You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Did detonation give the same amount of XP/money?

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

Good question. Hopefully someone will have an answer. You would think it would be the same though?

nixon.jpg

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
45 minutes ago, injunmick said:

Same damage dealt should equate to same XP

^

This.

You get awarded for the % of hitpoints you remove from the ship, regardless of method.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Do the individual hit ribbons count for anything? If not, then it's purely HP%, whether over a ton of hits or one detonation. Of course if hit ribbons do count then you get more for hitting it more... but I have no idea for sure if they do.

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles
1 hour ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Do the individual hit ribbons count for anything? If not, then it's purely HP%, whether over a ton of hits or one detonation. Of course if hit ribbons do count then you get more for hitting it more... but I have no idea for sure if they do.

I believe hit ribbons only give tangible benefits when specified in a particular mission.  They are mainly an informational item.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles
1 hour ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Numbers of ribbons do seem to matter; have had high-damage, few ribbons games where xp/credits were low; and low-damage, multiple types and high numbers of ribbons games where xp/credits were quite respectable. (Cap and Defense ribbons especially seem to earn lots of xp/credits.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet