Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Chung Mu T9 PADD Preview - Enter God Smoke - The meta evolves

37 comments in this topic

WoWS Community Contributors
1,436 posts
4,726 battles

10 seconds after your smoke dies and you can pop it again.  This is Chung Mu and PADD.  And though you have radar, without defensive torps for DDs, I suspect the average player won’t use it.  Why would you want to?  Chung Mu is Fletcher with Flexibility.  And I meant White Zombie, not NIN.  You’ll understand what I mean later.

• Cool 1

1,436 posts
4,726 battles
27 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

oh I can't wait for the pan-Asian destroyers hurry up:cap_haloween:

I think many players will enjoy the line.

Members
1,248 posts
20,668 battles

More smoke?   I thought part of the smoke revisions discussed was reducing its effectiveness for concealing other ship types?

Enough smoke already.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,759 posts
4,544 battles

Cool, after my Z-52 get's finished skill plucking it, I'll use his smoke and then turn on his buddies.

This line is the greatest thing for a German DD main, plenty of plebs to abuse.

• Cool 1

Members
510 posts
3,490 battles

The smoke is unprecedented, but you really need to be teamed up with another spotter to maximize it's benefits.  And, losing the ability to torp DD's is a big disadvantage.  The Fletcher's torps are a real threat to any DD due to the speed, detection, and range of the fish.  Folks are going to learn that you can rush any unsupported PA DD and torp him to death.  So...this is not a lone wolf cap hunter.  It is a very powerful support DD and will be dominant in a Div.  It is designed to generate fear in BB's...and it shall.  German DD's, especially tier IX and X, are their specific counter.  The only people more excited about this line than it's actual drivers are KM DD captains.    

1,436 posts
4,726 battles
2 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

The smoke is unprecedented, but you really need to be teamed up with another spotter to maximize it's benefits.  And, losing the ability to torp DD's is a big disadvantage.  The Fletcher's torps are a real threat to any DD due to the speed, detection, and range of the fish.  Folks are going to learn that you can rush any unsupported PA DD and torp him to death.  So...this is not a lone wolf cap hunter.  It is a very powerful support DD and will be dominant in a Div.  It is designed to generate fear in BB's...and it shall.  German DD's, especially tier IX and X, are their specific counter.  The only people more excited about this line than it's actual drivers are KM DD captains.    

This is a very good point.  I stated those in divisions will likely opt for radar.  28 seconds is incredible with the special module.  Still, hiding is smoke in perpetuity is appealing to gun boaters.  Right now the only thing holding this ship back would be the 5 DD meta.

[WUDPS]
4,759 posts
4,544 battles
2 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

This is a very good point.  I stated those in divisions will likely opt for radar.  28 seconds is incredible with the special module.  Still, hiding is smoke in perpetuity is appealing to gun boaters.  Right now the only thing holding this ship back would be the 5 DD meta.

You have the 5 DD meta with most of those boats being IJN or USN throwing out the "Great-wall-skill" into said clouds...those boats will get trashed.

God help them if they run into a German gunboat build or the Kancerous Khab

1,436 posts
4,726 battles
8 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

You have the 5 DD meta with most of those boats being IJN or USN throwing out the "Great-wall-skill" into said clouds...those boats will get trashed.

God help them if they run into a German gunboat build or the Kancerous Khab

While testing Yueyang I had a Khab close on me from 7km to 4.8.  Nothing I could do.  Not even torps to save myself.

[WUDPS]
4,759 posts
4,544 battles
3 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

While testing Yueyang I had a Khab close on me from 7km to 4.8.  Nothing I could do.  Not even torps to save myself.

This is why I feel this line was a total waste of development. You can't fight other destroyers readily, and you're mainly shoe horned into fighting battleships and cruisers...

Time to grind out the last of my Z-52 upgrades, gonna be fresh meat for the grinder. 

[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles

I strongly recommend using radar on the high tier ships. If you’ve been using torp reload booster on ijn DD you should

be practiced in surviving without smoke. 

This line has excellent speed and concealment so it really shouldn’t be an issue for experienced DD players.  In my opinion the radar is the only option since you cant hit DD with the torps. 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,101 battles

Hunting season starts tomorrow for all my present DDs ( that includes you Loyang and Anshan, PA brethren to feast on).  Z-52, Gering, Knab, Groz, ,Akiz, Lenn, Bly

1,436 posts
4,726 battles
40 minutes ago, SweetRollThief said:

I strongly recommend using radar on the high tier ships. If you’ve been using torp reload booster on ijn DD you should

This line has excellent speed and concealment so it really shouldn’t be an issue for experienced DD players.  In my opinion the radar is the only option since you cant hit DD with the torps. 

I agree... to an extent.  Like you said, for more experienced players.  You gotta be on your feet using radar.  At 7.5km it’s easy to wander into a wolf pack.  You have no defense other than your guns.  I think the majority of players will opt for Smoke.

Members
510 posts
3,490 battles
38 minutes ago, SweetRollThief said:

Definitely a feast or famine option.  From running TRB, you almost know from the start which one it will be.  Red CV?  You just got countered unless it's a noob.  Lots of radar ships?  You're on the edges until they clear out.  Not many islands?  You've got just a few safe areas when the inevitable detection occurs.  You're going to have to put in some real work and maybe get lucky to have a serious impact.  The same applies here...and I think you need that radar mod to make it shine.  But, high tier CV's are not really abundant.  Radar ships are a problem for every DD...so you already know what to do.  Same with island cover.  Still, without smoke, your margins for error are razor thin.  I strongly suspect, as many CC's have already concluded, that smoke is the default choice for randoms with no Div.

