Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MattttChris

The Skillway tier 8 torp bombers

17 comments in this topic

[PNG]
Members
94 posts
6,420 battles

Hello all,

I bet you all thought this would be a [Edited] post about the tier 8 torp bombers with the new Midway. Well jokes on you!

The issue with ships like the Enterprise and other having lower tier attack aircraft is because they don't have the hanger to just throw them into the fight. The Midway does! However with tier 10 AA the tier 8 planes will get shredded and then they'll have to re arm. If you don't know much about the USN CV line they have very long re arm times which are a little much. Can the USN finally get a small rearm buff so the player isn't sitting in waiting for so long?

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

I think it might be a good idea.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,348 battles

The reason CV rearm times on shootdown are so long was because Midways used to just suicide their plane squads because that was faster than returning the planes and having them rearm.  I don't want to see those days again.

• Cool 3

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,722 posts
4,522 battles
4 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

The reason CV rearm times on shootdown are so long was because Midways used to just suicide their plane squads because that was faster than returning the planes and having them rearm.  I don't want to see those days again.

This is why I like you Tedster_

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
16 minutes ago, MattttChris said:

Hello all,

I bet you all thought this would be a Bi tch ing post about the tier 8 torp bombers with the new Midway. Well jokes on you!

The issue with ships like the Enterprise and other having lower tier attack aircraft is because they don't have the hanger to just throw them into the fight. The Midway does! However with tier 10 AA the tier 8 planes will get shredded and then they'll have to re arm. If you don't know much about the USN CV line they have very long re arm times which are a little much. Can the USN finally get a small rearm buff so the player isn't sitting in waiting for so long?

This CV "rework" wont fix a damn thing. If you want to do damage with your Midway, you'll have to suicide every torp squad you have. Tier X AA will shred 80% of the planes before they even drop. It's r*tarded.

[TF16B]
Members
8,055 posts
16,992 battles
13 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

This CV "rework" wont fix a damn thing. If you want to do damage with your Midway, you'll have to suicide every torp squad you have. Tier X AA will shred 80% of the planes before they even drop. It's r*tarded.

Then don't play Essex and Midway? Hell might freeze over first, but if USN top-tier CV play drops off to next to nothing, then perhaps WG might get a clue?

[PNG]
Members
94 posts
6,420 battles
23 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

There has to be a better solution than the 1:30 reload time there is now

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
18,689 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Then don't play Essex and Midway? Hell might freeze over first, but if USN top-tier CV play drops off to next to nothing, then perhaps WG might get a clue?

Agreed 

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,416 battles
28 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

That is what they will do with T8 TBs, probably.

[PNG]
Members
94 posts
6,420 battles
Just now, gcangel82 said:

That is what they will do with T8 TBs, probably.

I never like to use "probably" when it comes to WG and CVs. But the dive bombers should also be touched! The re arm times are crazy!

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,416 battles
Just now, MattttChris said:

I never like to use "probably" when it comes to WG and CVs. But the dive bombers should also be touched! The re arm times are crazy!

Dive Bombers are of a T8 for the Essex I think and T9 for the Midway, that is a slightly different situation, cause with Air Supremacy you get an extra plane for those squadrons. 

[PNG]
Members
94 posts
6,420 battles
Just now, gcangel82 said:

Dive Bombers are of a T8 for the Essex I think and T9 for the Midway, that is a slightly different situation, cause with Air Supremacy you get an extra plane for those squadrons. 

They are tier 10 for the Midway. And I don't know the calculation but I do know that Air Supremacy adds an irregular amount of re arm time to them. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,416 battles
1 minute ago, MattttChris said:

They are tier 10 for the Midway. And I don't know the calculation but I do know that Air Supremacy adds an irregular amount of re arm time to them. 

Probably breaks down the rearm time to what the original 6 plan squad is and adds 1/6 onto it.

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

Its all going to depend on captain skills.  In my Enterprise I can make runs on T10 US BB's and come out with only a few losses IF they haven't taken AA skills,  particularly manual AA.   If they have well,  it doesn't matter if you have T8 or T10,  your planes are going to get shredded.

The problem is,  no halfway.  Either you feel defenseless against planes or you eat them for lunch.  Its compounded by the difference in skill levels as well,  most people are average but the unicum can do ungodly things to people.  CV's...really need some adjusting,  as does AA.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
931 posts
10,345 battles
2 hours ago, MattttChris said:

There has to be a better solution than the 1:30 reload time there is now

There really isn't one until CV gameplay is reworked at the roots. Everything from RTS perspective, air detection, AA mechanics, Anti air strafes, to manual drops; all of it will have to be re-worked because the current CV gameplay model is fundamentally broken with respect to the rest of the game.

Sign in to follow this