You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wolcott

Can Ishizuchi survive four torpedo hits from a Leander?

16 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Because this one did. :cap_wander:

Dealt a few main battery hits before the torpedoes struck as you can see below. Smith finished it off. 

QOO4Wjb.jpg

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,422 battles

If a torp hits a Damage saturated area, damage is a lot less to zero.  Unicom players will take a hit to the nose of a ship, for example, then if they have to take another torp later, they’ll try to take it on the damage saturated bow.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

Yeah exactly. Damage saturation.

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
6,416 battles

Easily!  Any ship in the game can survive an infinite number of torp hits as long as they're smart about damage saturation.
If they all hit the bow or the stern, the torpedoes will cease to do damage. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
350 posts
9,142 battles

If you know how to abuse the damage system you can do this

dkNzmxF.gif

• Cool 3

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles
13 minutes ago, Muki41 said:

If you know how to abuse the damage system you can do this

dkNzmxF.gif

The Gif!

I mean, not "The Gif" but *The WoWS Gif*

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,369 posts
7,946 battles
3 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

If a torp hits a Damage saturated area, damage is a lot less to zero.  Unicom players will take a hit to the nose of a ship, for example, then if they have to take another torp later, they’ll try to take it on the damage saturated bow.

This, I've done it myself a few times, why I never fire spreads that close like in the gif.

2 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

And I thought radar was stupid...that takes the cake!  That ship would have no engines, rudder, prop, hell the entire back would be gone!

Well "it's a game" aside, and the fact Wargaming hasn't modeled that, or at least, not to happen mid-combat (I miss the days when collisons and sinkings on cruisers and BB's actually had the ship broken up by damage, not roll over and break), ships in the real world have lost sections like that and floated still, just need to be towed and repaired, albeit that much loss, may just scuttle the ship.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,417 battles
3 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

This.

Members
17,723 posts
5,084 battles
3 hours ago, Wolcott said:

But the Ishizuchi was broadside. :Smile_amazed:

Also depends how the Leander launched the torps. If he launched singles and followed the indicator, they would hit more or less in the same spot.

[REVY]
Members
935 posts
7,279 battles
4 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

ships in the real world have lost sections like that and floated still, just need to be towed and repaired, albeit that much loss, may just scuttle the ship.

There was a TV show I saw a few years back on Diving Mysteries. This particular dive was on the broken off bow section of a US WW2 Benson-class DD off the Atlantic coast of the US. The thing they found odd, was that the hull number on the bow was listed as USS Murphy a DD that was scrapped in the 70s

What they ended up finding out was that during WW2, the DD rammed by a tanker that tore of the bow and sank it, but the aft 2/3s of the ship was able to float and eventually returned to harbor where they built and entire new bow section for it.

Murphy_01.jpg

• Cool 2

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles

I feel like i wouldnt go back sailing again if my warship return back to port with a third of it gone

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,410 battles

Ishizuchi has only 4% torp reduction, so I am guess it would probably not especially broadside.  If it did it would be between saturation and the driver hitting the DC followed by Repair Party pretty quickly to save it.

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
11 hours ago, gcangel82 said:

Ishizuchi has only 4% torp reduction, so I am guess it would probably not especially broadside.  If it did it would be between saturation and the driver hitting the DC followed by Repair Party pretty quickly to save it.

It felt like Ishizuhi had about 50% damage reduction. Anyway I did it again on Aegis, single firing my torpedoes and this time the Ishizuchi (which was again broadside) from the second wave sank. Yes I followed the indicator and they all struck the same spot. :Smile_amazed: