Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cometguy

Hiryu After 1,000 Solo Random Battles

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

So, obviously the Hiryu is my favorite ship. But my favorite thing about it is how much room there is to get better. 1,000 games in, and there's still plenty of ways to get better.  It has the IJN jack of all trades load out, and you could see games with heavy AA, or virtually no AA. Then there's dealing with Kagas and AS Saipans, or being in a multi-CV game and being paired with a strike Ranger, so you have to provide everyone air cover against all of those planes. It's the most fun thing in the game, imo.

1ZjzQDx.jpg

• Cool 3

[KP]
Members
1,993 posts
18,368 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

So, obviously the Hiryu is my favorite ship. But my favorite thing about it is how much room there is to get better. 1,000 games in, and there's still plenty of ways to get better.  It has the IJN jack of all trades load out, and you could see games with heavy AA, or virtually no AA. Then there's dealing with Kagas and AS Saipans, or being in a multi-CV game and being paired with a strike Ranger, so you have to provide everyone air cover against all of those planes. It's the most fun thing in the game, imo.

1ZjzQDx.jpg

You are the guy I pray to God is on my team and not the Red GJ!

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles

Wow, well done!  And a 75%WR at that.  I dont know which is more impressive... probably the WR.   Congratz sir!  :Smile_honoring:

B

Members
2,208 posts
4,043 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

1ZjzQDx.jpg

Damb it man. I parked her after I think 120. And I think she is my most played cv. Lol grats on the 75% wr 

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
2 hours ago, cometguy said:

1ZjzQDx.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing your charts on that ship.  Have you always been awesome in it?  Or is it a progression?

[TF16B]
Members
8,039 posts
16,978 battles

More dedication than I apparently have... Playing a single ship that much would have driven me batty.

Congrats, on your WR and you dedication.

[PIZZA]
Members
708 posts
7,902 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

You are the guy I pray to God is on my team and not the Red GJ!

NERF this cometguy person!

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles

1K+ battles on the one CV? OK. Crazy. Crazy win rate (you braggard).

I happen to like all my CVs that I have.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

dafuq, 1k battles ? Gratz I guess, mainly because enduring the least loved class of the game ATM.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

I'd be interested in seeing your charts on that ship.  Have you always been awesome in it?  Or is it a progression?

By the time I unlocked the Shokaku, I was pretty close to 60%. Then I struggled dealing with all the t10 AA in the Shokaku, so I went back to the Hiryu until I could handle North Carolinas in it,  so by the time I got to 200 games total games, I was at 63-64% and went back to the Shokaku. Then the last t7 ranked season got me to grind up a captain for the Hiryu, and that's when I started figuring out how to deal with more situations in it, and it became my favorite ship 

• Cool 1

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
14,694 battles

Great job comet......very well done.

I would submit that the only class of ship in the game where skill can carry the battle solo is in a high tier CV, especially in an high tier IJN CV.  Has anyone seen any other captain in any other class of ship have a 75% win rate solo after a significant number of games?  And while I thought it wasn't fair to CV main players for WG to disallow CVs in clan battles,  it's pretty obvious looking at CV captain's like comet why they had to do it.....the CV captain skill differential is what would usually be key to who wins in a 7 vs. clan battle.

Again, congrats!

Sign in to follow this