Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Case of the (cyber) Mondays

5 comments in this topic

Members
414 posts

After a pretty decent weekend duking it out in WOW, I had hoped to keep up the trend and have a good Monday. That hope was a...mistake. I sailed out my Baltimore and couldn't citadel anything for the life of me. I played godawful, and I apologize profusely to anyone who got stuck on my team. The game got so buggy and unplayable that I had to do a full reinstall. Then I sailed out my Alabama and got hit with lemming train teams in standard battles. Perhaps WG is punishing me for not buying any of their meh Black Friday bundles.

I think I'm going to call it a day and read a book.

Edit: I decided to take the Alabama out one last time, and somehow a Bismarck incapacitated both my front turrets in a single salvo. I'm definitely blaming this on WG being angry that I didn't buy anything, because Bismarck guns are most certainly not that good.

Edited by guns_at_last_light

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles

Their bundles fell flatter than a beavers tail. Only one worth it was the 30 DC2 for two fiddy, plus it came with other stuff.

They need to understand that most of the base has most of the ships. If they'd sold them individually, they'd have raked the cash in hand over fist. I really don't understand how WG's marketing people haven't been fired by now. Repeatedly.

Members
414 posts

Thus I think I am being punished for not spending money on something that wasn't of any value to me.

I agree that they fell a flat on the offerings, though. There was so much positive buzz about getting a great discount on a year of premium that you would think they'd offer it, and, not surprisingly, not offering that deal has resulted in a lot of palm-to-forehead jokes. I'm sure that they'll still make money, but this seemed like a missed opportunity. 

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,979 posts

No Cyber Monday offers really boggled my mind and Black Friday bundles were just terrible all around. Very disappointing.

[INTEL]
Members
8,399 posts
25,196 battles

This will not stop them from doing the same thing next year, sadly. Instead of forcing people to buy ships they don't want, WG should set up units of premium time, signals, consummables, ships and other items, then permit players to mix and match according to their needs with some kind of base discount/or item discount/minimum expenditure whose discount rises as expenditure rises.

Bundle mixes were invented so shops could get rid of inventory by bundling crap with desirable items. Inventory has a finite shelf life and storage costs. Virtual items have neither. The cost of hosting an unpopular ship like Hood is exactly the same as hosting a popular ship like Kutuzov, there is no need to bundle such ships together. WG is using a brick and mortar approach to sell virtual items *sigh*.

The only thing I bought was premium time, which I would have purchased as some point anyway. Once again, marketing fail: consumers are there, ready to purchase, yet there is nothing for them to buy.

That's a policy failure. 

Edited by Taichunger

Sign in to follow this