Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Nerf Khabs gun damage.

85 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

131
[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts

 Nerf Khabs gun damage.. She blatantly over powered. She needs to have a handicap in some way. Some might say her stealth is her weakness, but thats bul. I have the ship, its not hard at all to stay hidden. I barely play her because I feel dirty every time, you dont even have to think in that ship, it just wrecks everything... NERF THE KHAB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,090 battles

It's not the gun damage that needs to be nerfed but those armor plates that can negate all cruiser fire but german 203s

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,452
[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,564 battles
3 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

It's not the gun damage that needs to be nerfed but those armor plates that can negate all cruiser fire but german 203s

 

Oh, you mean the plates that even the engineers knew wouldn't work, but somehow ended up in-game because they didn't make a new set of blueprints without them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles
7 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

 Nerf Khabs gun damage.. She blatantly over powered. She needs to have a handicap in some way. Some might say her stealth is her weakness, but thats bul. I have the ship, its not hard at all to stay hidden. I barely play her because I feel dirty every time, you dont even have to think in that ship, it just wrecks everything... NERF THE KHAB.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8ce34c25670529f0e57830d7caa80969.jpg

 

GitGud.gif.50febb54ffa1d44eb4feb33b8be74422.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
16 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

 Nerf Khabs gun damage.. She blatantly over powered. She needs to have a handicap in some way. Some might say her stealth is her weakness, but thats bul. I have the ship, its not hard at all to stay hidden. I barely play her because I feel dirty every time, you dont even have to think in that ship, it just wrecks everything... NERF THE KHAB.

Oh look. BB main whining once again about another class.

gT83EWF.gif

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,090 battles
12 minutes ago, Sirus_Patton said:

Oh, you mean the plates that even the engineers knew wouldn't work, but somehow ended up in-game because they didn't make a new set of blueprints without them?

Yeah pretty much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,636
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,333 battles
19 minutes ago, Sirus_Patton said:

Oh, you mean the plates that even the engineers knew wouldn't work, but somehow ended up in-game because they didn't make a new set of blueprints without them?

you mean one of the only DDs that gets RIDICULOUSLY SMASHED by BBs AP that gets its 33% damage almost every time rarely overpens ??

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,090 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

you mean one of the only DDs that gets RIDICULOUSLY SMASHED by BBs AP that gets its 33% damage almost every time rarely overpens ??

"smashed' you do know that those same plates are thick enough NOT EVEN THE YAMATO can overmatch them with AP if it's angled right?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,636
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,333 battles
1 minute ago, Raptor_alcor said:

"smashed' you do know that those same plates are thick enough NOT EVEN THE YAMATO can overmatch them with AP if it's angled right?

yeah, angled...
BUT I think a BBs AP does more damage to that DD than HE when broadside and not angled...
I mean I LOVE my Khab just not getting AP spammed.... LOLZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,090 battles
Just now, pmgaudio said:

yeah, angled...
BUT I think a BBs AP does more damage to that DD than HE when broadside and not angled...
I mean I LOVE my Khab just not getting AP spammed.... LOLZ

Depends, if it hits the 50MM plates broadside? probably would do more damage at the standard khab ranges, however if it doesn't hit the 50MM plate it'll go straight through as expected. That's the problem, the plates exist and aren't a true downside all the time based on shell spread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117
[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,784 battles

I rather want Conqueror's guns (HE) nerf and raised its citadel above water line. 

FYI, all ships will inevitably be crushed by a Russian ship in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
8 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Depends, if it hits the 50MM plates broadside? probably would do more damage at the standard khab ranges, however if it doesn't hit the 50MM plate it'll go straight through as expected. That's the problem, the plates exist and aren't a true downside all the time based on shell spread. 

Then shoot the bow, overmatch and laugh at said Khab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts

She hits like a truck and can bounce 18inch shells... Yeah, shes not OP at all. No sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles
Just now, Rekkoff said:

She hits like a truck and can bounce 18inch shells... Yeah, shes not OP at all. No sir.

And BBs that can nuke cruisers in a single salvo isn’t?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
12 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

She hits like a truck and can bounce 18inch shells... Yeah, shes not OP at all. No sir.

mt7aR5O.jpg

There is ALWAYS somewhere you can overmatch a Khab with 18 inch guns. If you're failing to do so

e9ICher.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,591
[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
58 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

 Nerf Khabs gun damage.. She blatantly over powered. She needs to have a handicap in some way. Some might say her stealth is her weakness, but thats bul. I have the ship, its not hard at all to stay hidden. I barely play her because I feel dirty every time, you dont even have to think in that ship, it just wrecks everything... NERF THE KHAB.

Stealth is definitely sorta-kinda a weakness.  OTOH, Khab's aren't meant to be stealthy.  A Khab that's not firing its guns isn't doing its job, generally speaking.  Beyond that, unless you've mounted the 6th slot super rudder shift, the Khab has all the maneuverability of a super tanker.

Honestly, the Khab never seems all that OP to me.  It's not like she's firing 16" gunshells, let alone 8" ones.  She's still a pew-pew ship that relies on a constant stream of minor damage to get the job done.  And it seems to be from experience that you rely on fires a lot to get the really massive damage.  However, given her small guns, your chances of getting fires is low and extremely RNG dependent.  You can have great damage battles and lowish damage battles where the only difference was whether the fire gods blessed your RNG rolls.  

 

14 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

And BBs that can nuke cruisers in a single salvo isn’t?

No, they're not.  BB's should be able to nuke poorly played cruisers easily.  That said, it's NOT "easy" to nuke a cruiser, because it requires perfect aim and the blessings of RNG to land enough shells on target and to hit citadels.

In the end, cruisers will and should always be vulnerable to BB gun fire.  Why?  Because they're CRUISERS, not battleships!  Even the best armored cruisers would only be armed enough to defend themselves against other cruisers.  Their armor schemes would never be designed to defeat battleship grade guns, because they were never meant to truly fight battleships.  Battleships were designed to fight other battleships!  Cruisers are meant to avoid or limit damage taken from BBs by use of their speed and maneuverability, not their armor.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[STW]
Members
96 posts
9,363 battles
16 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Then shoot the bow, overmatch and laugh at said Khab.

 

Are you serious? :Smile_amazed:

 

I am one of the most religious DD shooters in my NC and Missouri, but the Khabas are so damned-small and so damned-fast, and my shells are so damned-slow - I just shoot at Khabas in hopes they will turn away and leave me and my DDs alone.....but even when I do hit them, they just speed away and disappear for one minute - not even that long - and when they come back, they've regenerated all of that health. 

 

It's a frickin killer cockroach!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,253
[RIPQP]
Members
3,708 posts
14,557 battles

 Been a while since someone got molested hard enough by Kebaba to come around and rant like that. Kebabarovsk has well known weaknesses, try to exploit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
6 minutes ago, Jerych said:

 

Are you serious? :Smile_amazed:

 

I am one of the most religious DD shooters in my NC and Missouri, but the Khabas are so damned-small and so damned-fast, and my shells are so damned-slow - I just shoot at Khabas in hopes they will turn away and leave me and my DDs alone.....but even when I do hit them, they just speed away and disappear for one minute - not even that long - and when they come back, they've regenerated all of that health. 

 

It's a frickin killer cockroach!

 

If he's sitting broadside, shoot his belt armor right under the smoke stacks. That 50mm belt will give 30% pens all day. He angles coming at you, shoot his bow. 19mm can't stop any BB gun from penetrating. If he angles away shoot him in the tail or take him bow to stern as the deck armor can't stop any BB tier 8 and up.

 

Not as strong as you think. And I have one. BB AP scares the hell out of me. Only other things are German cruisers, Brit BBs and German BBs. The AP hurts, but that 1/4th HE pen can hurt. A LOT.

Edited by IronWolfV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

 

No, they're not.  BB's should be able to nuke poorly played cruisers easily.  That said, it's NOT "easy" to nuke a cruiser, because it requires perfect aim and the blessings of RNG to land enough shells on target and to hit citadels.

In the end, cruisers will and should always be vulnerable to BB gun fire.  Why?  Because they're CRUISERS, not battleships!  Even the best armored cruisers would only be armed enough to defend themselves against other cruisers.  Their armor schemes would never be designed to defeat battleship grade guns, because they were never meant to truly fight battleships.  Battleships were designed to fight other battleships!  Cruisers are meant to avoid or limit damage taken from BBs by use of their speed and maneuverability, not their armor.

My point is more towords the general fact that it can happen, and it does fairly frequently at that. If BBs can nuke other ships in one salvo, the lighter ships need other tools besides raw alpha damage from HE or AP to deal with them, given their massive HP pools and thick armor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[BIAS]
Alpha Tester
314 posts
9,329 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Stealth is definitely sorta-kinda a weakness.  OTOH, Khab's aren't meant to be stealthy.  A Khab that's not firing its guns isn't doing its job, generally speaking.  Beyond that, unless you've mounted the 6th slot super rudder shift, the Khab has all the maneuverability of a super tanker.

Honestly, the Khab never seems all that OP to me.  It's not like she's firing 16" gunshells, let alone 8" ones.  She's still a pew-pew ship that relies on a constant stream of minor damage to get the job done.  And it seems to be from experience that you rely on fires a lot to get the really massive damage.  However, given her small guns, your chances of getting fires is low and extremely RNG dependent.  You can have great damage battles and lowish damage battles where the only difference was whether the fire gods blessed your RNG rolls.  

 

No, they're not.  BB's should be able to nuke poorly played cruisers easily.  That said, it's NOT "easy" to nuke a cruiser, because it requires perfect aim and the blessings of RNG to land enough shells on target and to hit citadels.

In the end, cruisers will and should always be vulnerable to BB gun fire.  Why?  Because they're CRUISERS, not battleships!  Even the best armored cruisers would only be armed enough to defend themselves against other cruisers.  Their armor schemes would never be designed to defeat battleship grade guns, because they were never meant to truly fight battleships.  Battleships were designed to fight other battleships!  Cruisers are meant to avoid or limit damage taken from BBs by use of their speed and maneuverability, not their armor.

 

400 main battery hit games are not uncommon in the kebab. That's a ton of RNG rolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×