You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

US CVs and the mentioned Free XP

12 comments in this topic

[RAWR]
Members
393 posts

So in the new patch video it is mentioned that Free XP will be given out for researched US CVs. However does this mean that they also have to be purchased and sitting in port slots to be counted?

I have both the Langley and Bogue fully researched, however I sold both some months back because the grind fest to get to the Independence felt too much like me hitting my head against a wall. However like I said both have fully been researched, but aren't currently active/available in my port (not using port slots). So will this cause WGing to not give me the Free XP that they mentioned?

They did not specify this point, so if anyone does know then I'd appreciate some clarification on this.

Thanks!

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Tier IV Aircraft Carrier Langley

• No changes

Tier V Aircraft Carrier Bogue

Changes to Flight Control and modules:

• Flight Control modules Mk5 mod. 2 and Mk5 mod. 3 will no longer be available for research. If a player purchased those modules, they will be removed from the player's account.
  • Module Mk5 mod. 1 comprising 1 squadron of each of fighters, torpedo bombers and dive bombers will be mounted automatically. If the stock Flight Control module was sold and never purchased back, it will be added to the player's account and mounted on the ship free of charge.

Bonus amounts to be paid in respect of researched and purchased modules which are to be removed from the tech tree:

• If a player researched and purchased the Mk5 mod. 2 and Mk5 mod. 3 modules, a bonus in the amount of 580,000 Credits and 7,000 Free XP will be added to the player's account.
  • If a player researched the Mk5 mod. 2 and Mk5 mod. 3 modules, a bonus in the amount of 7,000 Free XP will be added to the player's account.
  • If a player researched and purchased the Mk5 mod. 2 module, a bonus in the amount of 290,000 Credits and 3,500 Free XP will be added to the player's account.
  • If a player researched and purchased the Mk5 mod. 3 module, a bonus in the amount of 290,000 Credits and 3,500 Free XP will be added to the player's account.
  • If a player researched the Mk5 mod. 2 module, a bonus in the amount of 3,500 Free XP will be added to the player's account.
  • If a player researched the Mk5 mod. 3 module, a bonus in the amount of 3,500 Free XP will be added to the player's account.

You could've played Independence in PvE scenarios. The grind there is actually pretty smooth. Just avoid Myoko and Aoba because they have Defensive AA Fire.

• Cool 1

[RAWR]
Members
393 posts
2 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

So while the Bogue is not currently purchased and sitting in my port, I will still get the Free XP for the modules I researched?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
34 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

So while the Bogue is not currently purchased and sitting in my port, I will still get the Free XP for the modules I researched?

While I can't say for absolute certain, since they are repaying you for XP "spent" on research I would say yes, you'll get the free XP. 

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,369 posts
7,946 battles
44 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

While I can't say for absolute certain, since they are repaying you for XP "spent" on research I would say yes, you'll get the free XP. 

This, it should be if you used xp, you get xp, you just get no credits obviously unless the module is in your port still.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
173 posts
1,280 battles

OK so I had both Langley, bogue, and independence and then I sold it all because I found strafing infuriating and stupid so I abandoned carriers all together. So since I sold it all for reduced credits from purchasing them and the experience I put in them. I definitely get all that research back in free exp for the upgrades and I get the credits too? But only for the upgraded load out's nothing else. Just want to clarify for my self from my situation.

[RAWR]
Members
393 posts
3 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

I took screenshots earlier today JUST in case they try to pull a "Oh we don't see you having put progress into the USN CVs" card on me. But hopefully I won't have to submit a ticket and deal with all that. Fingers crossed.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

I took screenshots earlier today JUST in case they try to pull a "Oh we don't see you having put progress into the USN CVs" card on me. But hopefully I won't have to submit a ticket and deal with all that. Fingers crossed.

It's good you took a screenshot, hope you don't have to issue a ticket.

• Cool 1

[RAWR]
Members
393 posts
32 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

It's good you took a screenshot, hope you don't have to issue a ticket.

You got that right. You and me both. Seems like a waste of everyone's time to submit a ticket when someone can just do their job correctly and everyone doesn't have to do double the work.

Let's hope that keep their word.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, Phasferous said:

Let's hope that keep their word.

Yes, Indeed.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,701 posts

Shame we can't get back XP and credits for the rest of the line, including what was spent on the actual hulls. 

Right now some of us have NO reason to take our USN CVs into battle.

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
12 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Shame we can't get back XP and credits for the rest of the line, including what was spent on the actual hulls. 

Right now some of us have NO reason to take our USN CVs into battle.

T6 CVs are still useful in scenarios, especially Operation Killer Whale where literally none of the enemy ships have Defensive AA Fire. Lovely hunting ground for Ryujo and Independence. :fish_cute_2: