You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zargblargs

Tales from the Depths!

11 comments in this topic

[BUNNY]
Members
43 posts
2,523 battles

Hi there. Had three matches today, but wasn't feeling it. Think I need to let my interest recharge.

In that vein, regale me with your tales of glorious victory and honourable defeat!

I command it!

[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,891 battles

One match the score was so close. Our team was winning. I was just hanging on to a couple hundred health and circling through islands so I could not be spotted. I get spotted at like 3 seconds and an opposing BB gets a shot off. There is a brief time between the timer hitting zero and the game stops. After the timer hit zero and the music started playing, the shots hit me and I blew up. The screen dims out and shows we have a loss. :(

Another loss in ranked. Match was down to 1v1, 2 BBs. Our side was winning by like 20 points. I was low on health and we were in the 800s so I just started moving away from the cap around an island because I knew the other BB was coming around an island and can may have spotted me. He was able to get to our cap which stopped our points at 990+ and a couple of ticks later they won before I could do anything else!

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,457 posts
5,649 battles

I was in my Kutuzov, in a tier X MM (unsurprisingly), on the Mountain Range map in domination mode.

I am very lucky to be graced with talented destroyers on our team, 3 to be exact, and with good concealment, I followed them to dominate the southeastern part of the map. The rest of the team, however, following a Minotaur, charged right into the other side. Right as our dds captured the mid capture point, the Minotaur was blown to bits by an accurate Montana salvo, followed by a torpedo wall of skills that struck all three of our tier X battleships. We realized in horror that the enemy team has committed a lemming train on the western side, and our main force is being crushed.

Our Yugumo decided to capture the eastern capture point while the two other dds and I hauled [edited] to save our collapsing flank. I smoked up and started to harass a pair out-of-position cruisers, a Des Moines and a Zao. With the excellent effort of our cruisers, two frags were soon scored by me. I moved on to melt the enemy Izumo when suddenly the sole Yugumo in the eastern cap started begging for support. A lone enemy Khabarovsk, unspotted until now, was after him like a bloodhound. Our Gearing rushed to help, but the Yugumo was sent to the bottom. 

We lost all our battleships at this point, and the enemy still possesses all three of their tier X battleships. I've sunk the enemy Izumo, and my torpedo sank a Udaloi rushing for my smoke, spotted by my hydro. Kraken! But things are not looking good. Our Gearing in the east managed to torp and sink the enemy Khabarovsk, but not before the withering fire of the Khab murdered him as well. The middle cap and the eastern cap are still ours, but the enemy now has three tier X battleships, a New Orleans and a Fletcher. Our team was down to me, a Bismarck, and a Z-46.

Our Bismarck made a valiant effort fighting the enemy battleships, but the enemy Montana scores a big hit into the barbettes and abruptly ended his journey. Without him drawing the fire, I silenced my guns and withdraw from the enemy battleships. But suddenly, the enemy New Orleans popped right in front of me around an island! Expert loader skill allowed me to reload AP right as he turned his guns toward me. We fired at the same time, and we both landed multiple citadels on each other, but the superior reload of the Kutuzov allowed me to fire again salvo! 6th Frag, but for a heavy price. Not only that, at moments of his death, the enemy New Orleans used his radar and spotted our Z-46 sneaking by the enemy battleships, one of them fired a precise salvo that sank the poor fellow before I can sink the New Orleans. I was one against four in a brief moment, and now it is reduced to a 1 vs 3.

The match ends in 3 minutes, and our team is losing on both points and ships. But the dead Z-46 landed his torpedo on the enemy Montana and caused flooding. With 6k health left and 15km away, I decided to open fire. Two good salvos set the Montana on fire, who was left without his repair. I watched in horror as all twelve guns thundered, and the shells dropped on me with lethal accuracy. One of my rear turrets is destroyed, and I was left on 1500 health. The Montana was scorched to around 6k health by the fire, but all three enemies are in hot pursuit. Thanks to our cap advantage, the score is quite balanced, but the enemy is capturing the middle cap as I retreated.  The clock is ticking, and the only way to win is for me to sink an enemy!

