Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tacoshogun

What are best signals for carriers?

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,032
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,229 posts
6,433 battles

Those that increase the Chance of floodings.

The other Slots you can fill with either XP flags or Speed flags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
1,461 battles

Personally for me.

If it is the first battle of the day:

  • Zulu Hotel
  • Equal Speed Charlie London
  • Juliet Whiskey Unaone
  • Victor Lima

Optimize XP gains for 1st win.

 

Anything after :

  • Juliet Whiskey Unaone
  • Victor Lima
  • India X-Ray
  • Wildcard

Optimizing striking capability as much as possible, wild card will probably depend on tier and preference but the likely ones for combat signals would be "November Foxtrot", "November Echo Setteseven", or "India Yankee" depending on whether you think someone wants to turn you into BBQ material or if you want to save some cost at high tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles

Any flags that decrease fire & flooding (that's #1 & #2). An exp flag. (#3) 

A speed flag, as Sirenracker, suggests? Not really, imho. All CVs except some low tier Am ones are fast enough.

 The last signal flag (#4) should be whatever you have that you think will work best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,456
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,360 battles

The fact that there's only one mention of "November Echo Setteseven" in this thread so far disgusts me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
1,461 battles
30 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

The fact that there's only one mention of "November Echo Seventeen" in this thread so far disgusts me.

 

I hope i have brought honor to my name by mentioning it. :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
845
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles
3 hours ago, Tedster_ said:

The fact that there's only one mention of "November Echo Seventeen" in this thread so far disgusts me.

Actually agree with this. Almost feel like we need the Vader "Lack of" meme here.

 

Anyway - November Echo Setteseven - while bomber DPS is nearly useless and won't improve too much, better to have the increase from around 4-5% to maybe 6% chance per second and the boost to your AA (which can be truly terrifying). Plus, hopefully they'll give bombers a bit better defense/offense against planes if we ever get the rework, or at least maybe a bit more of a chance than now.

 

India Yankee - always been mandatory, more so now that some genius wants to make it easier for CV's to be set on fire, cause that's what they need. :Smile_sceptic:

 

After that, pretty much what floats your boat and how you want to build. You can increase your damage potential with the flags to up flooding and fire chances, reduce your own with the one that knocks 5% off consumable cooldowns and reduce flooding time, throw in xp/credit flags, combination of them, whatever. Despite Wargaming saying that more flags like the others "would be too OP", laughable considering how nerfed into the ground they are, it wouldn't kill them to add another slot or 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,456
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,360 battles
3 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Anyway - November Echo Setteseven - while bomber DPS is nearly useless and won't improve too much, better to have the increase from around 4-5% to maybe 6% chance per second and the boost to your AA (which can be truly terrifying). Plus, hopefully they'll give bombers a bit better defense/offense against planes if we ever get the rework, or at least maybe a bit more of a chance than now.

 

 

the main reason you use it is because it affects your fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
845
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles
3 hours ago, Tedster_ said:

 

the main reason you use it is because it affects your fighters.

 

Since when, last I checked it was bombers only. What I see in game and on the wiki -

 

November Echo Setteseven Clear Sky 12 000 Silver_icon.png "Proceed with caution; hostile aircraft sighted."
  • +10% average damage per second of all anti-aircraft mounts.
  • +10% average damage per second of self-defense armament for aircraft with rear gunners.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,456
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,360 battles
8 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

 

Since when, last I checked it was bombers only. What I see in game and on the wiki -

 

November Echo Setteseven Clear Sky 12 000 Silver_icon.png "Proceed with caution; hostile aircraft sighted."
  • +10% average damage per second of all anti-aircraft mounts.
  • +10% average damage per second of self-defense armament for aircraft with rear gunners.

 

 

 

oFaeS2O.png

 

I stand corrected.  I swear it was included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
845
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles
7 hours ago, Tedster_ said:

 

oFaeS2O.png

 

I stand corrected.  I swear it was included.

 

I misread it myself before, I didn't know if maybe something changed, you have way more info access than I do, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×