You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ricky_Racer

COMPLIMENT ... ALWAYS

23 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles

I always compliment ... someone.

Doesn't matter if we win or lose. I always compliment someone. Sometimes two. A player who is unselfish, lays down a perfect smoke for a fellow teammate... A teammate staying behind to cover the base, even though they might finish at the bottom. A CV player who doesn't sink anybody but covers other teammates. A Cruiser or a Battleship driver who turns back just in time to help. A +1. Just because someone gets a Kraken doesn't mean they are the best player for that battle.

I always issue a compliment.

Edited by Ricky_Racer
  • Cool 2

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

That's nice.

• Cool 2

[NSEW]
Members
430 posts
8,271 battles

@Ricky_Racer, that is good to see. I barely see any Compliments given these days (not just me, but other guys I play with too). I try to do the same. It doesn't have to be in-game specific. I compliment if their chat is not toxic either. 

What I do dislike, are players who didn't grasp the full picture of the battle only to dish out negative Karma.

For example; I sailed to A, to B, then back to A. The disgruntled players complains that I didn't move from A the whole time. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,872 posts
4,757 battles

I compliment people who good human beings, someone kills me good, and even compliments or consoles, they get a +1.

You act like a total tato, ignore alerts from your team mates, ram me when I'm on fire with a sliver of health repairing, and then ram another ship and yolo into torps.....you get all 7 neg reps.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
523 posts
10,501 battles

As a rule, if someone gives me a good fight, I tell them about it in game and +1 after

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,429 battles

I use all my limit just about every day. Very seldom have I given a negative. Usually if they cuss in chat or go off on a teammate. I'll always compliment the guy on the red team that gets me or I guy that I fought against and he was good. I've had my karma go from 12 to 0 in 3 days and think "man I must have really been bad". Also had it go up and think I didn't really do anything great.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
35 minutes ago, KurganSPK said:

yeah funny how we run out of complaints each day but still have plenty of those left... use 'em up!

We do seem to have an infinite number of compliments to dish out...... I only use the report for a negative (-1) on teammates ending with a "0"  which I assume means they were "AFK" (though possibly no fault of their own so I don't blame them)

I figure if WG get's enough "AFK" reports, they might do something about it.

But yeah. I believe players who do well deserve a ..... +1

Edited by Ricky_Racer

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
27 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I compliment people who good human beings, someone kills me good, and even compliments or consoles, they get a +1.

You act like a total tato, ignore alerts from your team mates, ram me when I'm on fire with a sliver of health repairing, and then ram another ship and yolo into torps.....you get all 7 neg reps.

Yes. I even compliment the enemy if they play well. (I am no traitor)

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles
36 minutes ago, KurganSPK said:

yeah funny how we run out of complaints each day but still have plenty of those left... use 'em up!

Occasionally yes...

If nothing else; I seem to collect other players negative reports... Salty idiot, yes; self-admittedly; but apparently I collect them for other reasons as well...

Two-plus years in... My Karma has never been above twenty...

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
25 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Occasionally yes...

If nothing else; I seem to collect other players negative reports... Salty idiot, yes; self-admittedly; but apparently I collect them for other reasons as well...

Two-plus years in... My Karma has never been above twenty...

My Karma is a +1. I don't care. Salty players I just "right click" and ignore.

I guess there are players who get pissed because you sunk em, but if you use chat to degrade somebody, then yes, I can understand somebody giving a negative. (Something I don't do)

You can never tell, maybe the player didn't get any the night before. (Can't take it out on the spouse) So they take their lack of self-esteem on somebody they don't know. ie: WoW public.

Still, if we all compliment players who deserve it, we all come away better people.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,337 battles

I use all my karma points, - or +, most of the time. I give them out to both teammates and enemies. I'd like more of both to give out as so many are deserving of them, lol.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,738 posts
15,393 battles

Last  night had a Gearing who preferred to hide behind battleships yelling at me in my Hindenburg because I was 20km away from the enemy Yamato.  Apparently I was a female reproductive part because I wasn't 10km away from him getting killed.  I burned that Yammy down to the waterline btw :).  After the game, he took it upon himself to continue berating me...  then I saw it.  "You were complimented"  LOL

• Cool 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,628 posts
3,364 battles

Most of my compliments go out to enemy players, oddly enough.  It's sometimes difficult to gauge when a teammate is playing well, (except in extreme cases) but I routinely compliment enemies that soundly outplay me.

Beta Testers
1,491 posts
9,002 battles

So a guy goes into a bar before the crowds start to arrive.  The bartender serves him and moves down to the other end of the bar to get ready for the rush.  There is no one else present.  Shortly thereafter, they guy hears a voice saying, "Nice tie."  He looks around and sees no one, so he shrugs it off.

A short time later, the same voice says, "Your haircut is nice as well."  Again, he looks around and sees no one.

Finally, the voice says, "I like the color of your suit, too.  It matches your eyes."  When he still sees no one, he calls down to the Bartender saying, "Did you say something?"  The Bartender replied, "No, why?"

The guy says, "I keep hearing a voice.  First it said it liked my tie, then my hair, and now my suit, but I don't see who is talking to me."

The Bartender says, "Oh.  That's the peanuts.  They are complimentary."

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,048 posts
10,510 battles

I look at XP earned on our team and on the opposing team as a rule.  Getting 5 kills but low base xp in the match is possible, mostly because they snared the last 1-3k HP on a ship before it died.  Cap resets, spotting damage contribution, potential damage, doing 50-75% or more of the total of a ships health all earn extra xp besides the normal damage/caps/kills - and show an active and involved captain trying everything to get the win - not just the WTR.

When I give out complaints, I always try to give out an equal amount of praises - it helps keep ones attitude from getting too sour and self centered.

Members
159 posts
1,135 battles

Compliments for me usually depend on my mood and whether or not I notice the player doing something that I think is unusually good/beneficial. Also Krakens get an automatic compliment because they are  (for most) quite difficult to acquire.

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles
5 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

@Ricky_Racer, that is good to see. I barely see any Compliments given these days (not just me, but other guys I play with too). I try to do the same. It doesn't have to be in-game specific. I compliment if their chat is not toxic either. 

What I do dislike, are players who didn't grasp the full picture of the battle only to dish out negative Karma.

For example; I sailed to A, to B, then back to A. The disgruntled players complains that I didn't move from A the whole time. 

Statically the large majority of the player base don't see the full picture.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I gave up on the Karma good or bad like i gave up giving a f about stats. I place my attention to my game my team and my battle. Then move on to the next.