I rounded an island, and caught the Montana by surprise! A quick double tap on the 2 key switched me the AP shells, but the enemy Yamato fired right in front of me 12 km away! I dodged a waived, but shells stuck true on my bow!

I survived! At the cost of one of my turrets being destroyed, the other disabled, but I have never felt more excited. I repaired the incapacitated turret and opened fire on the upper hull of the Montana. Salvo! And another! 7th frag, and the victory is ours!

This is my best result in my Kutuzov, 202k damage scored, High caliber, Confederate, Witherer, Arsonist, Devastating strike, and the one that everyone wants, the Solo warrior.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
4 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

I was in my Kutuzov, in a tier X MM (unsurprisingly), on the Mountain Range map in domination mode.

I am very lucky to be graced with talented destroyers on our team, 3 to be exact, and with good concealment, I followed them to dominate the southeastern part of the map. The rest of the team, however, following a Minotaur, charged right into the other side. Right as our dds captured the mid capture point, the Minotaur was blown to bits by an accurate Montana salvo, followed by a torpedo wall of skills that struck all three of our tier X battleships. We realized in horror that the enemy team has committed a lemming train on the western side, and our main force is being crushed.

Our Yugumo decided to capture the eastern capture point while the two other dds and I hauled [edited] to save our collapsing flank. I smoked up and started to harass a pair out-of-position cruisers, a Des Moines and a Zao. With the excellent effort of our cruisers, two frags were soon scored by me. I moved on to melt the enemy Izumo when suddenly the sole Yugumo in the eastern cap started begging for support. A lone enemy Khabarovsk, unspotted until now, was after him like a bloodhound. Our Gearing rushed to help, but the Yugumo was sent to the bottom. 

We lost all our battleships at this point, and the enemy still possesses all three of their tier X battleships. I've sunk the enemy Izumo, and my torpedo sank a Udaloi rushing for my smoke, spotted by my hydro. Kraken! But things are not looking good. Our Gearing in the east managed to torp and sink the enemy Khabarovsk, but not before the withering fire of the Khab murdered him as well. The middle cap and the eastern cap are still ours, but the enemy now has three tier X battleships, a New Orleans and a Fletcher. Our team was down to me, a Bismarck, and a Z-46.

Our Bismarck made a valiant effort fighting the enemy battleships, but the enemy Montana scores a big hit into the barbettes and abruptly ended his journey. Without him drawing the fire, I silenced my guns and withdraw from the enemy battleships. But suddenly, the enemy New Orleans popped right in front of me around an island! Expert loader skill allowed me to reload AP right as he turned his guns toward me. We fired at the same time, and we both landed multiple citadels on each other, but the superior reload of the Kutuzov allowed me to fire again salvo! 6th Frag, but for a heavy price. Not only that, at moments of his death, the enemy New Orleans used his radar and spotted our Z-46 sneaking by the enemy battleships, one of them fired a precise salvo that sank the poor fellow before I can sink the New Orleans. I was one against four in a brief moment, and now it is reduced to a 1 vs 3.

The match ends in 3 minutes, and our team is losing on both points and ships. But the dead Z-46 landed his torpedo on the enemy Montana and caused flooding. With 6k health left and 15km away, I decided to open fire. Two good salvos set the Montana on fire, who was left without his repair. I watched in horror as all twelve guns thundered, and the shells dropped on me with lethal accuracy. One of my rear turrets is destroyed, and I was left on 1500 health. The Montana was scorched to around 6k health by the fire, but all three enemies are in hot pursuit. Thanks to our cap advantage, the score is quite balanced, but the enemy is capturing the middle cap as I retreated.  The clock is ticking, and the only way to win is for me to sink an enemy!

