Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Patch 0.6.14 looks great.

80 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,553
Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles

Just curious, but how does this...

 

"For all U.S. carriers, we'll remove the possibility to select Flight Control modules. These changes will increase the versatility of U.S. carriers"

 

...make sense?

 

Unless maybe they mean that removing any option to specialise forces all USN CVs to be more versatile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,157 posts
7,827 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Just curious, but how does this...

 

"For all U.S. carriers, we'll remove the possibility to select Flight Control modules. These changes will increase the versatility of U.S. carriers"

 

...make sense?

 

Unless maybe they mean that removing any option to specialise forces all USN CVs to be more versatile?

I wondered this too.  How does removing an ability INCREASE versatility?

 

"We've decided to help you and simplify your life, Comrade.  From now on you live in the Gulag."

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,704 posts
4,491 battles

This patch looks silly, for starters you introduced a line that can only hunt down cruisers and battleships...this only works out for the other banches that gunboat build.

 

Second whilst AP bombs are nice, air superiority is key...and from what I've gathered now is the time to run IJN CV's and dominate.

 

Pan-Asian destroyers? Did we really need this hodgepodge line? No...Italian or French ships shoulda filled their slot. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[HCH]
Beta Testers
853 posts
7,167 battles

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: why did they go to the trouble of cooking up an entire DD line around deep water torpedoes, with the express purpose of being better able to hunt capital ships, when they could've saved themselves all the trouble and just un-nerf IJN torpedoes?

 

As it was in WoT, Chinese forces in a WG title end up being copies/hand-me-downs from other nations' militaries.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,118
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

Sounds like a translation problem there.  I think they mean that the new 'standard' loadout will be more versatile than the other loadouts so you aren't specializing strike or air superiority and giving up the other side of the coin.  Whether that actually works as intended is a whole 'nother discussion.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,271 battles

RIP USN CVs. 

 

T8 planes on a Midway... Yeah, that's gonna be so much fun. Thanks for jamming this through WG. 

 

Can I get my Essex and Midway credits/XP refunded, since they're now T8.5 and T9.3 respectively, with gimpy T8 planes? 

I actually really enjoyed my Essex. Now? Right click, sell. I'm not playing that thing with stock fighters and TBs. 

 

Who else is ready for IJN AS cancer builds, since they have no counter anymore? 

 

Oh, and since 12x T10 TBs is too powerful.... Hak gets Shokaku TBs when? 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,553
Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
9 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

and from what I've gathered now is the time to run IJN CV's and dominate.

 

Heh, I used to keep a Langley for missions that required shooting down planes, or torpedo hits. Then I tried Hosho.

 

AS skill on fighter means only one less plane per squadron than most Langleys, and auto cross dropping torps is hella fun lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[WOLF5]
Members
1,481 posts
2,042 battles

Anyone notice the Colorado got a HP buff?

 

I thought that would never happen. It should pretty much fix that ships problems now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[SVF]
Members
852 posts
1,277 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Anyone notice the Colorado got a HP buff?

 

I thought that would never happen. It should pretty much fix that ships problems now.

Unfortunately the sigma nerf on her B Hull is happening.  Very disappointing imo.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
362
[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,329 posts
10,376 battles
11 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

 when could've saved themselves all the trouble and just un-nerf IJN torpedoes?

I wondered that same thing last night and I'm guessing they were on the table for IJN torps at some point then shelved in favor of this.  Strange that their carriers and destroyers are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

 

Well, "strange" is one word for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[AR15]
Beta Testers
98 posts
9,382 battles

Can't agree more with Show ME--if they want to get rid of U.S. CV's, then please do it and refund my credits and XP--the time I wasted grinding them I can never get back.  Right now I will have a bunch of credits, XP, and port slots that are absolutely useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,939 posts

Good thing Ranger can be used in the upcoming T7 scenario. A safe retreat while IJN CVs prowl randoms with fighter loadouts. Also, Bogue's FM-2 is still inferior to F4F-4.

Edited by Wolcott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,475
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,407 posts
3,407 battles
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Anyone notice the Colorado got a HP buff?