Now...in a Div with some spare, friendly smoke?  This ship will be a force to be reckoned with.  It's down right scary to think of a Div with a Z-52 and either tier IX or X PA DD's.  I don't think it matters whether you run smoke or radar.  Both are scary for different reasons.  Also, maybe complete the Div with a DM or Moskva?  Holy capping terror.  

• Cool 1

[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles
5 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Definitely a feast or famine option.  From running TRB, you almost know from the start which one it will be.  Red CV?  You just got countered unless it's a noob.  Lots of radar ships?  You're on the edges until they clear out.  Not many islands?  You've got just a few safe areas when the inevitable detection occurs.  You're going to have to put in some real work and maybe get lucky to have a serious impact.  The same applies here...and I think you need that radar mod to make it shine.  But, high tier CV's are not really abundant.  Radar ships are a problem for every DD...so you already know what to do.  Same with island cover.  Still, without smoke, your margins for error are razor thin.  I strongly suspect, as many CC's have already concluded, that smoke is the default choice for randoms with no Div.

Now...in a Div with some spare, friendly smoke?  This ship will be a force to be reckoned with.  It's down right scary to think of a Div with a Z-52 and either tier IX or X PA DD's.  I don't think it matters whether you run smoke or radar.  Both are scary for different reasons.  Also, maybe complete the Div with a DM or Moskva?  Holy capping terror.  

I actually see the smoke option as feast or famine since you have zero counter to enemy DD. The radar option seems more balanced to me. 28 seconds of radar with gearing guns = dead enemy DD. Once enemy DD is dead torp everything with 0.8 km detection gearing torps. 

Seems like a monster to me. I cant wait.

1,436 posts
4,726 battles
5 minutes ago, SweetRollThief said:

I actually see the smoke option as feast or famine since you have zero counter to enemy DD. The radar option seems more balanced to me. 28 seconds of radar with gearing guns = dead enemy DD. Once enemy DD is dead torp everything with 0.8 km detection gearing torps. 

That’s if your lucky enough to find one enemy DD.  DD meta is heavy right now. Radar can put you on a dangerous course to being detected by a lot.

it all comes down to if you are in a div or not.  Either way, both options are good, and this ship is a beast.

Beta Testers
474 posts
3,816 battles
2 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

More smoke?   I thought part of the smoke revisions discussed was reducing its effectiveness for concealing other ship types?

Enough smoke already.

What difference does it make? Everything has radar and/or hydro these days anyway. Smoke's almost useless unless you get lucky with mm in randoms.

Members
510 posts
3,490 battles
18 minutes ago, SweetRollThief said:

I thought it was 24 secs?  I'll have to check my math again.  Regardless, 28 or 24 secs is enough to kill a derping DD.  If I'm in a Z-52 and get radared only by a PA DD?  I'm extricating out of there and coming back in with a mad fury of torps and hydro.  Shoot....if I'm feeling healthy and lucky, I'll just plow right into them and torp them.  Also:

11 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

That’s if your lucky enough to find one enemy DD.  DD meta is heavy right now. Radar can put you on a dangerous course to being detected by a lot.

In the current meta, it's pretty hard to find yourself in that true, singular DD on DD fight.  In fact, most times the winner is the lucky dude (or dudette) who has support.  Sure...you get in a few seconds of mano y mano...but then everybody else wants to have some fun.  I think you have to possess some intense situational awareness to consistently run this thing solo and with radar.  Some do and will reap the benefits.  Most do not, and will get gutted.   

At any rate, it will be fun to see how it all plays out with a new trick DD in the rather stale DD meta.       

Edited by Uber_Ghost

1,436 posts
4,726 battles
4 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

I thought it was 24 secs?  I'll have to check my math again.  Regardless, 28 or 24 secs is enough to kill a derping DD.  If I'm in a Z-52 and get radared only by a PA DD?  I'm extricating out of there and coming back in with a mad fury of torps and hydro.  Shoot....if I'm feeling healthy and lucky, I'll just plow right into them and torp them.  Also:

In the current meta, it's pretty hard to find yourself in that true, singular DD on DD fight.  In fact, most times the winner is the lucky dude (or dudette) who has support.  Sure...you get in a few seconds of mano y mano...but then everybody else wants to have some fun.  I think you have to possess some intense situational awareness to consistently run this thing solo and with radar.  Some do and will reap the benefits.  Most do not, and will get gutted.   

At any rate, it will be fun to see how it all plays out with a new trick DD in the rather stale DD meta.       

IIRC, it’s 17 seconds for radar.  The special mod boosts it to 28.  I know the 28 for certain on Yeunyang.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,762 posts
9,488 battles
2 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Enough smoke already.

This is proof that WG knows full well that they broke 5"/38 armed DDs with OWSF removal with 6.3. Why else would they hand out such powerful smoke after applying a needed nerf to smoke firing. 

Rather than do the obvious solution and adjust the bloom times from 20 seconds to perhaps 10 seconds for DDs, and perhaps 15 for cruisers, they introduce yet more smoke. 

I'll have my Z-52 soon enough to flush them out. Z-46 works good too. 

• Cool 1

1,436 posts
4,726 battles
5 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

This is proof that WG knows full well that they broke 5"/38 armed DDs with OWSF removal with 6.3. Why else would they hand out such powerful smoke after applying a needed nerf to smoke firing. 

Rather than do the obvious solution and adjust the bloom times from 20 seconds to perhaps 10 seconds for DDs, and perhaps 15 for cruisers, they introduce yet more smoke. 

The smoke bloom is mind boggling in my opinion.   

[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles
17 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Lol. Open water stealth fire was never intended to be in the game. It was a error, an oversight that they eventually corrected when too many people started to exploit it. 

I cant believe people are still crying about it. Wait, yes i can.

Sign in to follow this