You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sere_Pj

2nd Season Clan Battles

23 comments in this topic

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

I guess I decided to start this with the assumption that some of the community might want to listen or comment to it.

Here goes, my clan currently participates in the current season of the clan battles, half of us bought tier 8 ships to do so. The other half are tier 10 players and yes they have the advantage over the rental players. When War Gaming sent the surveys out before clan battles became a real thing we were asked about what tier and what type ships should be included in the battles, and as I have found out from many a player in different clans that they all would have liked the clan battles to have started at tier 6-7 to included the Majority of the player base.

We were are sadly mistaken by that survey, they did not even look at what we suggested, instead they went with the High tier players, and if I am correct the Mid tier players are the majority of the player base and most are premium players. When you run a battle contest that requires a player to purchase a tier 8 ship for around $ 50.00 in the United States it brings out the best of some tier 7 players and the worst of the tier 4-5 players because they bought the tier 8 having no idea how to play it then throw them into a tier 10 and guess what, even worse for them. To me this has come to WG putting money and making the Alpha & Beta Tester's feel good about themselves because they have the advantage over the new kid on the block that plays at tier 5 and now is playing a tier 10, which he has no business playing it.

Now here is my suggestion, before the next clan season begins, only include players that have a certain amount of battles at tier 7 or 8 if you go with the rental's again. If a player is at tier's 4-5-6 do not let them purchase a premium ship to participate in the clan battles.

Another suggestion that was thrown my way was a mid-tier battle of 7 players v 7 players in something like the WOT stronghold battles, we need something for the mid tier players to participate in so they feel a comfort factor and feeling like they just got seal clubbed by a tier 10 and now they have to fork over about 180K for service.

These are just my general observations from the past 6 months of talking to players on both sides of the pond and really listening to players in the discord general question's and chat, and also in the general forum.

Thank you for giving me this time to start this content for the forum.

Sere_Pj / Space Ghost

Commander [SMI-1] Sea Mongerz Inc.

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,230 battles

The main thing I want them to change are the hours that you can play clan battles.  I would like to see a wider range.  It starts too early for me on the weekdays.  Did they ever say why they limit each day to just 3 hours?  I would like it a lot if they would just extend each period to 4 or 5 hours.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
5 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

The main thing I want them to change are the hours that you can play clan battles.  I would like to see a wider range.  It starts too early for me on the weekdays.  Did they ever say why they limit each day to just 3 hours?  I would like it a lot if they would just extend each period to 4 or 5 hours.

I would like the same.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,189 battles

See I would like it later, so extended time on each end.... but all in all the season has been pretty good so far.  There has been almost zero toxicity, which has been a very nice surprise.  I would like to see variable tiers too, it did cause us problems fielding a squad.  The T10 requirement did light a fire under some clannies that didn't have their t8s yet, so that was a side benefit.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

And I do understand that a lot of the forum Players like it at tier 10, that is what they play on a regular basis, but the whole ( We are better than you ) meaning the rental players has to stop, it would be nice and more exciting if it were multi tiered I agree with that a lot, But WG in there infinite wisdom only listens to high tier alpha & beta players, so we have no say so with the situation, and the hours do need to change for the NA side of things.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,406 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_kun said:

I would like the same.

Same here.

Having played some with my clan I've enjoyed them more than I would have thought... the biggest impediment for me to play more is the poor hours.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles
5 minutes ago, Sere_Pj said:

And I do understand that a lot of the forum Players like it at tier 10, that is what they play on a regular basis, but the whole ( We are better than you ) meaning the rental players has to stop, it would be nice and more exciting if it were multi tiered I agree with that a lot, But WG in there infinite wisdom only listens to high tier alpha & beta players, so we have no say so with the situation, and the hours do need to change for the NA side of things.

Get T10 boats.... if you have to buy premium or spend money on free XP that is what WG wants. On top of that, there has to be a solid reason why people want T10 ships, if "being top tier" is the only reason, frankly that isn't good enough.

So no, T10 CB stay, it is end game with TOP ships, if you want to argue for a team battle with lower tier I'll agree with you, but not for CB.

