Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M8i

Battleships are broken

51 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,781 battles

American and British BBs just plain blow. Their Hulls stink, aiming sucks, and are siting ducks for the cheep torpedo bomber planes. I know the game's makers are Russian and as such hate America and Britain so USN and RN suck on purpose. I say that is dumb, sorry Iam not interested in playing a Russian ship. I think they should make ships of all nations good. But no that can't happen. The snowhead game makers would not like the idea of American and Britt ships being good. In fact here is what Russia thinks of America and Britain visually.5a1d8423dd6c2_untitled2.thumb.png.117a6afa156f03ae106f2c2c53f59841.png       

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,155 posts
1,648 battles

Generally speaking, no, American and British BBs are fine.  Every line has some stinkers, but overall I find American, British and Japanese BBs pretty balanced.  German BBs seem to have a few more issues, good and bad.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
24 minutes ago, M8i said:

Another complaint thread from M8i....

2oDMSK7.gif

Any bets on when he will start complaining about WW I-era ships?

• Cool 5

[VFW]
Members
904 posts
20,702 battles

OK, less than 150 games, T4 and below, so yea....OP seeks attention, but gets the wrong kind...lol.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,525 battles

Join the master race (of battleships) and literally stomp on the blebs with your great turtleback and godly secondaries.

The only issue is those ******** Russian cruisers and their British BB's slinging HE at their max range...that gets old. 

(but so much more enjoyable when they get stupid and go broadside and you double citadel them.)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
23 minutes ago, M8i said:

American and British BBs just plain blow. Their Hulls stink, aiming sucks, and are siting ducks for the cheep torpedo bomber planes. I know the game's makers are Russian and as such hate America and Britain so USN and RN suck on purpose. I say that is dumb, sorry Iam not interested in playing a Russian ship. I think they should make ships of all nations good. But no that can't happen. The snowhead game makers would not like the idea of American and Britt ships being good. In fact here is what Russia thinks of America and Britain visually.5a1d8423dd6c2_untitled2.thumb.png.117a6afa156f03ae106f2c2c53f59841.png       

:Smile_popcorn::Smile_facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Another complaint thread from M8i....

2oDMSK7.gif

Any bets on when he will start complaining about WW 1-era ships?

No bet, BUT I am sure he will.:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,260 posts

Broken? 

Hell... my Orion got totally wrecked by a Clemson last night. 

A friggin' CLEMSON!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

Broken? 

A friggin' CLEMSON!

JCC45, BTW the OP also thinks the USS St. Louis T3 is junk also. :Smile_facepalm:

Members
2,748 posts
6,245 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Broken? 

A friggin' CLEMSON!

Don't feel bad, a Cleveland got me in the Texas. Have to give the guy credit he was good. Anticipated my every move and shot.

Members
1,245 posts
20,636 battles

US BB's are fine.  NM and Colorado seem to shrug off torps, and Colorado is one of the few really tanky ships in the game for her tier, even without the coming HP buff, plus she's the start of the 7.2 km 2ndaries range or better.  And put that super repair party on the Missouri and you've got about 30 sec of damage immunity.  Guns are fine once you get to 14 km or closer.

RN BB's also fine.  Don't know what the math is for dispersion etc. here, but their rifles seem to hit really well for me, even at the ship's max. range.  Especially for Lion and Conqueror.  And please use AP.  HE is just annoying and can be healing potioned away.  Don't have problems here.

When I lose it's usually because I got in a poor position, or missed a salvo.  Most games can be won or lost if just one or two of your salvos misses, especially at higher tiers where targets can move faster and are broadside less frequently.  I swear, if I could have one skill second to none, it would be absolutely devastatingly accurate gunfire on my part.  Just damaging every target you aim at is incredibly demoralizing for the enemy. 

Subject them to constant damage and harassment and there's not much they can do in return if they're running, having their plans disrupted, and  can't shoot as well as you do.

[TSPC]
Members
173 posts
6,271 battles
51 minutes ago, M8i said:

Fig. 1 - Why minus rep should be a thing

• Cool 10

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 minutes ago, 901234 said:

Fig. 1 - Why minus rep should be a thing

Yes to that +1 for you.:Smile_medal:

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,329 posts
10,376 battles
34 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

US BB's are fine.  NM and Colorado seem to shrug off torps, and Colorado is one of the few really tanky ships in the game for her tier, even without the coming HP buff, plus she's the start of the 7.2 km 2ndaries range or better.  And put that super repair party on the Missouri and you've got about 30 sec of damage immunity.  Guns are fine once you get to 14 km or closer.

RN BB's also fine.  Don't know what the math is for dispersion etc. here, but their rifles seem to hit really well for me, even at the ship's max. range.  Especially for Lion and Conqueror.  And please use AP.  HE is just annoying and can be healing potioned away.  Don't have problems here.

When I lose it's usually because I got in a poor position, or missed a salvo.  Most games can be won or lost if just one or two of your salvos misses, especially at higher tiers where targets can move faster and are broadside less frequently.  I swear, if I could have one skill second to none, it would be absolutely devastatingly accurate gunfire on my part.  Just damaging every target you aim at is incredibly demoralizing for the enemy. 

Subject them to constant damage and harassment and there's not much they can do in return if they're running, having their plans disrupted, and  can't shoot as well as you do.

You really shouldn't waste your time typing up a rational response in threads like this that lack a specific, clear issue.  He's not going to read it and say to himself "wow, I never thought of it like that!" and suddenly pull his head out of his [edited].

He isn't looking for help.

Sign in to follow this