I rounded an island, and caught the Montana by surprise! A quick double tap on the 2 key switched me the AP shells, but the enemy Yamato fired right in front of me 12 km away! I dodged a waived, but shells stuck true on my bow!

I survived! At the cost of one of my turrets being destroyed, the other disabled, but I have never felt more excited. I repaired the incapacitated turret and opened fire on the upper hull of the Montana. Salvo! And another! 7th frag, and the victory is ours!

This is my best result in my Kutuzov, 202k damage scored, High caliber, Confederate, Witherer, Arsonist, Devastating strike, and the one that everyone wants, the Solo warrior.

I haven't played anything near so heroic. :Smile_honoring:

I was in the Omaha, I believe, in PvE. There were two red CLs and a red BB, against our two CLs and we were behind on points. The red bots started capping our base just as I started capping their base and they had the lead on points and capping. The other CL ignored my pleas to cap and fired on them and ran. He was right as the bots left our base to sink him. I ended up having the two low health CLs and the near full health BB chase me out of their cap. I was dodging for all I was worth and managed to finish off the two CLs the other player had damaged. But that left me one on one with the bot BB and he had hit me hard. The other players were cheering me on as I dodged and set fires while trying not to lose my last bit of health. I finally took him out to all of our cheers. Not as exciting as PvP, but still plenty exciting for a new player. :Smile_child::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,704 posts
4,493 battles

Ran my Duca the other night, a Kami spammed me with all of his torps...dodged them all...one was so close could swore it went down the length of my hull.

I dipped mine in marinara sauce, and gave him a taste of home! (killed him), the torp'd his Myoko buddy...then out in the open guns blazing...went up against a colorado, an iron duke, and an Indy....reloaded the torps and sent out a wave on the duke. I got killed clearly...but one torp hit the Duke in the rear.

My buddies started burning him, what I did not know is I got in flooding damage...and he died as a result.

sloth torps for the win

• Cool 1

[BUNNY]
Members
43 posts
2,523 battles
On 11/28/2017 at 9:48 AM, karmajay said:

Snip!

Ah, those close games are so frustrating! Still, well done on you and your team for making down to the wire!

On 11/28/2017 at 10:53 AM, The_first_harbinger said:

'Nudder snip!

That was an amazing tale! Well done to you, sir! I hope that one day I can have a result as spectacular as that!

On 11/28/2017 at 11:10 AM, Kizarvexis said:

Snipperoo!

Even coop games have wonderful tales! Good job on evading certain death and giving those toasters what for!

On 11/28/2017 at 11:20 AM, Dr_Venture said:

Snipperoni!

I love those scrape-the-paint torpedo dodges as well as those sneaky flooding kills! Great work!

Well, believe it or not, your stories have reinvigorated me. I managed to pull a 100k damage game in the Algerie. Thanks for the inspirations!

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,704 posts
4,493 battles
3 minutes ago, Zargblargs said:

Ah, those close games are so frustrating! Still, well done on you and your team for making down to the wire!

That was an amazing tale! Well done to you, sir! I hope that one day I can have a result as spectacular as that!

Even coop games have wonderful tales! Good job on evading certain death and giving those toasters what for!

I love those scrape-the-paint torpedo dodges as well as those sneaky flooding kills! Great work!

Well, believe it or not, your stories have reinvigorated me. I managed to pull a 100k damage game in the Algerie. Thanks for the inspirations!

No one got the boondocke saint's reference

[BUNNY]
Members
43 posts
2,523 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

No one got the boondocke saint's reference

GAH. I missed that. Shaaaaame.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
On 11/28/2017 at 7:22 AM, Zargblargs said:

I command it!

Fizzgig!

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[BUNNY]
Members
43 posts
2,523 battles
10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Fizzgig!

+1 for being the first! That footage is what happens when I casually eat a wall of torps I could have easily avoided if I had engaged my brain.