• Cool 1

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

To a point I agree with you FirstOfOne, I did buy a tier 8 to participate as well as 14 other of my clan members, but we did it to have fun as a group all playing together just like we do in division battles. Just a little dishearting when all of your team is in rentals and the other team has no rentals, we know from the start we have no chance of winning, so we make the best of it. We as a clan play for the fun of playing this game as a group and have been doing it for almost two years.

[OGF]
Members
137 posts
10,393 battles

Why not have tiered clan battles simultaneously...like a T10 match and a T8 match that clannies could choose to form a team in?

I'd prefer 10 v 10 clan battles with a limit of 1 CV, 2 BB's.

My clan, Old Guys Fleet, has 40 mbrs and, if I'm correct, has played the second most amount of clan battles.  We can often field 2 squads at a time in clan battles.

The rental ship concept needs to be rethought...especially the "no camo" aspect.

My 2 cents worth. 

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
18 hours ago, pikohan said:

Same here.

Having played some with my clan I've enjoyed them more than I would have thought... the biggest impediment for me to play more is the poor hours.

That is true. The "Prime hours"aren't really ideal for quite some people.

I suppose Clan battles on Friday would be nice too like others mentioned and extended hours would be very nice.

Members
37 posts
6,200 battles

For clan battles, I think each participant should be enlisted in a single navy ( American, Japan, British, German, your choice....) and use only ships from your navy during clan battle season

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,286 battles

Please make round the clock battles possible as is the case for ranked, or at least much wider time frames. The current timing is incompatible with my time zone!

Edited by monpetitloup

Members
1,647 posts
9,728 battles

The game sorely needed end game content, since a lot of players are content to sit at T6-8.  CB had to be T10.  Maybe if this gets more popular they can open it to other tiers, but this is a very real burden for a competitive player.  I played in Supremacy League for several seasons at T8.  Having a few ships is not a big deal at this level.  The 19 point captains to be on a level playing field with the enemy ships is very taxing. 

I have had almost 2 years of premium time (still have another 360 something days left), burned around 1,500 restless fire camos, 1,000 dragon flags, and who knows how many lesser flags over the course of nearly 7,000 games.

My account at this stage can support CB at T8 and T10 with multiple CAs and DDs with 19 point captains.  The odd T6-7 comp/ranked I usually have to spend the dubs to move and respec something then pay again to reset it.

My efforts to provide my clan what they needed was a long task, and one that is still not complete as I still need a couple points on my Henri captain.  My point is that spreading out the competitive material drastically increases the time, effort and cost players need to expend to help their clan.  I like CB at T10.  I like the ranked rotation at T6-8, (although I crave a T9 ranked).  I do not believe the game has the population to run multiple tiers of competitive gaming at the same time.

I do think the times should be wider, but understand they limited the window to keep ques times low.  Anyone that has played the rank 5 bracket knows that while you can drop anytime, you often need wait several minutes to get synced up with a pool of players, and from that point on need to rejoin battle immediately to avoid the long ques again.  With CB running like ranked you will have dumb stuff like T1 clans playing off hours farming low tier clans like mad.  It defeats the purpose.  I like that T1 clans mostly only face other Typhoon clans.

[NNG]
Members
12 posts
7,562 battles

Another idea for clan battles. I think surprise in CBs would be a great element to add. Instead showing each side what ships each side has just show a ship icon. So if a team wants to run all DDs or CAs you would not know till after the round. I think it would be great in all games. Just show the tier of ship not name or what kind. 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles
4 hours ago, blkshp said:

Another idea for clan battles. I think surprise in CBs would be a great element to add. Instead showing each side what ships each side has just show a ship icon. So if a team wants to run all DDs or CAs you would not know till after the round. I think it would be great in all games. Just show the tier of ship not name or what kind. 

In WOT CW you don't know what they brought until it is lit. Heck you don't even see how many players or their names until each get lit or they type something in chat. I too would like to see this in WOWS CB and also that it remain tier 10 ships. Those of you who want lower tier can continue playing ranked battles. 

• Cool 1

[ZR]
Members
376 posts
9,159 battles

If you have nearly 7500 battles and do not own at least 3 T10 ships I'd be afraid to ask just what exactly are you doing then to play this game so much and not progress?

