Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Notser: World of Warships - Pan-Asian DD Critique

4 comments in this topic

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Critique on the Pan-Asian line as a whole. Notser gives his views and suggestions on running this line.

It seems like the majority of information that I've seen over the past month are leaning towards gun builds and using smoke instead of radar. At least in a random setting.

If you have issues with this Tuber personally, or you don't like videos being posted on these forums, kindly do not reply to this thread. This thread was not created for those discussions.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 5

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

This line is going to make it difficult to start a captain and simply advance him up the line.  Some of the DD's are gun boats, some can be more torpedo boats.  They are noticeably different from one another, and will benefit from different captain skills.

I'm going to play cruisers for the next two weeks.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,602 posts
13,171 battles

Well for me I will play them.    I've maxed out the other dd lines, so been looking forward to them for awhile

Thanks for the vid:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,369 posts
7,946 battles

Really, Carriers are supposed to be the counter? I play carriers, and unless you just about fly over the thing, your never gonna find it on the bigger maps and your teammate communicates that they got pinged by radar. Assuming they do, the DD needs to be AT LEAST 7 km from any Cruiser, and some BB's, preferably more to spot it more than a second or two. And the USN change hype will last maybe 3 weeks, MAX, and it'll be the same what, 20-30 of us that actually still bang our heads on a wall playing CV's adding to the data as we have screamed for over 2 years now "Fix the damn things already". Ranger and Lex at 1,1,2 vs Hiryu and Shokaku, don't get me started on the premiums they face, that have 2,2,2 and I think it was 3,1,2. Essex at 2,1,2 but loses it's tier 9 fighters and TB's against Taiho at 2,3,2 usually, which, is great for Taiho because that's a more fair fight for it's fighters, mostly, one change that is actually sorta right, and then of course Midway at 2,2,2 which get's tier 8 TB's against 2,3,3 and 4,2,2 Hak. Midway arguably has the best chance of it's fighters not being flat out overwhelmed by numbers or trapped in dogfights unable to support it's team or unable to cover it's bombers, People will likely learn quick that the TB's are pointless at tier 9 and 10 because an AA build ship or 2 or more working together will shred them, and what, AP DB's that aren't as good against DD's, about the only thing Wargaming has left CV's to target and is trying to make us stop going after them in all the wrong ways? Yeah, with that proliferation by next Wednesday I expect no less than 47 threads demanding Wargaming buff AA YET AGAIN because of the AP if they get through wrecking BB's. Because they were a Bad Idea on E, they were on GZ, and they still are adding them to the tech tree unless is meant to open up a damage nerf on them.

Sign in to follow this