 

I thought that would never happen. It should pretty much fix that ships problems now.

 

And a slight reduction to sigma. -0.1 sigma, to be precise, with all of Colorado's hulls having a steady 1.9 sigma, rather than the former 1.8/2.0.

 

Sub_Octavian on Reddit said:

Quote

Sorry, the nerf is still a thing, and you’ve found a patch notes bug. Will fix ASAP, thank you.

 

I still maintain that the super heal be removed, the sigma kept, and the final hull upgraded to a hybrid Maryland spec (missing a few short/medium range AA mounts).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,189
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles

I remain annoyed and disappointed that they're releasing a dedicated anti-destroyer gunship with lower detection than Shimakaze, whose only hope against gunships is to not be seen by them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,271 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I remain annoyed and disappointed that they're releasing a dedicated anti-destroyer gunship with lower detection than Shimakaze, whose only hope against gunships is to not be seen by them.

I wish they'd either further buff IJN DD ROF or give them their old face melting HE alpha back... 

 

That and turret traverse. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,189
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles
Just now, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I wish they'd either further buff IJN DD ROF or give them their old face melting HE alpha back... 

ROF is fine, a nudge on traverse and the return of their old shell damage would be nice.

 

They buffed Russian shell damage for literally no reason and no drawback attached to it, so I don't see why nerfing Japanese damage/fire chances was necessary when they ROF was increased to "still worse than everyone else" levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
698
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,739 battles
37 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

This patch looks silly, for starters you introduced a line that can only hunt down cruisers and battleships...this only works out for the other banches that gunboat build.

 

Second whilst AP bombs are nice, air superiority is key...and from what I've gathered now is the time to run IJN CV's and dominate.

 

Pan-Asian destroyers? Did we really need this hodgepodge line? No...Italian or French ships shoulda filled their slot. 

 

china-yuan-count-305.gif

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,310
[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,397 battles
6 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I remain annoyed and disappointed that they're releasing a dedicated anti-destroyer gunship with lower detection than Shimakaze, whose only hope against gunships is to not be seen by them.

Except Gearing is more of a threat than the new Pan Asia DD for a shima.

 

Sounds like complaining just to complain to state  IJN DD's are doomed in some random way that isn't true.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
4 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

ROF is fine, a nudge on traverse and the return of their old shell damage would be nice.

 

They buffed Russian shell damage for literally no reason and no drawback attached to it, so I don't see why nerfing Japanese damage/fire chances was necessary when they ROF was increased to "still worse than everyone else" levels.

Make IJN nearly as good as RU? You're funny comrade. Off to gulag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,189
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles
1 minute ago, Spyde said:

Except Gearing is more of a threat than the new Pan Asia DD for a shima.

 

Sounds like complaining just to complain to state  IJN DD's are doomed in some random way that isn't true.

It's an Allen M Sumner, she has guns as good or better than Gearing's.

 

Gearing shouldn't be too pleased by this either, you know. The damn thing gets radar, just to rub salt in the wound.

Edited by AraAragami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,310
[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,397 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

It's an Allen M Sumner, she has guns as good or better than Gearing's.

 

Gearing shouldn't be too pleased by this either, you know.

127 mm/38 Mk38 20 7.2 98 1,800 5 2,100

 

127 mm/38 Mk38 20 7.2 104 1,800 5

2,100

 

 

Top is gearing, bottom in pan Asia, only difference in guns is gearing has 6 better Dispersion.

 

Why isn't gearing pleased ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728
[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,814 battles
6 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

It's an Allen M Sumner, she has guns as good or better than Gearing's.

 

Gearing shouldn't be too pleased by this either, you know. The damn thing gets radar, just to rub salt in the wound.

Don't you have to give up smoke for it? It's also 15 seconds, I'm more wary of German DD hydro. A double Z-52 division can keep you basically perma spotted while being in smoke & spotting your torps.

Edited by GoldPile
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,310
[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,397 battles
3 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

Don't you have to give up smoke for it? It's also 15 seconds, I'm more wary of German DD hydro. A double Z-52 division can keep you basically perma spotted while being in smoke & spotting your torps.

Exactly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×