7 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

my only problem is I don't have any tier sevens left in port the only one I had was the Yorch and I sold it to get the Hipper and it wasn't worth keeping anyways.

I'm in the same spot, sold my KG V to buy monarch, have enough free xp to buy fiji, other than that all my t7 are dd's.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles

It sounds like owners of the Atlanta will have some fun in this mission as well, I plan on taking it and possibly Kaga depending on how the OP actually plays out.

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles
45 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

I'm in the same spot, sold my KG V to buy monarch, have enough free xp to buy fiji, other than that all my t7 are dd's.

Sold a real ship to get a paper ship... Though I suppose there may not have been any choice. Think I sold Fiji after ten games; I'm just a rotten with it as I was with Leander, so why bother keeping it.

3 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

It sounds like owners of the Atlanta will have some fun in this mission as well, I plan on taking it and possibly Kaga depending on how the OP actually plays out.

Atlanta might not be a good idea; the way bots priority target means they love to splatter Premiums first.

Having said that; Kaga sounds like a good idea; I forgot about it, and was thinking about using Hiryu. (Basically haven't played Kaga since it came out; no point in my doing so with the current AA meta.)

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Atlanta might not be a good idea; the way bots priority target means they love to splatter Premiums first.

Yeah, after playing many a PVE battle tightening up my aiming I knew that ANY DD would be priority #1 for bots, quickly followed by whichever ship had the next highest ROF.  Based on ROF, the Atlanta would be right up there with the DD's when the AI picks targets.  Still, until you play the actual Operation, it's hard to know which ship will be most useful - eventually the most consistent tier 6 ships were the Cleveland and the Ryujo for the first 4 operations.  I imagine it will take a few days before the same consensus is available for the new operations.

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_kun said:

Same here! Scharnhorst, Fiji, and Atlanta!  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this