It's one thing to complain about a game that has a long grind that you go at it day after day and seemingly get no where (IE: War Thunder), but it's another to shoot yourself in the foot by playing only a few ships that you like which don't help your progression.

• Cool 1

[GROGS]
[GROGS]
Members
24 posts
9,825 battles

Does anyone have any clue as to when the clan battles will resume? Does anyone have any knowledge about the future plans for clans? Frequency? Changes? Any info about WoW intentions or plans? Why the hell does WoW want to be so secretive about something that seems to have been wildly popular? Would it really kill them to give us a little heads up about the future of the game. I mean, we are only the players that keep the game going.

Our clan has had a lot of fun with this - one of the best features WoW has added in some time. Instead of random idiots, I get to play with the idiots I know and like. I would love to see this expanded to more hours, more days. Keep it running continuously. We have a small group, only 9 members (we are friends that have been playing together on WoW for along time), and we can't always all be on at the same time on the designated days. It would be great if we had more times, more days as options. I think it would be very feasible considering the number of clans and players involved.

BTW, I have noticed that there seems to be a much greater level of civility and sportsmanship in the clan fights. At least it seems so in our matches. As opposed to most of the idiocy in random chats. Thanks to all the clans we have faced - win or lose, Grogan's Heroes has enjoyed the competition and lessons learned. A salute to you all and look forward to meeting you again.

[IN3PT]
Members
193 posts
11,198 battles

Clan battles should be tier 10 only. End game content is the goal. Most of my clan was able to get multiple tier 10 ships just from the rewards in clan battles. If you don't have a tier 10 yet, maybe clan battles are not for you?

Ranked should stay away from tier 7 until a few of the premiums are brought in line with the rest. Sims with xp boost and payfast/flint/Atlanta spam killed that season for me.

Tier 9 ranked would work really well in my opinion. Even with all the radar.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have said this in many of the Clan Based posts. Tier 10 only! The end gamers of WoWs earned this through long tedious grinds and thousands of battles. Those of you who have not yet attained  the proper tier should feel grateful WG allows Loaners to over tier 8 play. Call it what you will, but tough cookies to the few who whine about they can't Play CB. Get to the grind and make it to tier 8 at least.

Only thing that should change is the Hours {more} and Days {more}.

Add rules of Clan Hopping { Leave your Clan 96 hours No access to Clan Battles}

{ One Clan Change per season }

{ Leaders can't boot a player during Clan Battles Season }{{ Voluntary Leaving Only}}

{ Affiliated Clans Can't Battle against each other{{ XXX 1 can't battle XXX 2 }

{ Affiliated Clans must register with WG }

Clan Affiliations Get a 1% bonus to all Clan Extras { limit 5 Affiliates } If at the current Clan limit of 50 each clan  250 members total Affiliates  Can't meet your enrollment TOO F N BAD

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
92 posts
12,672 battles

I agree with many here, the hours of clan battle play needs to be expanded.   Even an hour on either end of the play window would help greatly in my opinion.  In addition, two game windows a day (early and late one) 

On 12/19/2017 at 7:13 PM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Tier 10 only! The end gamers of WoWs earned this through long tedious grinds and thousands of battles.

I agree with the above, however  I also feel expanding allowable CB ships to T9 and T10 would allow more teams to form up while keeping to the spirit of the statement

On 12/19/2017 at 7:13 PM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Add rules of Clan Hopping { Leave your Clan 96 hours No access to Clan Battles}

{ One Clan Change per season }

{ Leaders can't boot a player during Clan Battles Season }{{ Voluntary Leaving Only}}

{ Affiliated Clans Can't Battle against each other{{ XXX 1 can't battle XXX 2 }

{ Affiliated Clans must register with WG }

Also very good ideas, I hope WG devs are paying attention.

Edited by ReddWolfz

Members
4 posts
2,727 battles

IF you are kicked from a clan your oil leave's with you that would eliminate a clan from getting players just to get there oil while they play there better team players in a unfair manner then let go of the players that have been grinding oil it will force the teams to play all there players fair or loss them and there oil..

• Cool 1